Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

IX RS Build

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car is home Well she came home and headed right to her other home which is Mike's shop LOL... Tuning will commence shortly. Here are a few pics of the latest and greatest.

Lambo Orange calipers to match the valve cover. Thank you so much Todd from Quest Nation

Thank you Forced Performance for the new snail. Its all taped up for protection on the 700 mile trip.

Old May 1, 2009, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

And last but not least. This is what happens when you buy the AMS lexan window kit and DO NOT screw them in place. You CAN NOT install these like regular windows. The rear is somewhere between Alabama and South Florida-LOL... It came out at 75mph and even had speed tape on it. I have decided to put the stock glass back in and am also reinstalling a new front glass. So people can also stop complaining about my car having lexan The 20# weight savings is no where near worth the trouble it has caused me..... So if anyone finds it you can keep it LOL....

Last edited by Most-Wanted; May 1, 2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old May 1, 2009, 06:47 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
aha,,, you finaly made it brother.

Brian it looks good, the maifold look nice as well

ouch the window thing is crazy , sorry to hear
Old May 1, 2009, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Just a quick thank you to NLI/EPM and Todd for going above and beyond these past few weeks. It means alot to work with great people and also having new great friends. Many thanks....

I'd also like to thank everyone involved with their continued support. Without them none of this would be possible. Mike and Crispeed are now in charge and will finish off what needs to be done.

Thank you everyone:
BUSCHUR RACING
AWDMOTORSPORTS
FORCED PERFORMANCE
EVO POWER MODS
DRIVEN INNOVATION'S
SPARK TECH
Old May 1, 2009, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
everything looks amazing, almost looks like a shaved engine bay the way it's all business

that turbo looks so new and nice, 8's or bust
Old May 2, 2009, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great man glad to see its back in sunny Florida .Hmm i'm building two rally cars i think for good luck we should go with Porsche RS green and orange valve covers it seems to work for you haha.
Old May 2, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
damn that setup looks sexy as hell...i say that everytime i see it...haha i really like that they polished the nasty habanero now...that sucks about the back window man...oh well..PS I'm sure you saw it but you are missed the front bolt on your 3rd from the left coilpack...haha...just figured I would point that out...Looking forward to dyno #s and track times...good luck man...
Old May 2, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
damn that setup looks sexy as hell...i say that everytime i see it...haha i really like that they polished the nasty habanero now...that sucks about the back window man...oh well..PS I'm sure you saw it but you are missed the front bolt on your 3rd from the left coilpack...haha...just figured I would point that out...Looking forward to dyno #s and track times...good luck man...
Thanks. Yeah I have some spare nuts and bolts coming from Spark Tech. Thanks for looking out...
Old May 3, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice to see you have the car back. Looking forward to see the power it makes and the new times it is going to run.
Old May 3, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Nice to see you have the car back. Looking forward to see the power it makes and the new times it is going to run.
Thanks. Car is in good hands with Crispeed doing the tuning. Should have some numbers next week....
Old May 6, 2009, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with the back window that will help on those hot summer nights at the track to keep you cool...
Old May 6, 2009, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Good to see that you have the car back I cant wait to see what it does at the track.
Old May 6, 2009, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by badlooser
with the back window that will help on those hot summer nights at the track to keep you cool...
I knew you'd have some good insight to my problem. Always gotta look at the bright side of things

NOW for the bad. We have hit a road block. I have a possible resolution in place, but have had a major let down. We finished the car today and it started right up All the fittings are the way I want, new boost controller, etc. But the mani is not cooperating with its peers Here are a few pics from today. I am getting ready to get on the road because the wife is insistant on going to the Drift competetion in Atlanta. I'll go more into detail when I return on Sunday...

Old May 6, 2009, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

damn...i wanna know whats wrong? But i guess we will have to wait until sunday
Old May 6, 2009, 09:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Talked to Brian today and apparently the manifold did not get surfaced properly. In the haste and frenzy of the last few weeks with No Limit Industries having to reorganize and EPM breaking away from it's parent company. The Manifold surfacing did not go as had planned. Brian is sending me back the Manifold so that I an get the Machine shop to properly surface the flanges. It seems that the planets were Not in alignment, since the rear window blew out of the Evo on the way home, then the trailer apparently hit something where the Florida Tag was lost and the trailer lights are now not working. The Manifold was not surfaced the correct way. Sorry Brian but we will get the machine shop to correctly surface and deck the flanges properly this time around....Brian is itching to get the RS back to the track, it's just not the situation we all wanted. But things like this happen from time to time. EPM will make it right and the Manifold will be powering up soon.

Quick Reply: IX RS Build