Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Wheatley's 6262 build

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh , I figured that man. Im sure it will look great once its all set and done sitting there in the bay.
Old May 19, 2011, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TopSpeed
Don't regret it.. If you're someone who works inside the engine a lot, you'll regret getting WHITE! I have a pearl white valve cover and its never white . Always has oil smudges or some kind of dirt and a PITA to keep clean.

-Josh

That was the primary reason I didn't go with white. I also wanted some sort of flow with the colors in the bay. There isn't ANY white throughout the entire car not that there is any grey but its in the dark color group. Ive never really been into having charge pipes different than black or bare alum but I might have them color matched to the vc depending how the bare alum turns out.

Thanks LG Class act for sure, are you coming up for the shootout in Ohio?
Old May 19, 2011, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
I was (and still am) contemplating a wire tuck. I've done so much to the car that I kinda want to leave some stuff for another time (cheaper that way too).
Other than buying the tool to do the milspec style pins it wasn't terrible expensive, just time consuming.
Old May 19, 2011, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Old May 19, 2011, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

That turned out pretty nice man. Nice contrast. Throw in the pipes and those will go with the head ad tranny. Also see the motor mounts match the battery... Good stuff man.

As for the shootout. I might go, but i wanted to drop my built motor in first to be able and compete in the "stock appearing class". I am currently deployed and when i get back it will be early August, so i might end up going with my 140k stock block + Black
Old May 19, 2011, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

I Didn't know you were in the service. Thanks for serving our country! I'm still not sure if ill be racing. Since I wont be anywhere close to be competitive in EE I might just go to party and get event coverage.
Old May 19, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wheatley
I Didn't know you were in the service. Thanks for serving our country! I'm still not sure if ill be racing. Since I wont be anywhere close to be competitive in EE I might just go to party and get event coverage.
Same here. I might just go up there with some buddies to check it out. I wont be anywhere near competitive in SA, especially since there are so many FP BLACKS out there now. It would be really nice to just go though, then 2012 will be the year i can compete

EE is gonna be nasty this year. Bad Bish, Ricer, Junkbox, streetthisevo, and many others that are out there. When you gonna decide if your gonna compete?

Thanks man
Old May 19, 2011, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Half of those will be in Quick 16. but EE will still be mid to low 9 cars. I will take the car either way if its running and will decide to run probably last min.
Old May 19, 2011, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
badass shop. It has sooo much potential! I wantz!
Old May 20, 2011, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

Half of those will be in Quick 16. but EE will still be mid to low 9 cars. I will take the car either way if its running and will decide to run probably last min.
Oh my bad, mistaken the EE for the fastest group haha

Ill try to go for sure. That would be a fun road trip up there. E85 in the tank for the drive all the way up there?
Old May 20, 2011, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just race anyway for fun i dont kno if either of you have ever been to the track there but its super nice and they are pretty relaxed as far as having the proper safety equipment ive been waiting all year for this
Old May 20, 2011, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
badass shop. It has sooo much potential! I wantz!
Are you talking about my garage? If so yes I love it, I wish I could have made it bigger but zoning limited me to 900sq ft. Its getting there, just very slowly.

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Oh my bad, mistaken the EE for the fastest group haha

Ill try to go for sure. That would be a fun road trip up there. E85 in the tank for the drive all the way up there?
Yea EE is evo eliminator which is the top class but q16 is for the fastest and has a higher payout but you have to pay more as well.

As for e85 nashville TN has some but KY is few and far between it seems. I would be nervous driving that far on e85 with how small our tanks are and generally how poor our fuel economy is. I guess you could just pack a few 5 gallon jugs.

Originally Posted by mrboost05
just race anyway for fun i dont kno if either of you have ever been to the track there but its super nice and they are pretty relaxed as far as having the proper safety equipment ive been waiting all year for this

Ive been there several times and its a nice facility. My car will have all safety equipment to run 9s. I dont know if I will get there but my mph already is. I have just as much fun racing as I do drinking and covering the event. This is my coverage from last year since my car was down.
http://madcou.com/pages/dsmevo_shootout_2010.htm
Old May 20, 2011, 06:12 PM

Awesome build and garage man.
Old May 20, 2011, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks!
Old May 21, 2011, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
wheatley, how did you run your lines under the car? do you have some pictures?

Quick Reply: Wheatley's 6262 build