Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SRToad4
Open dump is FTW

Rockman, you won't be getting the open dump unless you're in WOT.
When not in WOT, you can't tell the car has an external gate or externally dumped gate. I rock the EPM o2 Dump, and under normal driving, there's not a peep from it. Only under full boost does it open up, and when it does, it sounds like teh sex.

Originally Posted by Green Meanie
From a cost perpective the FP Black is still king but from a performance perspective I would love to see hp/area under the curve plots for a Black and say a BB 6262 or similar turbo. I wonder if the numbers would be closer then you think.

I think lag is over rated. If you are running a bigger turbo but make more power then a smaller turbo at the same RPM then lag is irrelevant at that point. I would think the boost tapering off versus a 6262 or similar holding it until redline would be a concern as well.

Not for Rock since those are not his goals. I was all about the FP Black up until this weekend. I did some searching on this site and had a few PM's from reputable people/shops that have me thinking about going slightly bigger.

Its all in the parts combo right. The right turbo, manifold, cams, compression, tuner, etc can make a turbo's response see to defy logic. There have been more then a few threads that have proven this.

Anyways glad to see the car coming along. Can't wait to see the numbers. its going to suck when its over. Like waiting for the big EVENT and then after the climax.........what are we going to look forward to. LOL.

LOL its all in the goals the user has. I dont need anybody telling me how to build my whip i got this believe that lol. I read and research more then the average user on this forum trust me on that I dont mind stating your opinion and why nothing wrong with that but please dont force your opinion on me. I buy what I want when I want. If i want it i buy it that simple. I understand perfectly what a dump is and when it opens up only when you are doing sprited driving blah blah blah. I dont want one plain and simple. SO you can drop the conversation about it. Other folks dont mind them I do. I dont want the extra noise and smell even it its only when im pushing it. If in 2 weeks from now i deciede i want one then Ill buy one that day no sweat off my back. but right now for goals i have its not required. Lag is something thats all on the user if it takes me 5k rpms to get to the promised land that is to much. AGAIN i dont care about top in i dont want a 660+ monster. I dont care about running 8s,9s,10.5 Yawn. im only draggin out of princple to test my whp it puts down my goal is low 10.99 people hit that on stock turbo and block and i have a full build lol I dont need other parts breaking due to to much tq and i dont want the car to vibrate my brains out and smell like garbage when i drive it.my setup will more then likey exceed my low goals. I still have a Z they have to build next for 550whp what do you think my goal for that will be
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rock. Just got back from mkc, and finally saw my car, and all the parts! haha.... but i left my camera at home charging...
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Broham
well at the end of the day this is "rock's thread", it's good to say tips/tricks and suggestions. But telling him to go 6262 or insinuating the blacks downsides and to go bigger isn't the right venue. People don't seem to mention the cost. Cost. one more time. COST. the most optimal kit for a larger setup is a twin scroll 3586 or 3582 etc. But that is double the black in price. DOUBLE. and for what? higher tq, higher hp, and better turbine housing. But rock wanted the black and itll do more than enough for his goals. Everybody doesnt want to go slooo sloooo then BAM!!! thats the 6262 and 3586. not everybody likes this style. Even Buschur said his favorite car is a 2.3 fp red. Why? Because it is. It's that simple.

How did this turn into a spelling thread and "do a t3 turbo thread"?
+1 million. Somebody gets it. If i wanted that then i would have it. just like if i wanted a evo X i would have one if i wanted a evo 6 i would have one if i wanted some replica brides i would have them right remixx lol if i wanted a built tranny i would have one correct strictly modified its not the business of the money. its as he stated is the COST WORTH HOW i want my evo to preform. and sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow bam is not what i want. making my car stink even more is not what i want. If i want a go faster evo ill have JMS build me another evo with a JMS 2.0 and a fat laggy turbo im sure they would be up for it. Remember i will have 2 very fast cars soon driving a laggy car is not fun for me.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by leonevox
check out mine ride, iam using 6765 front face, and been running 9s all summer long. Lag were not noticeble. You might wanna buy one and try it out or take a ride with somebody car that has a 6765 in it. Or, i can take u for a ride if we lived close to each other.
come down here to Pa and you will be very surprised how a fp black and 2.3 feel and react.. its like a 16g with a 2.0 im not kidding you.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
Rock. Just got back from mkc, and finally saw my car, and all the parts! haha.... but i left my camera at home charging...
come on dude i want to see whats going on in that mad factory? you got your pistons and motor.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
come down here to Pa and you will be very surprised how a fp black and 2.3 feel and react.. its like a 16g with a 2.0 im not kidding you.
with your tuning and cbrds i know its good lol you have graphs to prove it as well. lagging all over the place is boring and i would sell my car instantly if it came to that unless i was a dedicated DRAGGER *yawn*.

Last edited by RockmanX; Jul 26, 2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:26 PM
Former Sponsor

check out mine ride, iam using 6765 front face, and been running 9s all summer long. Lag were not noticeble. You might wanna buy one and try it out or take a ride with somebody car that has a 6765 in it. Or, i can take u for a ride if we lived close to each other.
also i did get a ride in the dude that helped me tweak my tune on dyno (kreionic) i think his is 6765 and he was reving out to 9500. but only like 22psi wastegate pressure. but the car felt dead downlow, but uptop yes i could tell it wanted to pull uptop until 9500rpm. i know a black cant keep making power like a true non stock frame turbo, but the black will surprise you ... trust me. stock having such a restriction housing it still pulls hard uptop. i was making peak hp at 7400rpm when reving to 8000

what is your setup? like a built 2.0L made to rev high as hell? those are good money cars, but for a daily driver / road warrior / fun car / the stroker and black are really enjoyable.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
come on dude i want to see whats going on in that mad factory? you got your pistons and motor.
Well.. as far as i know.... the pistons still arent at ER. So all my parts are sitting around waiting to be installed....
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RockmanX
with your tuning and cbrds i know its good lol you have graphs to prove it as well. lagging all over the plan is boring and i would sell my car instantly if it came to that unless i was a dedicated DRAGGER *yawn*.
i got my **** relocated to trunk ill show you.. it doesnt look that bad
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
i got my **** relocated to trunk ill show you.. it doesnt look that bad
???
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Well.. as far as i know.... the pistons still arent at ER. So all my parts are sitting around waiting to be installed....
wow the wait is seriously on LOL dedication to those pistions my friend LOL. whoa but will be good once they arrive and motor is assembled. i just hope football season does not start and your still waiting lol
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

dude, your spelling isnt a lot better than mine.
While I definitely agree with you, I have to ask. did you ask Rock to move a turbo wheel with his mouth???

ER is busy buttoning up my build! Speaking of which, lunch is over, I need to give Aaron a call!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

hahaha thanks. I sent another email to aaron today once i got back to see if there was anything new. Doubtful, but im trying to be optimistic.

I have a corner full of parts to myself at the shop lol.
A 2.0 with stock head and kelford 272's hit 600 on the dyno with the black while i was there.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
While I definitely agree with you, I have to ask. did you ask Rock to move a turbo wheel with his mouth???

ER is busy buttoning up my build! Speaking of which, lunch is over, I need to give Aaron a call!
whats the layout of your 2.4 please??
Old Jul 26, 2010, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

hahaha thanks. I sent another email to aaron today once i got back to see if there was anything new. Doubtful, but im trying to be optimistic.

I have a corner full of parts to myself at the shop lol.
A 2.0 with stock head and kelford 272's hit 600 on the dyno with the black while i was there.
e85 of course lol but thats nice 600 is a nice round number LOL.

Quick Reply: Rockmanx Fp Black Complete Build thread.