Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Wheatley's 6262 build

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn man, that is just some ****ty experiences you've had. It is hard to continue throwing money away, since that is pretty much what has happened to you, but after all the time and money you put into it I just see it so hard to quit. I say give it a month or so and get back to bringing this beast alive and strong.

Sorry to hear this happened to you... Hang in there man,
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy **** I would of never guessed the ending to this thread. I am deeply saddened.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Damn man, that is just some ****ty experiences you've had. It is hard to continue throwing money away, since that is pretty much what has happened to you, but after all the time and money you put into it I just see it so hard to quit. I say give it a month or so and get back to bringing this beast alive and strong.

Sorry to hear this happened to you... Hang in there man,
Thanks, It will be way more than a month until I get my debt ratio back to where Im comfortable but I wont give up. Worse case it would at least get a stock engine and turbo back on it and part the rest out. But that wont happen

Originally Posted by SAVAGEcorpsman
Holy **** I would of never guessed the ending to this thread. I am deeply saddened.
This isn't the end of this thread just some good old fashioned bad luck and poor customer service. **** happens, when the time is right I'll throw away more money and try again for some 9 second passes.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

WOW! sorry to hear that man.

very impressive build!!!!

because of this thread alone, i will NEVER use Oliver products in any of my cars or motor builds.

sucks that they wont man up and take credit for it either. freaking bullsh!t!!!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

You said it right there man... SH** HAPPENS.

Hey look at the bright side... You already completed a really clean wire tuck
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

HOLY SH*T i can't believe i just this

Sorry about all this Matt what terrible thing to happen right now......i'd be a little ticked off if i was in your position you're taking it pretty well for what sounds like a pretty f-ed up situation.

If you need anything let me know and i will try and help out however possible!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks. I hope this doesn't happen to me (no Oliver Rods here although I've heard nothing but good about them until this thread.

You are a trooper. I'd set my car on fire and push it off a cliff. LOL.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 03:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Thanks, at this point I doubt I touch it for several months. I've done nothing but wrench on it for months and for it to last just long enough for me to get excited about racing again is a downer. Last year I had nothing but head issues, taking it off and on and sending it back to the shop that did it and now this. With the amount of damage I doubt I have it back together for a few years. At this point I want to get all my debts paid off and start looking into buying another house. I've never been concerned about blowing an engine as long as it didnt window the block or take out my fresh head. I'm pretty sure this did both
Man, I can't even imagine how you feel right now...So much work into this car over the past year!! Like someone else said at least you completed a sick wire tuck! haha...With all the weight reduction you have done I would be interested in seeing how she runs with a stock block/turbo...Well, keep us updated man, good luck!!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear Wheatley. Keep your head up. Plan to go for rides in a few fast cars and make it a ritual to head out to the track and watch some cars at the strip. It'll keep you going in the mean time.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Damn. Sorry for your bad luck bro. Hope you get it done and Get re- motivated. It's a biotch for something like that to occur. And that customer service is unsat!!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

I know how you feel bro. Once everything gets running right and then **** decides to break is such a depressor. Ive been through countless clutches, trannies, an engine, snapped timing belt, axles, turbo...and nothing makes you feel worse then when something breaks. I damn near gave up after my black just went out but I guess you just got to keep on trucking. I hope you find the motivation and keep doing it. Obviously you have a passion for it, just don't give up on it and regret it in the end... Best of luck to you and hopefully its up and running better in no time
Old Aug 20, 2011, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I kno how you feel i rushed to get my car done did a full build finished last sat and the car wouldent start i then worked doubles all week till thursday no time to work on it so i just stayed at home instead of going to ohio and i am trying to get the motivation to work on it on another note what weight reduction did you do ?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Its been almost two months since Ive looked at this thread. The weekend before last was an eventful weekend for the evo. After dealing with a vendor on here to get a 2.0 block with no luck(Its hard to imagine to me that someone is willing to lose a thousand dollars over not sending a pic) I decided to take a buddies offer from Alabama to get a 2.4 core off of him. Ive already contacted Magnus about building a long rod 2.4 with billet crank and I'm just waiting on my passport to get here to take it up to them.

Sorry for the cell pics but it was spur of the moment to pull it, I had been running cable out to my garage and extending my wireless network and just decided to pull it out.

Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

I don't see what's wrong with that rod??

Good luck on the rebuild. Magnus ftw!!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

LOL! I thought about sending it to Oliver for inspection but I figured a joke that took three months to get a reply wouldn't end up being that funny.

Quick Reply: Wheatley's 6262 build