Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
awe... don't make me cry Rock I don't know what you were drinking at the time you wrote that, but I forgive you. btw I don't want to see you till your car is done! jk jk evo love

Mikey
im not coming all the way to ohio with NO EVO LOL ill have my clean car what about yours LOL. I heard your now in Vingina how you liking it so far. miss your old home yet??
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
im not coming all the way to ohio with NO EVO LOL ill have my clean car what about yours LOL. I heard your now in Vingina how you liking it so far. miss your old home yet??
I do really miss Washington and all my great friends that I left behind. I am glad I'm back in Virginia at the same time because I'm from here and missed my family. But at the same time I look at all my evo friends as family. I would do anything to help any of you guys. sorry for the mushy post, I'm a bit drunk, but I mean every bit it.

Mikey
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow rock,

After reading what you went through with ur build, thanks so much information. If i had to learn one thing and sum it up in one sentence.

How can i simply state this?.....

Im never building my evo.

Haha, what a trip.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
I do really miss Washington and all my great friends that I left behind. I am glad I'm back in Virginia at the same time because I'm from here and missed my family. But at the same time I look at all my evo friends as family. I would do anything to help any of you guys. sorry for the mushy post, I'm a bit drunk, but I mean every bit it.

Mikey
I know firsthand
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Changing jobs? i thought you owned like spider walk entertainment or something like that? And 5 other buisnesses?

more important things going on right now. this car has got to wait. I will get it eventually right now in in the process of changing jobs period. I have had it with this one and its time to move around asap.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

Rocks thread has turned into a Dr. Phil thread hahaha... PM me if anyone needs counseling from Dr. LG
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brokenRS
Wow rock,

After reading what you went through with ur build, thanks so much information. If i had to learn one thing and sum it up in one sentence.

How can i simply state this?.....

Im never building my evo.

Haha, what a trip.
LOL building a evo is not bad just know what your truely getting into most dont and they look at the outcome of the project oh i want this about of hp but they dont realize it going to cost 17k+ and some times. unless you want a rush job in which case more things could go wrong then more time and more money. you have to be willing to say ill spend 20k with no disguard for money to have it completely built most think they can get it done with maybe 5k just know thats not happening and realize good things take time
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbo01s2k
Changing jobs? i thought you owned like spider walk entertainment or something like that? And 5 other buisnesses?
I do but just becuase i own a business does not mean i should stop working come on now. the economy is not the greatest and im trying to keep money coming in from all directions not me sitting down taking it easy
Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

LOL building a evo is not bad just know what your truely getting into most dont and they look at the outcome of the project oh i want this about of hp but they dont realize it going to cost 17k+ and some times. unless you want a rush job in which case more things could go wrong then more time and more money. you have to be willing to say ill spend 20k with no disguard for money to have it completely built most think they can get it done with maybe 5k just know thats not happening and realize good things take time
You can say that again man. It really isnt cheap. A built head and block alone will run you close to 5k or more depending on what you get.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

I do but just becuase i own a business does not mean i should stop working come on now. the economy is not the greatest and im trying to keep money coming in from all directions not me sitting down taking it easy
Good luck Rock
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LGshow19
You can say that again man. It really isnt cheap. A built head and block alone will run you close to 5k or more depending on what you get.

I'm at 5640 with out cams. That'll just push me over 6k. Don't even want to talk about the turbo setup cost

Or wheels.

Or tuning.

LOL.

While I know this is going to be over 10k.......I doubt I'll come close to 20k. I really could keep this to about 8k with a OEM frame turbo. But I want more power since I'm building a bad *** block.

Did I mention now all of my good for nothing friends are getting motorcycles and I was planning on getting one anyways I'll be hopefully trying to squeeze that in.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
I'm at 5640 with out cams. That'll just push me over 6k. Don't even want to talk about the turbo setup cost

Or wheels.

Or tuning.

LOL.

While I know this is going to be over 10k.......I doubt I'll come close to 20k. I really could keep this to about 8k with a OEM frame turbo. But I want more power since I'm building a bad *** block.

Did I mention now all of my good for nothing friends are getting motorcycles and I was planning on getting one anyways I'll be hopefully trying to squeeze that in.
All the parts i have right now... you dont even want to know how much im spending and im not done yet
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla

Or wheels.

Or tuning.

LOL.

I have no idea how you can get it done for 10k, closer to 20k seems to be where I am heading.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

I've been working on a build for a while now and am nowhere near 20k or ever will be. I'm hardly sparing any expenses either. A lot of the guys on this single thread probably have even sold me parts lol!

Rob
Old Feb 27, 2011, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xceler8rob
I've been working on a build for a while now and am nowhere near 20k or ever will be. I'm hardly sparing any expenses either. A lot of the guys on this single thread probably have even sold me parts lol!

Rob
depends if all your parts are used then yes you can save some coin some of us refuse to get certain things used. LIKE the shortblock or the turbo or pullies gaskets intercooler etc. it adds up quick. not to mention im throwing LABOR and tuning oils cusumables etc in there as well if you put it all together and tune it yourself you will save more coin but dont be surprised if it does not turn out just right. good luck to all

Quick Reply: Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.