Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
rock, what's your goal for this car these days?
Well my first goal is to get the Car done then get wheels on it Redo interior in some suede action Cf Vg and probably repaint it and call it a day on it thats my goal right now im just trying to get it home and out the shop suited and booted and ready for WAR!!! You know how that is LOL. The waiting game
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

have to wait till thursday to get pics of the Z of course Sears Messed up the operation and destroyed one of my tires putting it all on backwards so they had to order one new tire the rest of rims and tires are mounted and balanced. so new tire will come in thursday they should get that one right and then ill have new shoes
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RockmanX
lol 12-9 for me today missing all the college games least there will be some good games on tonight when I get off work
Damn, long day I missed the games myself cause I stayed for 3 more hours
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

have to wait till thursday to get pics of the Z of course Sears Messed up the operation and destroyed one of my tires putting it all on backwards so they had to order one new tire the rest of rims and tires are mounted and balanced. so new tire will come in thursday they should get that one right and then ill have new shoes
but then
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

tomorrow i should finally get the new Rims put on the Z since sears messed it up. Toxic Fab Cam Shield should have hit the shop by now I also ordered some Fortune Auto SS bolt kit for my Z yesterday as well.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Omg this thread is still going? This has got to be the longest build thread ever.

Wouldnt it suck if the car gets finished and you start driving it and the water pump fails causing the block/head to warp? Lol
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05VIII
Omg this thread is still going? This has got to be the longest build thread ever.

Wouldnt it suck if the car gets finished and you start driving it and the water pump fails causing the block/head to warp? Lol
If you only knew all the little details there is a reason the thread was extended and I dont believe in rushing anything period. it will get done should have some nice updates for the Evo this weekend or next week
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

How much longer rock? I have an update for you, I am being medically retired. Crazy huh
Old Oct 20, 2010, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ssg_petty_210
How much longer rock? I have an update for you, I am being medically retired. Crazy huh
WOW you got medical discharged like my brother?? We are about to start fighting it now the military messed up is paper work whats new with that right and only offering him 20% and he is pretty messed up with constant back pain and Random hard back spasms so bad you can see the bone moving and they say he might be fit for duty stupid he is a mechanic he cant lift anything if his back starts acting a fool stupid so good luck for real with that process we are getting a lawyer now to fight it.

Things to be getting installed and put together on the evo this week. only one minor issue the STM oil cooler has gone missing in action Brian is suppose to be on the Case but I have not heard from him yet. I refuse to even let the shop start my car without a oil cooler it all needs to be in place.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

WOW you got medical discharged like my brother?? We are about to start fighting it now the military messed up is paper work whats new with that right and only offering him 20% and he is pretty messed up with constant back pain and Random hard back spasms so bad you can see the bone moving and they say he might be fit for duty stupid he is a mechanic he cant lift anything if his back starts acting a fool stupid so good luck for real with that process we are getting a lawyer now to fight it.

Things to be getting installed and put together on the evo this week. only one minor issue the STM oil cooler has gone missing in action Brian is suppose to be on the Case but I have not heard from him yet. I refuse to even let the shop start my car without a oil cooler it all needs to be in place.
Sorry to hear about your brother. I am being MEB'd so I will retire as a Sergeant First Class. If I get pinned E7 first, then I will retire as a First Sergeant. I am receiving 100 percent disability, and my lawsuit from suing the hospital is going way up. So I am actually getting a great deal out of this, and will be better for me and my family. I wish your brother the best of luck. Tell him he needs to go talk to JAG. He isnt going to be able to sue the military, but he can appeal the MEB process and try and fix what they screwed up. Military is always screwing up paper work, and do not care who they screw over. If you need any help, let me know. I will find out as much info as I can for him and I will be able to give him some point of contacts to help his case out. Just give me the word, and I will help your brother out. No favors in return, yal are good people.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

ill let him know but thats the military for you and why i could not join use you up and dont want to take care of you after your injured doing there work. Its a sad cycle really. Reason why there is not alot of people this day and age signing up because of stories like this from people that served. I guess at least you get out time for a regular job for you LOL so you dont get to bored
Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

While my stuff hasn't taken even a fraction of the time yours has I can say I understand what you're going through (SBR screwed up on my fuel lab fuel filter and we had to call Fuel lab and beg them to send one to us next day.

Tuning session planned for tomorrow and its going to be down to the wire at this point. They've rescheduled a bunch of times and this time the dyno place took a whole off for us (My friend is getting similar work done). So the shop is working through the night to get the car together.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Reason why there is not alot of people this day and age signing up because of stories like this from people that served.

off topic and all but the military, army included is actually over strengthed right now. we are at 108% and are talking of downsizing. so yes many people are still signing up this day. because like all employers some people have a turn of bad luck and let it sour there opinion on the entire outfit. unfortunatly it does happen but less then you would imagine.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
off topic and all but the military, army included is actually over strengthed right now. we are at 108% and are talking of downsizing. so yes many people are still signing up this day. because like all employers some people have a turn of bad luck and let it sour there opinion on the entire outfit. unfortunatly it does happen but less then you would imagine.
lol if you were on the other side of the fence and saw the truth you would not be saying that period. its easy to judge when your not going though it personally
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
While my stuff hasn't taken even a fraction of the time yours has I can say I understand what you're going through (SBR screwed up on my fuel lab fuel filter and we had to call Fuel lab and beg them to send one to us next day.

Tuning session planned for tomorrow and its going to be down to the wire at this point. They've rescheduled a bunch of times and this time the dyno place took a whole off for us (My friend is getting similar work done). So the shop is working through the night to get the car together.
Yes man Ill finally have pics of the Z with the new rims installed Sears got my replacement tire they screwed up so after work time to get suited and booted. My Evo build has taken awhile and I rather have it done right the first time then to rush it back and guess what have little issues arise or things i wish I would have added like the STM clutch fork or the STM SS clutchline or the SS brake line im going to buy the delay of exedy allowed me to look at other parts so it turning out for the best not to mention Carlos might powdercoat my calipurs as he has done alot of nice powdercoating for the blue bomber already

Quick Reply: Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.