Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

IX RS Build

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2008, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Very glad to be a big part of this build. Thanks for going with us, I'm fairly certain you are going to be very happy with the outcome! We've got some special recipes just for this build for you, as you know.

We are going to try and give you something to shoot for with Tom's car tomorrow night!

Thanks again!
Old Oct 6, 2008, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't wait till i have the funds to do something like this!! now where are the updated pics im waiting!!!-JOEYD
Old Oct 6, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Very glad to be a big part of this build. Thanks for going with us, I'm fairly certain you are going to be very happy with the outcome! We've got some special recipes just for this build for you, as you know.

We are going to try and give you something to shoot for with Tom's car tomorrow night!

Thanks again!

Thank you for building me a motor. I know it will deliver and there were never any questions in my mind as to who I was going to have build it. This has been a long time in the making. I have done 4 bolt on evos with your parts and all performed flawlessly. So it was a no brainer for the big build.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

OMG! Can't believe it has been a month already I miss her LOL... Things are finally starting to wrap up at least. The car has been at the chassis shop for 3 weeks alone She should be coming back to CFT first of the week. Motor is shipping soon and parts are 98% accounted for. Even have spares as a back up and testing purposes. I have decided to go with the Forced Performance FP5R's Can't wait to see the nice hp curve with those bad boys.... I am going up on Monday and promise to post pics on Tuesday night.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:12 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
OMG! Can't believe it has been a month already I miss her LOL... Things are finally starting to wrap up at least. The car has been at the chassis shop for 3 weeks alone She should be coming back to CFT first of the week. Motor is shipping soon and parts are 98% accounted for. Even have spares as a back up and testing purposes. I have decided to go with the Forced Performance FP5R's Can't wait to see the nice hp curve with those bad boys.... I am going up on Monday and promise to post pics on Tuesday night.
Brian this biuld looks very good, cant wait to see this baby on the dyno and on the 1/4mile.

maybe i can get a ride, hint hint hey dont blame me for it

Last edited by apagan01; Oct 9, 2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Who made your CF doors?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
Brian this biuld looks very good, cant wait to see this baby on the dyno and on the 1/4mile.

maybe i can get a ride, hint hint hey dont blame me for it
No problem, I have two carbon fiber seats with harness'. Wife like a ride every now and then LOL... That was the stipulation on the seat, had to buy two

epicevo-No carbon fiber doors yet I wanted the seibon fiberglass ones, but they discontinued them. Not sure what to do on that situation right now. Car weighs sub 2400 so not really an issue yet. I am concentrating on getting it up and running and then will work on a solution for the doors.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Brian contact Robi he has some glass doors and they are around 7lbs. each.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Brian contact Robi he has some glass doors and they are around 7lbs. each.
uhh.. I am on it chief..
Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:43 PM
Former Sponsor

No problem, I have two carbon fiber seats with harness'. Wife like a ride every now and then LOL... That was the stipulation on the seat, had to buy two

epicevo-No carbon fiber doors yet I wanted the seibon fiberglass ones, but they discontinued them. Not sure what to do on that situation right now. Car weighs sub 2400 so not really an issue yet. I am concentrating on getting it up and running and then will work on a solution for the doors.
oh right on, I thought there was a post about you having doors..

Well congrats on the progress on your car.. I wish my evo weighted 2400lbs!! That has got to be such a good feeling!! Post up some pics!!!!

Mark
Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
uhh.. I am on it chief..
Indy Evo- Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it.

Mike-Good to see my sponsors have my back LOL... Let me know Mike. I see a group buy thing going on here Car will be uber light

epicevo- I promise to post pics as I get them. Just haven't made the 4 hour drive this week as I was waiting for the final chassis product.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 06:16 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i will remind you of my ride brother
Old Oct 9, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Updated Fuel tank ,pump,filters lines are here at CFT already to Lana come back.Front end is completely done and looks sick,safety rear seat cover is done with some special finish on it that I am not going to post.Working on the rear under panel car supose to be finish around next week lets see what happens Brian 2300 here we come shooting for low 9's let see

Oscar @ CFT
Old Oct 9, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RACE MAN
Updated Fuel tank ,pump,filters lines are here at CFT already to Lana come back.Front end is completely done and looks sick,safety rear seat cover is done with some special finish on it that I am not going to post.Working on the rear under panel car supose to be finish around next week lets see what happens Brian 2300 here we come shooting for low 9's let see

Oscar @ CFT
aagghh yes, both the woman in my life are very spoiled Cant wait to see how she looks on Monday. And the new custom intake mani is enroute JAJA..

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Oct 9, 2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

new update with pics tonight in an hour or so

Quick Reply: IX RS Build