Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Wheatley's 6262 build

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wheatley
You're right, **** does happen and usually that's how I view things and just move on. This is two mistakes on 1 rod, I should have just built an AL rod engine !!!
I told myself a little while ago. "Im gonna stop hoping for nothing to go wrong, and not hope at all. Just let whatever happens happen and adjust to that". I think that will work out much better then hoping for this and that bcause something always Fs up man. Thats my philosophy now
Old May 2, 2011, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appreciate the uplifting words!! You know how it goes though, sometimes things just happen all at once dragging you down. Rods shipped back out today and my daily caught on fire taking our new no longer foster dog to the vet. The white pit that was pictured a few pages back is now a permanent member of the household. As for the car, I only drive it a few times every few weeks. Apparently something built a nest in the engine bay on the accessory belt side. Enough twigs and junk was wedged in between the belts that it was enough to finish off the crank pulley of the 17 year old 223k mile accord my wife bought back in high school. The heat from the belt rubbing ignited the nest, luckily it was right out front of my garage where I always have a fire extinguisher and right near our garden hose. A new pulley, belts and inspection of the timing belt and it should be back on the road.
Old May 2, 2011, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

man that sucks but i cant wait to see that beast evo of your on the road keep your head up boss
Old May 3, 2011, 02:41 AM
Evolved Member

Sucks to hear all that BS that happened. Your right about things happening out of nowhere. It really is demoralizing and can definitely take a toll from your motivation. I had a few experiences like that and it really sucks man.

Stick in there man...
Old May 7, 2011, 01:27 AM

Your doing a great job.The car is looking awesome.
Old May 16, 2011, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Finally an update with some progress.

Last Saturday a buddy of mine came up and lent a hand and some tools to get the pistons and rods back in the block after months of delays and countless issues with the rods. That next Monday I cracked the rear main seal housing and set myself back another week. I wasnt motivated at all this weekend but made myself go out to the garage around on 10pm Sunday.

Mother day weekend.

Last night

The valve cover has been stripped but not recoated yet. I had to pick it back up to get everything test fit this weekend. I'm trying to get the car out for the cage and turbo kit next weekend.

New 8 leg QM, it was assembled backwards from QM but all should be good now.

Just in case.

All wiring is connected except alternator and starter.

Mil spec placement. Its a little bit tighter than I wanted but its not that bad.

Old May 16, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Looking good man!! When you plan on firing her up!?
Old May 16, 2011, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks! I'm hoping next Saturday to have it down starting on the cage and turbo kit. As soon as that's done I'm driving it home. Hopefully within 2-4 weeks depending how long everything takes.
Old May 16, 2011, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

^ Nice man! Hope everything goes well for ya.
Old May 16, 2011, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Me too! Hows yours doing?
Old May 16, 2011, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Its coming back together this week! I plan on picking it up friday, break in this weekend. We were having some problems with the head, but it all worked out. Im pretty stoked, ill have pics and videos up later in the week in my thread for everyone
Old May 16, 2011, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Nice man, looking good. Wheres all the wires?lol

I say keep the Valve cover like that hahahaha
Old May 16, 2011, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the updated pics man!

Looks wierd not having all those wires cluttering up the engine bay in a good way of course.

At least your Mother's Day was productive i ended up with food poisoning and couldn't even BBQ for the moms we had over

Got any special plans for the cage you'd like to share?
Old May 16, 2011, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey im installing the new QM clutch too. How you know it was assembled backwards?
Old May 16, 2011, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pirana
Hey im installing the new QM clutch too. How you know it was assembled backwards?
When it was assembled the way it shipped the disc wouldn't make contact with the floater. The hub was hitting the flywheel bolts. When they shipped it there weren't any bolts so it went together smoothly. Thats the best I could make of it anyways.

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Thanks for the updated pics man!

Looks wierd not having all those wires cluttering up the engine bay in a good way of course.

At least your Mother's Day was productive i ended up with food poisoning and couldn't even BBQ for the moms we had over

Got any special plans for the cage you'd like to share?
Thanks! Im just hoping I can keep the charging harness from being too noticeable.

That's a bummer, food poisoning is rough. Ive had it a few times and its miserable, at least it usually passes quickly.

Ill have progress pics of the cage as we work on it. I bought some pretty cool quick release door bar latches and a spare dash to cut up.

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Nice man, looking good. Wheres all the wires?lol

I say keep the Valve cover like that hahahaha
There in a bag behind the car in a tote lol. I had a buddy that said he liked the vc like that. I like the look of a light colored vc in the dark bay but I already have another color picked out. My body guy just didn't have time to get to it before Eibach.

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Its coming back together this week! I plan on picking it up friday, break in this weekend. We were having some problems with the head, but it all worked out. Im pretty stoked, ill have pics and videos up later in the week in my thread for everyone
Ill be looking forward to them.

Quick Reply: Wheatley's 6262 build