Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
Rock, i think you should get some nice coilovers.... not the megans... haha.

I have the buschur spec JIC Magic. They are very nice. Your going all out on the rest of the car, dont skimp the suspension!
i have not even decided to do the suspension yet or if there is really a need for it to be honest. My car sits low enough and I DONT WANT IT LOWER. if the buschur spec JIC are only for dragging I dont want them. has to be nice DD/roadrace/part time drag. once i hit 10.9 dragging at the track is over. what do you think of my rims selections so far hommie
Old Jun 11, 2010, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I never dragged my car, nor took it to the track before the motor blew. I was just using JIC as an example of a nice coilover. My car doesnt sit too low, and it doesnt have to be slammed on a coilover. I loved some spirited driving in my car, and it hugged the pavement like crazy. ill look at the wheels when i get home, and let you know what i think.

I used to have gold weds, and i think those would look good. Ill check um out and give my opinion!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Ahh see Im all for the opposite, Im keeping the whole exterior stock. I mean the Hoosiers might raise an eyebrow, but Im gonna talk to people like I have no clue whats going on and show them my old timeslip of 12.3 at 113

Oh wow! Them is some crazy lookin wheels
like them rims babyboy like skittles i found them in every color im trying to be different with my evo off the grid
Old Jun 11, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I never dragged my car, nor took it to the track before the motor blew. I was just using JIC as an example of a nice coilover. My car doesnt sit too low, and it doesnt have to be slammed on a coilover. I loved some spirited driving in my car, and it hugged the pavement like crazy. ill look at the wheels when i get home, and let you know what i think.

I used to have gold weds, and i think those would look good. Ill check um out and give my opinion!
so you on jic now how much for those and i assume they are not coil overs LOL
Old Jun 11, 2010, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

the buschur JIC's were on the car when i bought it, as well as the wedsport wheels.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

the buschur JIC's were on the car when i bought it, as well as the wedsport wheels.
Aaaah freebie for ya any ideal on price?? is your car silver or black??
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

its silver. i think the JIC on buschurs site are around 2k, maybe less. havent looked for a while. They discontinued the wheels i had, the SA-90's. You can still find sets here and there for about 1k new.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

naaa look at the ones i posted up hommie. im trying to look outside the box lol. It will all flow together. going for a nice exotic look so at the end of the day its clean looking and different but still fast haaa. i still need to get a Carbon VG. its sad man i have issues spending 130 for a Carbon VG or 80 for weapon r powersteering pump or 80 for weapon r coolant overflow but i can spend 2k+ on a shorty LOL
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

ya i feel ya. haha. i havent really done much for looks, cuz i think its expensive, and doesnt make the car faster... lol
but you can be sure ill spend 20k on go fast goodies! haha
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

ya i feel ya. haha. i havent really done much for looks, cuz i think its expensive, and doesnt make the car faster... lol
but you can be sure ill spend 20k on go fast goodies! haha
i disagree with that aero peaces do wonders in time attack road coursing etc so effectivly shaving time means your moving faster hommie i know aero peaces add up lol but can make your car look hella good

Last edited by RockmanX; Jun 11, 2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

damn those neo chrome wheels are crazy!

the white with neo chrome lip would stand out pretty well since you didnt really wunna go black!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
i disagree with that aero peaces do wonders in time attack road coursing etc so effectivity shaving time means your moving faster hommie
haha i know but it doesnt feel that way when your paying $$$ for a bumper or wing or something lol. im looking into finishing my suspension next, then i will start doing some bracing, and aero/looks
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

damn those neo chrome wheels are crazy!

the white with neo chrome lip would stand out pretty well since you didnt really wunna go black!
im going to call them and confirm fitment without fender rolling and i was thinking either the yellow neo chrome ones or the gunmetal neo chrome one?? I can help you with aero peaces when your ready i always find deals given enough time hommie LOL. have to make the car look aggressive with your agressive motor. I still dont think suspension yet is worth the coin if i got heavy into Roadcoursing then yes is a must for sure.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Well, with already having coilovers, im not going to do a whole lot more. Less than 1k of parts, so i figure that will be easier to get done than anything else haha. Plus i only have a year left til I graduate college, then ill have some money to play around with!

I have some gunmetal rims waiting on the garage, so Im a fan of that color!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

haha i know but it doesnt feel that way when your paying $$$ for a bumper or wing or something lol. im looking into finishing my suspension next, then i will start doing some bracing, and aero/looks
i should know lol my

riser APR GTC 200 $955+shipping
APR GTC 300(350z spec) 1430+shipping

lol let me tell you i did not pay close to those prices helps knowing people

Quick Reply: Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.