Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Evo8 autocross car for sale

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2004, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evo8 autocross car for sale

Well, the end of the 2004 autocross season is here. I'll have a full write-up this week, but in brief, it was a good year. Lots of fun, lots of learning, more than enough hard work, and some great results. I'm going to take the 2005 season off and so I'm looking at 2 choices at the moment:

1. Selling all my race parts and converting the Evo back to street duty
2. Selling the Evo as-is and buying another new one and leaving it stock for commuting.

I'm trying #2 out first, before I starting removing parts. So if you were considering building up an Evo for SCCA ESP or SM competition, consider saving a lot of time and money and buying this car.

Details: This car took 1st at the Topeka ProSolo National event and the San Bernardino Pro Solo as well. It also was very competitive locally, especially towards the end of the season when the car was more prepared to the limits of the ESP class.

2003 Evo 8, 1 owner, never wrecked. 13,500 miles currently. Car weighs 3028lbs in current form.

List of mods: CCW 18x10 wheels all around, JIC FLT A2 coilovers, Progress rear sway bar, Sparco Pro2000 driver's seat, Exedy twin disk clutch, Energy suspension bushings throughout, BrakeTech SS lines, Ferodo pads, Hayward & Scott custom exhaust including header, light weight battery w/ quick-release retainers, Sparco suede racing steering wheel w/ quick-release hub, Vishnu Exede with custom race gas map, A/C system removed, stereo removed.

Some more details and pics here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/features/...vomfeatures/44

and here: http://www.joe250.com

Please contact me directly to discuss price. Again, if you were already looking to race an Evo in ESP or SM, you will most likely come out way ahead buying this car. Currently, it really just needs a few more ESP-legal goodies (front passenger race seat, solid intake piping, etc.) and a limited slip front diff. I am on the waiting list for the Quaife which should be here in the next few months. So have your RS-style front lsd and ABS to boot.

Thanks all,
Joe

Last edited by Joe250; Sep 20, 2004 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Add some details
Old Sep 20, 2004, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much are you trying/expecting to recieve for that yummy piece of machinery?
Old Sep 20, 2004, 03:58 PM
Account Disabled

I can't believe your selling this car! Simply an amazing vehicle.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How much?

As I said in my post, please contact me directly to discuss pricing. That said, it will be less than the cost of a used Evo of equal mileage + all the parts that were added. The car is obviously competitive as it stands. With a more sophisticated suspension, some further weight reduction, and a front LSD, I don't see any reason the car could not take home a lot of trophies next year.

Joe
Old Sep 22, 2004, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Joe,

man... you can't sell it now.. who am I going try and beat next season???

I would be interested in your exhaust, I'll talk to ya sunday perhaps.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

If you end up parting out your mods, let me know. I would be interested in almost everything related to the engine and suspension.