Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
Rock, nice wheels buddy. I'm sure they will look great. If you are going to show then go big! Also remember the more they weigh and the slower they will make your car.

Mikey
yea i know im keeping that in mind for sure buddy i have to get the exact weight on them long as there not 30lbs per rim im cool with it lol. i think i could still easily run 10s if they weighed 25lbs each. im not trying to be the lightest evo out there for sure. ill keep my stockers and put some other tires on them later. hell i might get these then get some rota dpts later for road course duty. point is even if you see these neo chrome rims on you will assume its a show evo that cant be faster then 320-350 haaa then ill whoop that *** get out the car and polish the lips back up haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
yea i know im keeping that in mind for sure buddy i have to get the exact weight on them long as there not 30lbs per rim im cool with it lol. i think i could still easily run 10s if they weighed 25lbs each. im not trying to be the lightest evo out there for sure. ill keep my stockers and put some other tires on them later. hell i might get these then get some rota dpts later for road course duty. point is even if you see these neo chrome rims on you will assume its a show evo that cant be faster then 320-350 haaa then ill whoop that *** get out the car and polish the lips back up haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
mine are 25lbs + the 10mm spacers and heavy lugnuts. I dont give a **** about weight reduction either. still got spare tire in trunk.... speaking of which, you ever seen the size of that thing? its ****ing huge.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
Im happy for you. But no need to get all offensive about it.He asked for opinions, I gave him mine, and you gave him yours.
Originally Posted by tscompusa
you added a smart remark after your post with "haha" so i had to target you specifically. its no big deal, just dont act like a jackass towards a product you dont know nothing about. The way you worded yourself made me look bad for choosing the coilovers. People need to know what is what, not what one individual thinks about a product. Most the time with coilovers/suspension stuff its about name brands when it comes to pricing.

ADD: im not even into suspension myself, and it took me 1-2 hrs max of research to find all that information out that I did about the plant manufacturer's and etc.
ladies lets not fight over them. tscompusa has uncover some nice infomation about them all being in the same factory. to be honest only time will tell how good the coilovers are to be honest. i know your still waiting on the sweet valve cover then you can drive your car. Well once you do im positive you will give my thread a first reaction. after about 500 miles or so im positive you will know how these coilover will react in all situation and if there to cheap per say. Hell i was thinking about getting HKS as they are a nice neo purple look. I think megans are green and that will kill the vibe of my engine bay. Suspension is not a big deal to me now the first priority is to get this motor together and get miles on it and make sure its all leget then rims, VG then probaly paint job then look into suspension NOW if a badass deal comes along then im looking for parts ill do a impulse buy for sure but i have not seen any to boast about. Ill let you know about Mona Nick im going to give you alittle time to get your **** together expect after mine is done for me to want the funds.

Last edited by RockmanX; Jun 13, 2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

now that your awake tscompusa what size rim on that chart i posted last night will fit our evos company should email me back tomorrow they are closed today.

P.S. Nickie Manley rods are a beast as well
Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor

ladies lets not fight over them. tscompusa has uncover some nice infomation about them all being in the same factory. to be honest only time will tell how good the coilovers are to be honest. i know your still waiting on the sweet valve cover then you can drive your car. Well once you do im positive you will give my thread a first reaction. after about 500 miles or so im positive you will know how these coilover will react in all situation and if there to cheap per say. Hell i was thinking about getting HKS as they are a nice neo purple look. I think megans are green and that will kill the vibe of my engine bay. Suspension is not a big deal to me now the first priority is to get this motor together and get miles on it and make sure its all leget then rims, VG then probaly paint job then look into suspension NOW if a badass deal comes along then im looking for parts ill do a impulse buy for sure but i have not seen any to boast about. Ill let you know about Mona Nick im going to give you alittle time to get your **** together expect after mine is done for me to want the funds.
megans are red http://www.meganracing.com/uploadIma...20V%20x500.jpg

i will report back how they are on monday. cover comes monday. cant wait to see what it looks like since its shaved.
im putting evo in kill mode also on monday. gonna bump the timing up till i hit about 610whp on vdr/dll then leave it there
for a while

Last edited by tscompusa2; Jun 13, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor

now that your awake tscompusa what size rim on that chart i posted last night will fit our evos company should email me back tomorrow they are closed today.

P.S. Nickie Manley rods are a beast as well
that 18x9.5 one with 40 offset from what i seen
Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

that 18x9.5 one with 40 offset from what i seen
ok so now im getting somewhere now with 40 off set would i need space of any kind i thought the highest you could go with out having turning issues was 35 offset?? Hit me with a pic of your red megans installed in engine bay please. I can do red. I hate the color green. would match my camgears and a shade of the chameleon
Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

mine are 18x9 +44 and they are SUPER close, but they clear without rubbing..... all they hit btw is the inner fender well cover piece that snaps on not the actual car body itself.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

mine are 18x9 +44 and they are SUPER close, but they clear without rubbing..... all they hit btw is the inner fender well cover piece that snaps on not the actual car body itself.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok so with + 40 ill clear and i should not hit anything if your barely hitting interior fender with 44 i should clear it easy then i will not need any spacer then. Heck ya that makes my day for real dude.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:08 PM
Former Sponsor

i think you will need a spacer....... but a spacer is no big deal. i got 10mm spacer i think? no clue.. looks 10mm tho.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

i think you will need a spacer....... but a spacer is no big deal. i got 10mm spacer i think? no clue.. looks 10mm tho.
i guess you would have to take your wheel off to measure the size of the spacer for me huh? i suppose i could order a spacer with the rim company
Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor

ya im not taking it off tho... i had taken them both off in the front about 5 times each the other night adjusting tie rod ends...... im burnt out with that ****

your wheels will be different then mine also tho. you may not need spacers. i would ask that company first.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

ya im not taking it off tho... i had taken them both off in the front about 5 times each the other night adjusting tie rod ends...... im burnt out with that ****

your wheels will be different then mine also tho. you may not need spacers. i would ask that company first.
im not just buying he **** im asking tons of questions first lol. not just going to dive in head first. so who did your valve cover?? how was pricing??
Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor

ask to speak to his manager lol.

jnz finishing did it......... kind of expensive. about $180 since i tried to rush them. the shaving was $75.

Old Jun 13, 2010, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

ask to speak to his manager lol.

jnz finishing did it......... kind of expensive. about $180 since i tried to rush them. the shaving was $75.

DAMN 75 TO SHAVE LOL. Hmm im thinking about getting a evo 7 valve cover and redoing that later. nice looking so 850 brand new huh is that the best price you could fine??? what do you think about HKS coilovers??

Quick Reply: Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.