Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Wheatley's 6262 build

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome build, car is looking great
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by antilag_200
Congrats on the little one

Hope mom and baby are doing well
They are doing great now, my wife had some complications after a 23hr long delivery but she pulled through like a champ.

Originally Posted by JTEVO2932
Can't wait to see how the cage comes out!!
Me either, I'm sure there will be a bunch of less than stellar cell phone pics on here.

Originally Posted by ninj4sevo8
yeah I just spent the last 2 hrs at work reading this, good build, great read, and it looks amazing! How are you enjoying your built motor? I'm thinking of rebuilding mine later this year, but I don't even know where to start lol, if you could do it all over again...would you still do the same thing? or would you go with something a little less agressive?
Thanks, glad I could help you pass the time lol. I absolutely love my setup. Its nothing out of the ordinary but a lot of attention to detail, most not mentioned in the thread. It came out and achieved my goal with ease and other than the quartermaster its a great street car. It idles, accelerates and cruises great and until now it was a stock interior car with all the basic creature comforts. In all honesty I think this is less aggressive than a 2.0 on a stock FD trying to make a 62mm turbo work. I only rev it to 8200 and boost stays under 38 psi.

I plan to change the fuel setup to one pump and eventually put a 6466 on it for a little more power, hopefully itll go low 9s and still be the same street friendly car it is now. But for now I just want to work on my driving and see if I can get a 9.5-9.6 out of it. Evos have great power potential and its amazing how easy it is to make them fast.

If you like money in your pocket though, don't build a 700+hp car especially an import. I'm a speed junky and love wrenching so its the perfect hobby for me. I also no longer DD the car, I don't trust most the idiots on the road and the road salt in the winter here eats through cars like crazy.

Originally Posted by Lancerboy89
Awesome build, car is looking great
Thanks!

I forgot to mention I also bought some Kirkey pros so my harnesses would fit properly and to drop a few pounds to try and make up for the cage. So far I've dropped 70lbs from the car and Ill post pics of that stuff later. I have another easy 100lbs to drop without losing wiper,heat,pw,ps,pl, radio or hacking the car up.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Thanks, glad I could help you pass the time lol. I absolutely love my setup. Its nothing out of the ordinary but a lot of attention to detail, most not mentioned in the thread. It came out and achieved my goal with ease and other than the quartermaster its a great street car. It idles, accelerates and cruises great and until now it was a stock interior car with all the basic creature comforts. In all honesty I think this is less aggressive than a 2.0 on a stock FD trying to make a 62mm turbo work. I only rev it to 8200 and boost stays under 38 psi.

I plan to change the fuel setup to one pump and eventually put a 6466 on it for a little more power, hopefully itll go low 9s and still be the same street friendly car it is now. But for now I just want to work on my driving and see if I can get a 9.5-9.6 out of it. Evos have great power potential and its amazing how easy it is to make them fast.

If you like money in your pocket though, don't build a 700+hp car especially an import. I'm a speed junky and love wrenching so its the perfect hobby for me. I also no longer DD the car, I don't trust most the idiots on the road and the road salt in the winter here eats through cars like crazy.

Appreciate the response man, I'll be sure to give you a PM later this year to pick your brain a little bit

The end goal for my car (which is my DD) is just to hit 500-600 hp, I don't want to just slap a big *** turbo on there and go e85, I'd like to have the motor keep up and not have so much turbo lag these bigger turbos produce. You mind giving me some examples of how I can achieve that number but still maintain it as my DD? I'll do the research just a quick one, two . I ran on e85 for a while, but I recently moved to an area where its not available
Anyways well done with the build and I'll be sure to keep reading!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Lot of options out there it just depends on your budget and preferences. You could even stay stock frame if you wanted to with an fp black but it all depends on your fuel options as well.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:48 AM

Awesome job
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Is there going to be a chute hanging off of it too? Also after fathouse works his fab magic on the cage are you going to paint it?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cant wait to see cage!!
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
Is there going to be a chute hanging off of it too? Also after fathouse works his fab magic on the cage are you going to paint it?
No chute yet, its close but I don't think a 6262 semi full weight car is going to go fast enough often enough to have anyone make a big deal about it not being there. Next year after a 6466 and some e98 maybe it'll go fast enough to have one hanging there.

Yes ill be painting it black. probably por 15 and bsci padding in black.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

I know I commented on another thread of yours, but clean evo like I said many times before man.

Wanted to ask, how you mounting the kirkey seat harness? I don't want to put additional items/weight in the car if avoidable. I plan to order some Morley's(or kirkley ) seats this weekend.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks my man!

The harness are mounted to the cage and to the floor. The seats will have a custom seat braket made similar to streetthisevo. If you dont have a cage you could run a harvess bar like streetthisevo.If you go kirkeys go with the pro not the economy.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks my man!

The harness are mounted to the cage and to the floor. The seats will have a custom seat braket made similar to streetthisevo. If you dont have a cage you could run a harvess bar like streetthisevo.If you go kirkeys go with the pro not the economy.
Ill take a look at streetthisevo's... ill ask him as well. Why do you say the pro version? I plan to get the lightest seat possible, also gonna paint it black so it doesn't stand out as much.

Thanks man and keep it up.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Ill take a look at streetthisevo's... ill ask him as well. Why do you say the pro version? I plan to get the lightest seat possible, also gonna paint it black so it doesn't stand out as much.

Thanks man and keep it up.
The economy are really uncomfortable.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

The economy are really uncomfortable.
Oh ight, Im gonna get the padding as well even though its thin... it will still shave a bunch of weight.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Another thing Wheatley, How tall are you and what size did you get?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

6' 240lbs 18" seats. I carry so I like a little room for that too. I fit comfortably in the 17.5 economy seats but the pros aren't made in half inch increments.

Quick Reply: Wheatley's 6262 build