Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
you added a smart remark after your post with "haha" so i had to target you specifically. its no big deal, just dont act like a jackass towards a product you dont know nothing about. The way you worded yourself made me look bad for choosing the coilovers. People need to know what is what, not what one individual thinks about a product. Most the time with coilovers/suspension stuff its about name brands when it comes to pricing.

ADD: im not even into suspension myself, and it took me 1-2 hrs max of research to find all that information out that I did about the plant manufacturer's and etc.
it wasnt a smart remark. it was directed to rock, who I was talking to. then you got offensive. if i was referencing you, i would have quoted you, like i am now, or said, not like that guy. im sorry you took offense to something that wasnt directed towards you whatsoever.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
get the manleys nickie. how much is the shortblock hitting you for total??
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

im not sure. its like 4600 for the 2.4,then 500 or so for the long rod option. then for the manleys an addtl 20 per rod i think. but i also had a good core.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
im not sure. its like 4600 for the 2.4,then 500 or so for the long rod option. then for the manleys an addtl 20 per rod i think. but i also had a good core.
so 4600 for the std 2.4 then another 500 to change the rods to LR. and thats it. 5100+shipping for it
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

yup im pretty sure. i dont have the invoices or anything, but that sounds right.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

man you dont have invoices for **** man you just buy on faith alone LOL
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

haha. well everything is going through the shop. they keep me updated with what i will owe extra, but i wont have final numbers until everything is in and about finished and we sit down and go over things... haha.

Plus when the money isnt really coming out of my pocket, im not AS **** about it. Dont think i dont have excel spreadsheets with everything though.... hahaha
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

you have not paid for anything yet?
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Well when the shop totally bombed my motor, everything had to be replaced. Their ins. is paying a substancial amount of everything
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

ahh good is ER machining oil squirters in yours lol
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Ive been meaning to talk with them. its so hard to get ahold of them, other than pm's every once in a while. it would probably be a good idea though.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

there not needed small conversation going on in br2.4 thread about it im hoping some shops comment on the stupid oil squirters conversation i read about i awhile go if they are really needed in any build which they are not alittle small insurance but not needed by any stretch of the imagination.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
DAMN 75 TO SHAVE LOL. Hmm im thinking about getting a evo 7 valve cover and redoing that later. nice looking so 850 brand new huh is that the best price you could fine??? what do you think about HKS coilovers??
best price i could find yes. hks looks ok to me, but im not a hardcore suspension guy so im not the right person to ask.

ill post pics of it once it arrives to show you in here. i hope it looks good, if not i will be pissed.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
it wasnt a smart remark. it was directed to rock, who I was talking to. then you got offensive. if i was referencing you, i would have quoted you, like i am now, or said, not like that guy. im sorry you took offense to something that wasnt directed towards you whatsoever.
it sure seemed like it. I know when someones trying to bash me. truth is i could afford a 15k suspension if i wanted, but why bother?

if i dont like the megans believe me i will come back here and post what i feel about them.. i will find out in the next few hours here im waiting for ups to deliver my valve cover. they come about 1pm.

the only problem is i did other suspension mods at the same time i did the coilovers so i dont know how accurate my opinion is going to be. my old suspension was stock struts and tein springs with tein camber plates. (from previous owner)
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RockmanX
there not needed small conversation going on in br2.4 thread about it im hoping some shops comment on the stupid oil squirters conversation i read about i awhile go if they are really needed in any build which they are not alittle small insurance but not needed by any stretch of the imagination.
i dont know about the oil squirters , if the motors machined right you dont need them, but on 7 bolt DSM 4g63 motors the oil squirters is what was causing the crank walk.. the squirters would get stuck open since they were check valves and over oil main bearings and cause excessive wear until the crank would move back and forth so far it would grind the crank angle sensor against the trigger plate and eventually destroy the motor. (Magnus motorsports theory)

Quick Reply: Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.