Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Wheatley's 6262 build

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Ha! I missed the part where you said it was a cummins. I know a thing or two about diesel engines.

While I have this thread open again, I NEED 16 new oem rocker arms if anyone has any! CASH IN HAND
Old May 15, 2012, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moar updates??
Old May 16, 2012, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Matt ****ing Wheatley!!!
Old May 17, 2012, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wheatley

While I have this thread open again, I NEED 16 new oem rocker arms if anyone has any! CASH IN HAND
Do they have to be BRAND new, or just in great condition? Pm me. I've got some.
Old May 17, 2012, 09:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DSMu4ia
Matt ****ing Wheatley!!!
O hey Tony!
Old May 18, 2012, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DSMu4ia
Matt ****ing Wheatley!!!
Is this ****ing Tony Turk!!??

Originally Posted by lillev23
Do they have to be BRAND new, or just in great condition? Pm me. I've got some.
Thanks, I actually found some Wed at a dealership in Minnesota of all places.

Rumor has it that the rocker arm is on the hit list for discontinued parts from Mitsubishi..

Originally Posted by Fathouse
O hey Tony!
EHOO
Old May 18, 2012, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Wheel update

Picked up new wheels for the Hoosiers
Before

After

With the Wilwoods I can run without spacers on the front which is what I was hoping for. I went ahead and had the studs pushed out of the spacers incase I ever wanted to go back to the Brembos.

Pretty much every day parts are trickling in, Ill post some stuff up once its on the car. If there aren't any issues with the head it should be firing up the first week of June.
Old May 18, 2012, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Good stuff Matt!

Nice to see the updates and to hear the motor is soon to be fired!

What are the specs on the wheels? They look like Rotas right?
Old May 18, 2012, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Good stuff Matt!

Nice to see the updates and to hear the motor is soon to be fired!

What are the specs on the wheels? They look like Rotas right?
Thanks!

Yes they are Rota Slipstreams and are 16x7 +40. In the 16x7 5x114.3 I think they are only offered in a +40 and a +45.

I called a few venders and at the moment Rota USA has 0 16" 5x114 slips in the country with no est date of delivery. I was lucky and bought my old set that used to be on my talon. Almost 6 years and half a dozen different cars they are in "ok" condition but the fitment of the rx7 wheels were less than desirable IMO.
Old May 25, 2012, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

I was supposed to go up to Canada this weekend to pick up the short block but Marco received the wrong mains to finish assembly so I figured I would take the time to complete a few projects I've wanted to do for a while. I've ran the car for two years without a fuel filter and have been wanting to remove the vent line that used to run back to the charcoal canister. What I decided to do instead was to use the vent as a return line and make a new 3/8 line as a fuel feed. I didn't want to cut up the factory fuel lines so this was the best alternative in my opinion.

In the picture above you can also see where I teed into the factory brake lines to run my staging brake. I talked to Dan on evolutionm about how he ran his and set out to make my own. I bought a cnc staging brake from STM a few weeks before they released their braided line kit, either way this was much more affordable.

I wanted to drop the weight of the cable/drum ebrake and add the holding power of the hydraulic brake without cutting up my interior or having it look anything other than oem.

Lines made and ran under the carpet

It fits under the console bracket after some modification, I'm assuming the STM kit does as well.

I was on the fence about relocating the battery last year due to the cost and additional weight but after two dozen people asked if I was going to do something about the ugly orange battery I decided to go forward with it. I could have done it a lot cheaper but anything I do to the car has to be NHRA legal so I don't end up doing it twice. It ended up being a few more pounds than I was hoping for but the engine bay cleanup and even more access to things in the bay should make up for it.

Hopefully tonight I will get the 4.11 final drive installed and finish relocating my catch can.
Old May 25, 2012, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

This is epic, aside from the set back at magnus...

Aany other information on the hydraulic e-brake and set-up, been wanting to do the same with my evo
Old May 25, 2012, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by foxbear2277
This is epic, aside from the set back at magnus...

Aany other information on the hydraulic e-brake and set-up, been wanting to do the same with my evo
thanks

As for the staging brake just a cnc brake, 2 6ft sticks of premade 3/16 brake line, hardware, some cutting and some brake line bending. I did it all with a vice, angle grinder, drill and a flare set
Old May 25, 2012, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wheatley
thanks

As for the staging brake just a cnc brake, 2 6ft sticks of premade 3/16 brake line, hardware, some cutting and some brake line bending. I did it all with a vice, angle grinder, drill and a flare set
Thank you kindly Definently will be trying a full go on this, why have rotational mass/drag when not needed

I look forward to more updates of your beast
Old May 26, 2012, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Love this build thread!
Old May 30, 2012, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Last year when I built the harness I was going to replace the original injector clips that came with my fic injectors due to a manufacturers error, however the ones I ordered to replace them weren't the correct connectors. Last year at the DSM shootout fic had a booth and gave me a set right then and there based on the back story. Last night I finally got around to switching everything over. I also decided instead of just hacking the harness to use dtm connectors instead.

I also finished up the transmission with a buddies gracious help this last weekend after he was out in the heat all day at the 500. WW2 era Arbor presses are the ****!

yup looks like a transmission lol

Quick Reply: Wheatley's 6262 build