Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2010, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
i dont know about the oil squirters , if the motors machined right you dont need them, but on 7 bolt DSM 4g63 motors the oil squirters is what was causing the crank walk.. the squirters would get stuck open since they were check valves and over oil main bearings and cause excessive wear until the crank would move back and forth so far it would grind the crank angle sensor against the trigger plate and eventually destroy the motor. (Magnus motorsports theory)
as mikey stated in the thread

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
Doesn't oil squirters take oil away from the crank? That is why a lot of builders don't use them. The crank/bearing are more important!!!

Mikey
so people now are backing up what you said is intresting as well i knew about the 2g dsms and crankwalk but to hear it explained and cliffnoted like that is great.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

sad news talked to rim company and they said the rims will fit but not fit meaning they will mount but cant turn car will not clear brakes they have tried them before on a evo back to the drawing board
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try tirerack Rock, they sell wheels that fit evo pretty good. By the way, how's ur car doing?
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
sad news talked to rim company and they said the rims will fit but not fit meaning they will mount but cant turn car will not clear brakes they have tried them before on a evo back to the drawing board
and you cant use spacers? they said you cant turn with them?

UPS ****ing fails! its 3pm and no valve cover -- my plans are ****ed. i wanted to tune for 620 today and now ups owned me
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

and you cant use spacers? they said you cant turn with them?

UPS ****ing fails! its 3pm and no valve cover -- my plans are ****ed. i wanted to tune for 620 today and now ups owned me
lol i thought you were suppose to get that mess at 1pm you were so excited and happy now your bubble is shattered. LOL they will never be as bad as FEDEX the worst company ever. ill check out tire rack i just wanted something different for a change you know sigh/
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by leonevox
try tirerack Rock, they sell wheels that fit evo pretty good. By the way, how's ur car doing?
collecting dust to be honest with you LOL. car is on hold until the shootout 6/20 it will be in full swing i ordered a new waterpump and exhaust manifold gasket jms go both those parts today. Next up for me to order is 65mm t/b and fortune auto bolt dress up.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:29 PM
Former Sponsor

lol i thought you were suppose to get that mess at 1pm you were so excited and happy now your bubble is shattered. LOL they will never be as bad as FEDEX the worst company ever. ill check out tire rack i just wanted something different for a change you know sigh/
lol. ya usually 1pm, but they are delivering with a can of fail this time i guess. fedex is pretty good for me believe it or not. fedex comes at 10am

i think volks might have something with that neo stuff.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:32 PM
Former Sponsor

btw........ you don't rep JMS very well! did you see these vids by JMS?

my fav one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U7AS1NupNQ

look at all the stupid domestic idiots argueing its a stock shelby ha. to bad thats a 147mph trapping evo street sweeper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N03e0tEUJ8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY2I4cW_Tr4

Last edited by tscompusa2; Jun 14, 2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

if u got the xtra money , go with volks man, their wheels are very light and straight, no vibrate or anything. My bro just bought a set of te37 volks and he love it.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:38 PM
Former Sponsor

ya volks ftw. you can find them on ebay really cheap sometimes also. te37's are nice.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

lol. ya usually 1pm, but they are delivering with a can of fail this time i guess. fedex is pretty good for me believe it or not. fedex comes at 10am

i think volks might have something with that neo stuff.
yes volks does 1000 per rim according to wheel place when i was asking them if any other neo chrome they offer that will fit evos. im not paying 4k for wheels just to get a scratch or something stupid
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:45 PM
Former Sponsor

yes volks does 1000 per rim according to wheel place when i was asking them if any other neo chrome they offer that will fit evos. im not paying 4k for wheels just to get a scratch or something stupid
thats to much ya.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

I hate that sh*t. You should complain and get some money back.

edit: damn im slow. i wait 10 mins and all these posts got in.. haha i was talking about the ups shipping crap

Last edited by NickieBlaine; Jun 14, 2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
I hate that sh*t. You should complain and get some money back.

edit: damn im slow. i wait 10 mins and all these posts got in.. haha i was talking about the ups shipping crap
complain about what?? I can get volks but i dont want to pay 2k for rims i bought 1700 rims for the Z then i have another set of 1600 rims for the Z and waste of funds in my opinion i did it once im not doing it again. Ill get rotas before i do volks unless i find somebody selling a style i like for less then 1600. im not buying another turbocharger again or another built block again on rims lol putting out 1k per items is over. TSCOMPUSA dont discreit my JMS love those vids are not the newest and i posted the newest awhile back. You have to keep in mind they are doing my work but until my car is completed tuned and running like a champion i will not fully but a sponsor lol but when i was down there i did help install guages and they treated me like family and everybody was friendly so nice place to be for sure
Old Jun 14, 2010, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

i was talking about tcomp's shipping dilemma

Quick Reply: Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.