Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

IX RS Build

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice he looks just like you.

What are you looking to do with the new car, just FWIW my dad bought a CTS-V and with an Intake, Pulley and Tune($1500) he's making around 550whp. The potential of that car is amazing. But the C63 should be loads of fun too since its lighter.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
Nice he looks just like you.

What are you looking to do with the new car, just FWIW my dad bought a CTS-V and with an Intake, Pulley and Tune($1500) he's making around 550whp. The potential of that car is amazing. But the C63 should be loads of fun too since its lighter.
Thanks I will do light mods no matter what I end up buying and want to do a track day once a month. I actually want to go and test drive the new CTS-V. I know with basic bolt ons they are making 600+ and are complete animals. I will probably go next week and check it out. They are great cars and are really reasonable. But I loved my C63 and had planned on buying the 2010 with the new P031 package. Just not sure. I'm taking my time and gonna check everything out.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Thanks I will do light mods no matter what I end up buying and want to do a track day once a month. I actually want to go and test drive the new CTS-V. I know with basic bolt ons they are making 600+ and are complete animals. I will probably go next week and check it out. They are great cars and are really reasonable. But I loved my C63 and had planned on buying the 2010 with the new P031 package. Just not sure. I'm taking my time and gonna check everything out.
That would be a good idea to take them both for a drive. I'll tell you this much though, the mods for the CTS-V will probably be much cheaper than the C63. For the CTS-V the automatic is quicker down the 1/4 mile but the manuals make more power and with the tune the automatic shifts get even quicker although I know its much more fun to drive the manual
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

That would be a good idea to take them both for a drive. I'll tell you this much though, the mods for the CTS-V will probably be much cheaper than the C63. For the CTS-V the automatic is quicker down the 1/4 mile but the manuals make more power and with the tune the automatic shifts get even quicker although I know its much more fun to drive the manual
Yeah the mods are stupid for the MB. Headers are $6K LOL... But I have the hook ups through AWDMOTORSPORTS No matter what I buy it will be automatic unless I buy an RS4(only come's manual). I'm still leaning towards the C63 though. The CTS-V wont be faster than the new P31 C63 Its 0-120 time has decreased 1.2 seconds over the 09's. Not sure what the new 1/4 mile times will be but it will be significantly faster than the original 12.4-12.5 of the older model. We'll see what happens. I'm in no rush.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Ok so i researched this P31 package, if this is what it has thats freaking awesome:

And discontinues the "AMG Performance Package". (Option Code P30)

LSD will be a stand alone option $2,000.00 USD

In the new pacakge it will:

*Increase HP to 481
*Light Weight AMG Forged Pistons
*Light Weight Connecting Rods
*Revised Crankshaft
*New Engine Managment
*AMG Compound Braking System
*Red Brake Calipers
*New CF Rear Trunk Spoiler
* Top Speed of 174mph!
* New Alacantera AMG Steering Wheel

$5,950 USD
Old Feb 14, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Ok so i researched this P31 package, if this is what it has thats freaking awesome:

And discontinues the "AMG Performance Package". (Option Code P30)

LSD will be a stand alone option $2,000.00 USD

In the new pacakge it will:

*Increase HP to 481
*Light Weight AMG Forged Pistons
*Light Weight Connecting Rods
*Revised Crankshaft
*New Engine Managment
*AMG Compound Braking System
*Red Brake Calipers
*New CF Rear Trunk Spoiler
* Top Speed of 174mph!
* New Alacantera AMG Steering Wheel

$5,950 USD
Yup, thats the P031 And during preliminary testing they said the car was 1.2 seconds faster to 120 than the normal C63. If the standard C63 is rated 12.4-12.5 then the new numbers should be very impressive. But that all comes with a huge price tag The C63 is NOT cheap, never has been. Mods are crazy $$$ too. I'm still leaning towards it though and will just do exhaust, ecu, wheels, and suspension... Before I take the plunge I am defnitely going to at least drive the CTS-V to rule it out. I'm not a fan of the GM products, but I have to at least take a look at it since it gets alot of praise. Heck I even thought about another evo to cruise around in and make trackable.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

WOW! So i have loved watching the Most wanted beast on videos and checking up on its new times and setups. But i just read this whole thread right now and what a crazy and great story! lol Not even trying to sound corny. haha
Anyway, if you still want speed with quality and luxury you have to get a Nissan GTR! You just can't go wrong!
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mine's evo
WOW! So i have loved watching the Most wanted beast on videos and checking up on its new times and setups. But i just read this whole thread right now and what a crazy and great story! lol Not even trying to sound corny. haha
Anyway, if you still want speed with quality and luxury you have to get a Nissan GTR! You just can't go wrong!
Still not sure. I do not like the GTR at all. Its ugly and is only a two door. Gotta have space for the munchkin. I'm actually looking at another evo. Just not gonna go crazy on it if I grab one. The basic Buschur mods and FP goodies with some AWD love.

Old Mar 1, 2010, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
I actually want to go and test drive the new CTS-V. I know with basic bolt ons they are making 600+ and are complete animals.
If you end up getting one, you'll have to make a trip up north here. Our shop has one that they have been building for about a month now. Last I knew it was making way too much power for a family car
Old Mar 1, 2010, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
He's grown alot since the last time I was by your neck of the woods
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Well I'm teaching Austin how to drive

Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Wow Brian Austin got so big since I saw you guys in December. Oh man can't wait to see you guys again and introduce you to Phillippe
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Any chance of reposting some of the pics of the front end and/or any details on how it was done? Most of the original pics are gone. Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XSivPSI
Any chance of reposting some of the pics of the front end and/or any details on how it was done? Most of the original pics are gone. Thanks!
Yeah I had to clean out my imageshack files. Dont have too many close ups but this gives you an idea. Any good reputable chassis shop should be able to do it. Mine was done by the PR guys in Orlando. If your wanting the same shop to do it I can send you in the right direction. Rolo from CFT at the time helped me with it. We used a scrap motor for fitment etc...

So funny to see Austin so small. He is growing up so fast...

And on a completely different note I bought a GT3 to track. Should have it in my possession in two weeks... Road course here I come..

Hope everyone is doing well...

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Feb 29, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice looking new car brian! Should be a blast around the track.

Quick Reply: IX RS Build