Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

IX RS Build

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
Let me ask you a question.... Keeping engineering design in mind.... Whats the difference between a ETS HTA35r and Buschur HTA35r? This still puzzles me... Nothing besides a slightly different designed manifold. They both still use the HTA35r Powerplant made by the same people! Forced Performance....

Whats the difference between a ETS 3" Exhaust and a Buschur 3" exhaust when they both use VERY free flowing muffler and ETS infact has 1 less bend? Both of which have an almost identical routing of piping?

I think how you biased Buschur FanBoi's still think that because it was touched by Buschur, it MUST make 100whp more!!! LOL.

Nothing against David Buschur or his shop, but come on. Its physics and science. a 3" Exhaust with almost identical routing and both free flowing mufflers will net almost identical numbers.

Same goes with a HTA35r kit. They both start with a 2.5" 02 housing and go to a 3" exhaust almost 6 inches after the turbo. I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that the Buschur tubular manifold also makes an addition 70whp over an ETS Equal Length tubular manifold....

I know this has nothing to do with your build, but a wreckless, childish remark like "just changing the ETS stuff to Buschur will net much better times!" is by far the dumbest thing Ive heard on this forum in a while...

Anyways, good luck with your build and stay open minded! Cant go wrong with a Buschur Stage 3 motor.

Dan
buschur doesnt make their manifold, its a shearer piece
Old Sep 8, 2008, 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me ask you a question.... Keeping engineering design in mind.... Whats the difference between a ETS HTA35r and Buschur HTA35r? This still puzzles me... Nothing besides a slightly different designed manifold. They both still use the HTA35r Powerplant made by the same people! Forced Performance....

Whats the difference between a ETS 3" Exhaust and a Buschur 3" exhaust when they both use VERY free flowing muffler and ETS infact has 1 less bend? Both of which have an almost identical routing of piping?

I think how you biased Buschur FanBoi's still think that because it was touched by Buschur, it MUST make 100whp more!!! LOL.

Nothing against David Buschur or his shop, but come on. Its physics and science. a 3" Exhaust with almost identical routing and both free flowing mufflers will net almost identical numbers.

Same goes with a HTA35r kit. They both start with a 2.5" 02 housing and go to a 3" exhaust almost 6 inches after the turbo. I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that the Buschur tubular manifold also makes an addition 70whp over an ETS Equal Length tubular manifold....

I know this has nothing to do with your build, but a wreckless, childish remark like "just changing the ETS stuff to Buschur will net much better times!" is by far the dumbest thing Ive heard on this forum in a while...

Anyways, good luck with your build and stay open minded! Cant go wrong with a Buschur Stage 3 motor.

Dan
You wont know unless you actually test the 2 kits so you might doubt but you dont know..

I beleive he was switching to a BR 4" Race FMIC which doesnt work with ETS piping anyway.. BR has proven parts that work great so why deviate and mix and match parts??
Old Sep 8, 2008, 06:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by justboosted02
buschur doesnt make their manifold, its a shearer piece
That is correct.. They make the downpipe part of the turbo kit..
Old Sep 8, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike, You would know. You tested a ETS 6262 on your dyno. Do you think it would be any different with a shearer manifold? Like a 70whp or more WHP difference?

Im not against him going with him. I too believe in stay with what your building. Im going with an ETS HTA35r, along with a ETS 3" exhaust, and I already have the ETS 3.5" FMIC with the short route piping.

I was directing my statement to VWjeff, Nothing against you either Mike since I know your a Buschur distributor...

Good luck with the build! I will be subscribing to this thread to see how far you can make it on the stock turbo! Cant wait to see what you do with the red!

Dan
Old Sep 8, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Well we all know the BR intercooler out performs the brand X unit, and the BR exhaust is way lighter... call me a fan boy cause I am proud of it.

The differance in the 2 kits are about 1 to 2 sec at the track... hell I have never seen a track # or dyno # from there kit... flame away

Brian good luck bro, I wish you the best bud!!!
Old Sep 8, 2008, 07:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Mike, You would know. You tested a ETS 6262 on your dyno. Do you think it would be any different with a shearer manifold? Like a 70whp or more WHP difference?

Im not against him going with him. I too believe in stay with what your building. Im going with an ETS HTA35r, along with a ETS 3" exhaust, and I already have the ETS 3.5" FMIC with the short route piping.

