Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Corza's 2.3L Evo 8 motor into Evo 6 build thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subscribed... good luck with the build
Old Dec 27, 2010, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by tscompusa
regulators a good mod i recommend it also. do not get solid tensioner or you will be sorry.

why is your crank trigger plate so new looking? you had to replace it?
That plate is brand new. Not taking a chance with that. As mentioned above JHH can be contacted in regards to solid tensioner. The regulator has been added to the shopping list.

I still trust Wil at JHH, he has been there and done that and the solid tensioner was something he stressed to me.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 02:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by CORZA
That plate is brand new. Not taking a chance with that. As mentioned above JHH can be contacted in regards to solid tensioner. The regulator has been added to the shopping list.

I still trust Wil at JHH, he has been there and done that and the solid tensioner was something he stressed to me.
well its your motor. i been using 4g63's since 2001 and never had a tensioner failure.. i will tell you this though. having a solid tensioner is gonna put abnormal stress and wear and tear on all pulleys and belt also. good luck.

The car is awesome looking dont do solid tensioner.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 02:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by CORZA

why did you replace the trigger plate tho? did you have crankwalk and damage it?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 02:17 PM

I still had my motor in the car, this motor was built using all new or second hand components so far. Now my motor is out I will take some of its parts and put on this etc.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 08:41 PM

Little bit of an update. Finally went out and pulled gearbox off. Also have stripped the motor of all accessories. Next week we will start cleaning and putting a few bits on the new motor.

Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:13 PM

Done a little more work on it this week. Sealed the top of the motor. Sump will go on this week hopefully. We have welded up all the holes that we no longer require and this week will be preparing for paint. Hopefully we can have it painted by the end of this week but with this weather it might not be possible. Here are some pics!!!

Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

looking good!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 02:44 AM

Yeah it will be street legal, mostly. Got out there today and covered with primer. Thanks to Batcho and Chris for helping me as I am an amateur when it comes to painting and prepping. With Ipswich in flood I will hopefully get some paint in the next few days but at least it is not going to get rusty!!

Also some good news is that we will now be making a custom exhaust manifold for the motor and it will have tuned length runners. Aza has done the first drawings and hopefully this will be done in a few weeks.

Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:47 AM

Looks great!
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

bangin !!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 05:24 PM
Aza

Well we decided the engine bay wasn't as smooth as we would like.... So thanks to hitler Aza we welded and shaved more holes up..... with this done the engine bay will need to be re sanded and sprayed. This will happen hopefully tomorrow. Today we end with a nice welded up bay with a bit of bog to be sanded tomorrow. Also the bottom end of the engine is in one piece and ready to drop in the smooth sexy engine bay!

So we did some more prep work today and put undercoat down on all the spots we welded up. Was a pretty successful day in the end. Should have paint on it by the end of the week. Clutch and harmonic balancer should be here this week. The next main effort is the fabrication of our own exhaust manifold. This will happen next weekend if everything goes to plan.

Here is a better picture of the sump.

Aza getting nice and dirty!!

How the bay looks atm.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

lookn good, how many hours have you got in smoothing the engine bay? Ive been contemplating doing mine as the engine is out but i hate painting lol
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:59 PM

I know it has been a while since an update but finally I have progress. Well I finally after a few weeks of madness made more progress today. The other Dryden Motorsports guys and I headed out to once and for all finish the painting today and we also got a start on putting the motor back together. So far so good. There have been a few differences in parts as the motor is an evo 8, the head is an evo 6 etc etc, but mostly it has gone smoothly.

I am definitely supporting the American economy here too guys!! Heaps of parts from SBR and MaPerformance in this build.

So here are some pictures of the progress today.

All the parts that have been piling up over the past few weeks.

The finished engine bay, all nice and smooth.

The motor with power steer pump, alternator and pulleys on. Note air con delete belt.

The Fluidampr harmonic balancer. Looks great!!

Next step is really to drop the motor in and get the car to a rolling state again. Hoping to achieve this within 2-3 weeks.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 09:30 AM

great build any updates??

Quick Reply: Corza's 2.3L Evo 8 motor into Evo 6 build thread