Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BEISSEN
Wrong lol the uicp helps just not on the extreme as the licp people with larger tb and intake Manifolds get more from them the uicp brings cooled air in and the more the better but only if your setup right. I got the 3" uicp from ETS and you know AMS wont build a wasteful part.
post some graphs etc backing up your claim the upper ic does something. LOL you would be the first to say that and prove it good luck with that one. The lower yes helps aid in spool but the upper is just for looks buddy.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
post some graphs etc backing up your claim the upper ic does something. LOL you would be the first to say that and prove it good luck with that one. The lower yes helps aid in spool but the upper is just for looks buddy.
I wish I had a stock uicp and I would when I get retuned lol but I knowbit.helped with throttle responds and a few hp maybe not much but air in air out hince upper and lower lol air flows to the top and the air goes out the bottom just physics maybe ask jms when they tune the car to try a stock uicp and see 5 bucks says im right hahahaha. Also pm me so we can battle don't want to take away from your monster build thread you know I have fun.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

this thread is its own living being LOL soon to be cluttered with dyno graphs videos etc. LOL. Things are almost complete in place
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

this thread is its own living being LOL soon to be cluttered with dyno graphs videos etc. LOL. Things are almost complete in place
I can't wait to see the real video of the car meaning a street video.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 01:29 AM
Evolving Member

which hood are you running on your I like it
Old Oct 28, 2010, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by murderedevo256
which hood are you running on your I like it
Thanks its a T-rex. The company was bought out. you can get a Viz Tracer to be exact
Old Oct 28, 2010, 06:46 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Wrong lol the uicp helps just not on the extreme as the licp people with larger tb and intake Manifolds get more from them the uicp brings cooled air in and the more the better but only if your setup right. I got the 3" uicp from ETS and you know AMS wont build a wasteful part.
Rock is right. On a mildly tuned car like yours, the UICP doesn't do anything power-wise and a LICP may give you a few consistent HP. Maybe. It's no secret. Hell, if you can find a single relevant dynograph illustrating "gains" on a mildly modded car, you're one step ahead of the rest of us.

Rock, this thread is huge! Have you driven the car yet? When do you expect to have it?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Rock is right. On a mildly tuned car like yours, the UICP doesn't do anything power-wise and a LICP may give you a few consistent HP. Maybe. It's no secret. Hell, if you can find a single relevant dynograph illustrating "gains" on a mildly modded car, you're one step ahead of the rest of us.

Rock, this thread is huge! Have you driven the car yet? When do you expect to have it?
I understand that but im soon not to be mildly modded lol.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 06:51 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I understand that but im soon not to be mildly modded lol.
Then, after you're not mildly modded, a LICP will help some, but the UICP still won't do much. Good luck.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Then, after you're not mildly modded, a LICP will help some, but the UICP still won't do much. Good luck.
Bubble buster
Old Oct 28, 2010, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF

NOPE i have not seen the car since second week in april. Im 7 hours away from the shop. I do not plan on going down there until its all done suited and booted no point in doing that. Not like shop is 1 hour away type deal. I probaly will not get the car back until january or later because im swapping the evo with the Z and for the Z i still have parts to get

willwood front big brake kit
3.5 ve built motor

I have everything else turbo cams and thinking if i want to at least port the heads. The evo will be done and tuned video and all for the thread of course. I will just not have it until i get Z parts. JMS still has to make me a double pumper for the evo so i can do e85 but i fiqured to car will be ready for dyno tuning early next month trust me the Video will be posted deciding if i want to get FIC 1650 injectors for this e85 thats newly availble here jorge is tuning a evo this weekend with them so we shall see how it runs idles etc with them for e85 before i take the plunge.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

NOPE i have not seen the car since second week in april. Im 7 hours away from the shop. I do not plan on going down there until its all done suited and booted no point in doing that. Not like shop is 1 hour away type deal. I probaly will not get the car back until january or later because im swapping the evo with the Z and for the Z i still have parts to get

willwood front big brake kit
3.5 ve built motor

I have everything else turbo cams and thinking if i want to at least port the heads. The evo will be done and tuned video and all for the thread of course. I will just not have it until i get Z parts. JMS still has to make me a double pumper for the evo so i can do e85 but i fiqured to car will be ready for dyno tuning early next month trust me the Video will be posted deciding if i want to get FIC 1650 injectors for this e85 thats newly availble here jorge is tuning a evo this weekend with them so we shall see how it runs idles etc with them for e85 before i take the plunge.
Rock if your doing e85 id how with at least 2000cc with the black and 35-40 psi will be there. Also thought only pump was going to be used lol.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Ok I didnt realize you had an AMS, and and UICP wont do much...unless you get a short route piping which you cant since you have the stock battery....whatever though, I have the stock battery too.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

I have direct/ short route Pipeing lol am im making more now rock hahahaha lol.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Rock if your doing e85 id how with at least 2000cc with the black and 35-40 psi will be there. Also thought only pump was going to be used lol.
not trying to waste 700+ dollars ill pass on those

I have direct/ short route Pipeing lol am im making more now rock hahahaha lol.
again your making min gains you will be lucky to gain 1whp if even that from the upper does not matter very much in the equation of things just hurts your wallet spending a ton for nothing.

Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
Ok I didnt realize you had an AMS, and and UICP wont do much...unless you get a short route piping which you cant since you have the stock battery....whatever though, I have the stock battery too.
waste of money to get short route. I dont mind the battery up there i rather it be there anyways i can do other things with my trunk instead. I have a custom Makeshift ams lower for the Fp 3" ss race pipe you know that pain in the *** pipe to mount LOL. I have dont so much work to get my injen upper system to work its staying put nothing wrong with it comparted to other upper ics i dont buy into the hype of other companies like most do

BTW i several AMS parts on this car that they only made or had the right fit but i gets no love from them LOL

Last edited by RockmanX; Oct 28, 2010 at 08:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.