I was directing my statement to VWjeff, Nothing against you either Mike since I know your a Buschur distributor...

Good luck with the build! I will be subscribing to this thread to see how far you can make it on the stock turbo! Cant wait to see what you do with the red!

Dan
I really dont want to be in the middle of the debate.. I will say though the BR Race FMIC does seem to outperform all other 4" intercoolers.. Manifold for manifold i have never done testing on both back to back.. The Peak HP gain doesnt always tell the story, sometimes its the spool up and power curve that makes one car faster or quicker than the other.. In this case Brian decided to go all Buschur to seal up the proven combination so there is no guessing if and why his car isnt making the power of Vwjeff, or slorice etc..
Old Sep 8, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
Well we all know the BR intercooler out performs the brand X unit, and the BR exhaust is way lighter... call me a fan boy cause I am proud of it.

The differance in the 2 kits are about 1 to 2 sec at the track... hell I have never seen a track # or dyno # from there kit... flame away

Brian good luck bro, I wish you the best bud!!!
I run almost ALL BR parts on my car (race front mount, hta35r kit, turbo back, etc...)
But...........................Jeff................ ...your trying sooooooo hard to be a Buschur Fan Boy your making yourself sound like you belong in the special olympics.

Nobody doubts your loyalty to BR so take a deep breath and formulate sentences that aren't so easy to criticize. "Two seconds at the track"....
Old Sep 8, 2008, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I really dont want to be in the middle of the debate.. I will say though the BR Race FMIC does seem to outperform all other 4" intercoolers.. Manifold for manifold i have never done testing on both back to back.. The Peak HP gain doesnt always tell the story, sometimes its the spool up and power curve that makes one car faster or quicker than the other.. In this case Brian decided to go all Buschur to seal up the proven combination so there is no guessing if and why his car isnt making the power of Vwjeff, or slorice etc..
The voice of reason....Mike....that could not have been more diplomatic.

BTW...to the OP....good luck on your build. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

]
Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
I run almost ALL BR parts on my car (race front mount, hta35r kit, turbo back, etc...)
But...........................Jeff................ ...your trying sooooooo hard to be a Buschur Fan Boy your making yourself sound like you belong in the special olympics.

Nobody doubts your loyalty to BR so take a deep breath and formulate sentences that aren't so easy to criticize. "Two seconds at the track"....
Brian what intake manifold are you going with man?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

I completely understand Mike, but as Paul Nelson and many others have proved, the ETS intercooler is also just as effecient as the Buschur. Maybe not in the weight department, but the main product goal of the ETS intercooler was to make the biggest intercooler possible to fit with the stock splash gaurd and bumper support WITHOUT cutting. They seem to have succeeded in that if you ask me.

Jeff, look past any of Buschur's threads and you can see many people making good numbers and good track times on a ETS kit...

VWJeff, your Zoltan-Buschur like mentality never ceases to amazing me.

Mulholland, your baby-mobile is PIMP!!!!

I cant wait to see this build progress! Get it movin already! LOL

Dan
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:51 PM
Account Disabled

this is going to be a sick build... Ill be watching.... well and wishiing
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Brian, which engine management system are you going to use for your new setup?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:53 PM

i know someone mentioned buschurs exhaust being lighter. Well I have the buschur exhaust and the reason why its lighter is because the piping is soo damn thin. A little too thin if you ask me. Ive heard from many other evo owners in my area with buschur's exhaust that the hangers rip off if you hit a bump in the road. It happened to me and it seems to be a common thing...sooo is lighter better??
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

you cant go wrong with BR!!! good luck
Old Sep 8, 2008, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Please lets keep this topic what is supose to Brians RS. Brian Thanks for choosing CFT to be the ones encharged of the buildup I know with the new setup is going to be crazy fast and fun to drive.Allboost,no meth, Car is runing good with the AEM.I want to thanks FP Robert Young as one of our main sponsors for putting great Turbo that makes good power under the stock apearing the famous RED that we would be using very soon to break into the 9's.Hey Indy you got to hook me up with one of those Wilson Manifolds for Most-Wanted's car hook me up with a goo deal.Brian with 150 less pounds out of the car and 650 WHP should be enough to run mid to low 9's I cant wait to see this finish.

Quick Reply: IX RS Build