Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

IX RS Build

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2009, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
I am going to be on the RED for a short while longer and then on to the next level with another great turbo from Forced Performance I'm thinking of a number and 800 comes to mind
NICE...looking forward to the progress with the red and then the new bigger turbo.

Hey why dont your set another record while you're at it. Throw the STOCK evo 8 turbo on
Old Feb 9, 2009, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Indy- It is an honor to be included and I look forward to it and being affiliated with Wilson.

Epix_- Thanks for the vid. Too funny. Still grabbed second though LOL...

Oh yeah, that was the 10.1 @ 141 pass when the window popped and the diaper melted and I dragged it all the way down the track.

I tallked with NHRA today and everything is organized. I will be overnighting the paperwork to them tomorrow and they will issue me a temp via email Should be good to go in a few days...
Cant wait to "DO WORK"
lol very nice....ill be at the track weds, if you wanna come out and hang out.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Q@EvoPowerMods
Work it "MostWanted"..... good times are a plenty.....I gotta get myself down there for some of this.
Your welcome anytime. Spare bedroom has your name on it

Fathouse- Soon enough...

Although it has been too cold at the track. I need it to be about 15 degrees warmer.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i think you should find an FP green and take that record away from the guys down in PR......DO IT! haha i mean might as well...record breaking machine over here...keep it going...
Old Feb 10, 2009, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
i think you should find an FP green and take that record away from the guys down in PR......DO IT! haha i mean might as well...record breaking machine over here...keep it going...
How about an 9.0 sec RED pass instead???

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Feb 10, 2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How about an 9.0 sec RED pass instead???
you won't do it...haha...yeah i guess that works...a 9.7 or faster fp green run would be pretty bad*ss too..haha...
Old Feb 12, 2009, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Uh oh!

Looks like someone is legal You kow what that means No restrictions next time out. I will be heading to the track on Wednesday and will try to lower the RED record deeper into the 9's....

Old Feb 12, 2009, 02:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like someone is legal You kow what that means No restrictions next time out. I will be heading to the track on Wednesday and will try to lower the RED record deeper into the 9's....

have i told you how much i "hate" you???

jerk!!!

good luck bro
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Brian the Diff Eliminator Kit is out for delivery. I will call Mike when he can pick it up from Wilson Manifolds. Congrats on getting your card. Indy
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

I am planning on going back out Wednesday, but also going to the Import Face Off at PBIR on Sunday. Anyone going???
Old Feb 23, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Well just returned from a busy weekend. I ended up racing in Outlaw class because I didn't want to run a slow bracket class against a stock Honda with auto trans LOL.. Well I got raped by an 8.0 rotary LOL... It wasn't even a race, but it was fun. I then ran in test and tune and made some decent passes. 9.6, 9.7's and two 10.0's when I bogged it off the line. Track was so sticky I couldn't even do a burn out. I launched at 7200 and still bogged LOL.. I now have about 20 9 sec passes under my belt and think I will move on to the next stage of the build. I am trying to get comfortable with each huge hp increase we do. 200 more HP will be ridiculous I think, but I want to be able to say I have an 8 sec evo

Today was a fun day btw. I put in the spare carbon seat and took the wife for a cruise. This car is a complete animal on the road. There is no way I could drive it regularly without going to jail. I cannot believe how fast it is on the street. When your at the track you lose alot of speed sensation. I so badly want to put it on street tires, bolt the exhaust back up, and cruise around. But common sense says no way. I think the RED is the perfect street turbo. There are very few cars I think that could get in front of it That was one of the funnest rides I've been on in a long time.

Latest in car video. The car I raced was a 570 cubic inch Camaro on a 250 shot of NOS. He said he has never ever not been able to catch someone until this night He was cool though and came and talked a bit. He went 9.90....
IX+RS+In+Car+9.6%40144+

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Feb 23, 2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Old Feb 23, 2009, 08:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Nice Video....Everyone sees why you built the car and also Drive it. One of the nicest/cleanest engine bays on Any Evo.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Too bad you couldn't bust out a lower elapsed time. I know Lana has it in her. But I think you're right. You've proven the red. Now its time to get serious. Whats the next record, quickest full body Evo? LOL
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Q@EvoPowerMods- Thanks. get ready for a visit

Epix_- No worries. A RED is only a moment away from install if needed and the tune is under lock and key I am going to a larger turbo to satisfy my desire to run an 8 sec pass and will see how far it gets into the 8's. I am working on a bunch of ideas right now, but not sure what will take place...

Quick Reply: IX RS Build