Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

IX RS Build

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you have one of the sickest builds i have seen on this forum...i congradulate you man. I really hope you try to run 9s with the stock setup before you change it out to a bigger turbo. Congrats again.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
awesome build, awesome car, awesome times...good luck and keep up the great work
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
As was stated earlier, thedyno session was brief. we did not squeeze tha car at all. There is plenty left in it and I am confident the car can run a 9 sec pass on the stock turbo. The tune from Crispeed is awesome. Car idles and purrs like a kitten. OK, maybe an angry kitten The car ran very consistent with 6 passes and four being 10.20's. The track air temp was 36 and track surface temp was 56. It is very hard to be consistent as traction was suffering.

Thank you Crispeed for tuning the car.
You're welcome Brian!
I'm just honored to be part of the entire team in helping you meet your goals and setting records.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
On the dyno One vid, others loading...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/I...ock_444832.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/I...-tq_444834.htm

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Jan 22, 2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Honestly the EvoRS looks almost as good minus the front bumper and hood as with them on, such a Super Clean, Professional BuildUp. Thnxx Brain for letting us be apart of such an awesome group of Manufacturers in Helping you reach your goals. We can't wait for the next round, and then... the future buildup
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

I wana be just like you when i grow up.

congrats once again man.

Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Q@EvoPowerMods
Honestly the EvoRS looks almost as good minus the front bumper and hood as with them on, such a Super Clean, Professional BuildUp. Thnxx Brain for letting us be apart of such an awesome group of Manufacturers in Helping you reach your goals. We can't wait for the next round, and then... the future buildup
Thanks Q. Your parts work plain and simple. The Habanero is ready to go too And per our conversation today, well you know I cant wait LOL...
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds to me like a pissed off mountain lion, but then again, that's just me Good stuff man!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Well the stock turbo couldn't hang in any longer and failed. We never made it back out other than the first night. Best pass was 10.21, best mph was 133 and best 60' was 1.396. It would've run a 9 sec pass if the turbo would've been fresh. Last pass was 10.2x@133 with a poor 60' due to extreme cold temps. We dynoed the next day and were down 60hp/100ft tq. So it was very possible.

Now for the good news. I have already done some baseline testing with the RED. This turbo is out to impress let me tell you. On moderate boost we are over 600whp And it holds over 588 to 9500 rpm. I dont want to say too much because these were very simple baseline runs. We only made I think three passes and my battery decided to catch on fire I will be installing the Habanero and Driven Innovation's intake mani and we will get busy next week. Crispeed is the man
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

man too bad about the battery brian but it will be all ready to rock next week sir, i look forward to sharing a track night with you and the rest of the awd crew. my slicks should be here in a few days, mount them and we will see if i can atleast run a decent time behind you,lol
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by purevibez
man too bad about the battery brian but it will be all ready to rock next week sir, i look forward to sharing a track night with you and the rest of the awd crew. my slicks should be here in a few days, mount them and we will see if i can atleast run a decent time behind you,lol

Yeah, it will be an exciting night for sure. I have my medical scheduled already and will be doing my 9 sec license runs if all falls into place I figure the car should be able to run a 9 sec pass with an extra 140whp LOL... It is always fun hanging out with everyone too...

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Jan 29, 2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Just took the time to read the entire thread. Even though I've seen this car in person and stood 10ft away from it as it was hurled in a furious rage down the 1320, it was nice to get to see the finer details posted in this thread. I had no idea of this cars existence until Jan 21'st when I just happened to be at the track with Casper (Chris). As a matter of fact, if Chris never bought an Evo I would most likely have never seen this car or the goals Brian has set for him self to run in this car. It is definitely a privilege witnessing what this car can do. After getting to talk with Brian and hang out for a little bit its hard to believe there are people who could hold a grudge however small it is against him. He is good people plain and simple. Genuinely nice guy and a positive person. He definitely deserves to go deep into the 9's this Wednesday. He put together an amazing car and from my own experience building cars I know its capable of dropping a full second off his current E.T. at the least with what he told me last night at the track. I hope his car does spank the stock appearing turbo record and defends the title the next time someone steps up to the challenge.

I know the AWD guys usually come equipped with camcorders but if you ever want footage like the last time the offers always there as long as work allows. I just plain enjoy every part of making vids and driving out to record the car would be anything but an inconvenience. I extend that offer to any local SoFla people who want a vid at the track or wherever. I hope the car makes it to the track this Wednesday. I WILL be there for sure.

-Eric

Last edited by Epix_; Jan 29, 2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well the stock turbo couldn't hang in any longer and failed. We never made it back out other than the first night. Best pass was 10.21, best mph was 133 and best 60' was 1.396. It would've run a 9 sec pass if the turbo would've been fresh. Last pass was 10.2x@133 with a poor 60' due to extreme cold temps. We dynoed the next day and were down 60hp/100ft tq. So it was very possible.

Now for the good news. I have already done some baseline testing with the RED. This turbo is out to impress let me tell you. On moderate boost we are over 600whp And it holds over 588 to 9500 rpm. I dont want to say too much because these were very simple baseline runs. We only made I think three passes and my battery decided to catch on fire I will be installing the Habanero and Driven Innovation's intake mani and we will get busy next week. Crispeed is the man
Thats just insane man. I need to know what things you have changed since im heading to Buschur's for my tune. I want to pick up some new parts you are using if they are picking power up like that. My mods are pretty similar to yours.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Brian can we use his sticky pod in your car??? It goes to the window and sticks, it wont come off lol. It is a very ncie piece. I want some in car vids wiht m ycamera haha, and some footage for Epix to put in his vds of the beast.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Epix-Thank you for the kind words Always nice to meet fellow enthusiests and just have fun.

AcePitcher11-hard to tell what the differences are without a complete mod list. Feel free to pm me and we can talk more. All I can really say is Buschur built me a bad az motor that never stops impressing me. All the running gear is also Buschur like upper pipe, ported intake mani, 65mm TB, ported exhaust mani. I also have Crispeed in my corner tuning on E85. I think we will be in the neighborhood of 620 when its all set.

Casper- Not a problem...

Quick Reply: IX RS Build