Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

IX RS Build

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2008, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian might just be kidding... Best wishes to both of you and keep breaking records!
Old Dec 7, 2008, 01:06 AM
Evolving Member

this is silly
Old Dec 7, 2008, 10:27 AM
Former Sponsor

I honestly meant no disrespect to 9sec9 or anyone. If it came across that way then I'm sorry for that.

Competition breeds competition which is good for the overal Evo Community.

9sec9 has nothing to prove; just look at the threads here on EvoM about his Record Evo. That car holds the current record for the stock frame turbo, but he has moved on to different combinations. No One can take anything away from what that crew has done, they lead the way for a street-like turbo to be super crazy fast. Most Impressive.

We at EPM got hooked up with "MostWanted" after we saw that he was so serious about his goals and his build-up of his EvoRS. We've tried to help Brain attain his goals, not for some arrogant reason to lay claim to this record or that record. Ultimately the Evo community will benefit when "MostWanted" and "9sec9" tests these new components and parts. These parts will trickle down to the public. Everyone knows racing develops parts for the public to ultimately use.
We at EPM have tried to think out of the box and try some things that will again ultimately make their way down to parts for You the Evo Community.

If I am guilty of anything it is my enthusiasm and eagerness to push the envelope. With that said we all know who did what first; no one, no new record will ever take that away from the "9sec9" crew.

But records are meant to be broken, and then that new record will be broken. It is this forever pushing and sometimes dragging these records into the future that will raise the bar.

9sec9 raised that bar awfully high.

And someone will come along and break it. I know Brian personally; he is one great guy. He is the type person that is a perfectionist and intently plans and designs a game plan. Brian has been planning this build-up for a very long time now. He has been able to bring allot of the key players into this build, that in it's self is a huge challenge. Having all these vendors/manufacturers working together in a highly competitive time is quite the accomplishment.

Lastly; the Evo tuner scene is so very different than other auto competition. I have witnessed different crews working to help their competition out at races, I have seen knowledge being shared and lots of people working together to make the Evo faster and faster.
I want to see 9sec9's record broken on the stock frame turbo, and then whoever sets that record I want to see it broken and so on and so on. Because in the end my and Your Evo will be faster because of all that.

Last edited by Q@EvoPowerMods; Dec 7, 2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Well put Q.

Like you said, the more records that get broken, all the better for the general Evo community. I for one can't wait for even more part development so I can bust even more unsuspecting fools on the streets. (obviously by streets I mean closed courses and professional drivers )
Old Dec 7, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Q@EvoPowerMods
I honestly meant no disrespect to 9sec9 or anyone. If it came across that way then I'm sorry for that.

Competition breeds competition which is good for the overal Evo Community.

9sec9 has nothing to prove; just look at the threads here on EvoM about his Record Evo. That car holds the current record for the stock frame turbo, but he has moved on to different combinations. No One can take anything away from what that crew has done, they lead the way for a street-like turbo to be super crazy fast. Most Impressive.

We at EPM got hooked up with "MostWanted" after we saw that he was so serious about his goals and his build-up of his EvoRS. We've tried to help Brain attain his goals, not for some arrogant reason to lay claim to this record or that record. Ultimately the Evo community will benefit when "MostWanted" and "9sec9" tests these new components and parts. These parts will trickle down to the public. Everyone knows racing develops parts for the public to ultimately use.
We at EPM have tried to think out of the box and try some things that will again ultimately make their way down to parts for You the Evo Community.

If I am guilty of anything it is my enthusiasm and eagerness to push the envelope. With that said we all know who did what first; no one, no new record will ever take that away from the "9sec9" crew.

But records are meant to be broken, and then that new record will be broken. It is this forever pushing and sometimes dragging these records into the future that will raise the bar.

9sec9 raised that bar awfully high.

And someone will come along and break it. I know Brian personally; he is one great guy. He is the type person that is a perfectionist and intently plans and designs a game plan. Brian has been planning this build-up for a very long time now. He has been able to bring allot of the key players into this build, that in it's self is a huge challenge. Having all these vendors/manufacturers working together in a highly competitive time is quite the accomplishment.

Lastly; the Evo tuner scene is so very different than other auto competition. I have witnessed different crews working to help their competition out at races, I have seen knowledge being shared and lots of people working together to make the Evo faster and faster.
I want to see 9sec9's record broken on the stock frame turbo, and then whoever sets that record I want to see it broken and so on and so on. Because in the end my and Your Evo will be faster because of all that.
The funniest thing is that 9se9 set the stock turbo and FP red turbo record with a Ebay internal gate O2 housing.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 01:24 PM
Former Sponsor

I may be wrong since we have run thru so many combos, but I think the FP Red had a Trent-o-Matic O2 housing and the FP Green had a Buschur SS on it FWIW.

Now back to Most Wanted's build.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Dec 7, 2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 04:13 PM

This isn't my thread nor do i know what Beef is going on but i think Most W. who is brian i take it, is doing a good job of showing us his build some people just going a lil overboard, if he intends to break XYZ records so be it let everybody get a chance and have dreams and possibly live them...

All in all from what i have gathered both cars run WELL. Well we will see how this one runs when it does. All in all we are all men and if we take racing that seriously that when we make a joke (as he said joking) then we dont do it for the sport.

Best of luck with this build as i love it and how its turning out, one sweet ride. And look to forward to seeing it run great times.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

car was amazing in person good luck with the build
Old Dec 7, 2008, 04:24 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Most Wanted thanks for bringing the car to the Wynn's / Jestr event
Old Dec 7, 2008, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
Most Wanted thanks for bringing the car to the Wynn's / Jestr event
any pics of Brians car at the event?
Old Dec 8, 2008, 06:25 PM

Brian, it was nice meeting you this weekend! The car looks great and I look forward to seeing the car on the track
Old Dec 8, 2008, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1slowevo
any pics of Brians car at the event?
Old Dec 9, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I had heard alot was said while I was gone and frankly am quite shocked. I have thought about this for days and what I wanted to say. I think I will take the high road and dismiss the lack of tact and class. It seems most everyone is on the same page so I dont feel it necessary to explain myself. I will say I honestly thought Okix was just playing around and replied in the same fashion. If 9sec9 wants to make it personal, so be it. I will continue on and try to beat all the records as planned. I don't think Curt Brown is sitting at home with his panties in a ruffle because I am out to get his record. He's probably laughing saying he'll never get it Which may be true, but I'm gonna try like hell. My list of priorities are this: 1. All time stock turbo record which WAS set by Curt Brown and not 9sec9. 2. All time stock appearing turbo record set by 9sec9. and 3rd I'd like to run an 8 sec pass.

9sec9- I have a beautiful reply for you sitting here on my desk but think I will let it go for now. I will refrain from posting it as long as you stay out of my thread with negativity and misinformation. One quick fact though, our cars are nothing alike. If you are bitter about something I have no problems discussing it with you via pm or telephone like adults. I refuse to detract from my build thread to argue with someone 1500 miles away....
Old Dec 9, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Now for the good stuff. It was a great weekend and it was nice hanging out with everyone. Here are a few pics from the weekend.

Early am waiting on the AWD crew...

Old Dec 9, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

i think one of my favorite things about your car most-wanted, is how open the engine bay is lol makes life so much easier.

Quick Reply: IX RS Build