Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Wheatley's 6262 build

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't write WRONG CARRIER BEARING in permanent marker on the shaft and it was probably just reused by the people who make their drive shafts. This looks to be a different drive shaft or at least it was repainted. On the phone I was told it was to short, I corrected him and said no it wasn't too short it had the wrong carrier bearing. I guess that information didn't get passed along.

**** happens.
Old May 31, 2011, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they should be paying for shipping this time ! tell them you got **** to do the waiting game sucks
Old May 31, 2011, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not waiting another month again. Ill just change the carrier myself if I have to. I should have just done it myself the first time but I was just to worried to mess the shaft up and not have it covered by them.

Last edited by Wheatley; Jun 1, 2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old May 31, 2011, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

I just wanted to state I'm in no way bad mouthing AWD, just wanted to show whats going on with my situation in case it happens to anyone else. I sent the exact same info to AWD via a PM.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

The car is down at Fathouse's. Turbo position is mocked up and ready to start making the manifold.

I'm also debating moving the battery to the back, its more wiring work and more money but the battery in the front is starting to bug me. We'll see after the charge pipes are in and everything is running and then Ill decide.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

uh oh... looking nasty.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys, I was happy with the placement. It seems to allow plenty of room for a very free flowing full three inch dp, room to remove all of the manifold nuts and be awesome to look at!!! It should also allow me to run a filter which wasn't a concern but for wet weather driving will be nice to know that the turbo is chopping water drops lol

I miss this thing!!

Last edited by Wheatley; Jun 17, 2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Black on Black looks so sick! Get this thing running and get some vids up bro!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks amazing!!! keep it up.

What part of Indiana are you from? My bro has a house in Valpo
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Valpo is half the state away from me. Thanks LG!
Old Jun 18, 2011, 02:12 AM

That's some nice Fab. work. Cars looking great, Can't wait to see some more pictures.......
Old Jun 18, 2011, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

damn man. Sucks you had to have the issues with your driveshaft, because it really is an excellent product. I've had mine for over 2 years now, and haven't had an issue out of it. You really can tell the difference between having one and not. Anyways, your car is freaking sick man. The engine bay is just so damn pretty. It almost makes me wish I could just lay down in there I forgot to ask what are your power goals, and what is your purpose for the car? Drag? Street/strip?

EDIT: Oh yeah... Is that an ETS intercooler with a GARRETT core? Definitely sub'ing this thread.

Last edited by lillev23; Jun 18, 2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 09:02 PM

The pictures really don't do this car justice!!!!! He's done an amazing job with every aspect of it.

I was shocked when I was standing there and House said it was completely wired up and ready to go. You could barely see a wire anywhere.

I have to give a +1 to moving the battery. It would be the icing on the cake for the cleanest engine bay ever!!!!!!!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BubbaKush
That's some nice Fab. work. Cars looking great, Can't wait to see some more pictures.......
Thanks!

Originally Posted by lillev23
damn man. Sucks you had to have the issues with your driveshaft, because it really is an excellent product. I've had mine for over 2 years now, and haven't had an issue out of it. You really can tell the difference between having one and not. Anyways, your car is freaking sick man. The engine bay is just so damn pretty. It almost makes me wish I could just lay down in there I forgot to ask what are your power goals, and what is your purpose for the car? Drag? Street/strip?

EDIT: Oh yeah... Is that an ETS intercooler with a GARRETT core? Definitely sub'ing this thread.
Thanks! The car is a street/strip car. The power goals are about the same as last year, with the weight the car was and the mph it was running I think it was around 700 dyno jet. Hopefully this year I can get some more seat time and get the car dialed in, I really want a all purpose legal 9 sec car while still maintaining the appearance of a clean street evo. Of course it wont be done on street tires, I'm done going down that expensive road.

Originally Posted by INEVOIX
The pictures really don't do this car justice!!!!! He's done an amazing job with every aspect of it.

I was shocked when I was standing there and House said it was completely wired up and ready to go. You could barely see a wire anywhere.

I have to give a +1 to moving the battery. It would be the icing on the cake for the cleanest engine bay ever!!!!!!!
Thanks Todd, there are a few reasons I didnt go that route. (yet)

1 I wasn't sure how I wanted to mount it, I know for sure I wasn't drilling a hole in the body of the car and I wasn't about to drill a hole in my brand new jdm rear.

2. Cost, after looking to do it how I want its another $300. Thats in no way a large amount especially compared to everything else but it just wasn't in the budget at this time. I wanted to make sure I had enough to get the car caged, certified, and cover dyno time and every other little odd and end that always pops up. Its something easy I can do at the end of the year when time allows. I plan on it though trust me

This is a shot I got of the collector being started.

Quick Reply: Wheatley's 6262 build