Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Wheatley's 6262 build

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I understand what you mean. It could happen at anytime, but that's why a nice bright warning light works or the shut off through the ecu works.

The only reason I would go dual 400s is if it more of a street car. I wouldn't want to stress/overwork the expensive single pump because its running all the time.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 4303 has been proven great for street use by a lot of domestic and import guys.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Ill have to look into that...

What is the whp that thing can support?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I can assure you that you are not going to look at a light or gauge at 150 plus.. I know I don;t, the only thing I am doing is making sure the vehicle is going straight.

Matt, in my other vehicle I run Twin A1000s from aeromotive, feeding a -10 an supply line and -8 return line. They work quite well for my close to 150 mph car on gas feeding 1200cc injectors. The magna pumps will be just fine For what you are trying to do for sure... but for all the weight junkies, a mechanical pump is pure win
Old Mar 19, 2013, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

I actually looked into mechanical. I think a safe bet would be $2k by the time you buy the Magnus part, pump, bypass, big regulator, and new lines. I think anyone making over 1k hp would benefit from the mechanical but I just don't think it's worth it on a 800hp build.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Make your buddy sell me his colt.....that is all....thanks...
Old Mar 21, 2013, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Lol, it's just a shell at the moment. He's re doing the entire car harness, cams, turbo and switching to ethanol. It made 360 on the same dyno as the one I was on and went 11.9@120 with a very soft pass as the clutch was dieing at the shootout last year. I think he's going to be up 100-150hp this year keeping it conservative on the stock block. It should rip for sure. I think he'll be low 10s at mid 130s this year. He bought fathouses slicks off his evo, it should be a blast this year.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

He needs to make more videos of the colt
Old Mar 21, 2013, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Wheatley
I actually looked into mechanical. I think a safe bet would be $2k by the time you buy the Magnus part, pump, bypass, big regulator, and new lines. I think anyone making over 1k hp would benefit from the mechanical but I just don't think it's worth it on a 800hp build.
Definitely isn't cheap, but nothing is at this level. Right now I am building the fuel lines and system in my evo , Already I am at 400 bucks just in AN fittings and lines excluding the regulator and double pumper.

Aarons colt is awesome, is he putting his on a diet as well Matt ? My colt weighed in at just 2450 with gas, hoping to shave another 200 out of it, My regards to aaron

BJ you can build an awd colt for under 5k ( including price of car)
Old Mar 21, 2013, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by antilag_200
A little over a year ago I was hardcore looking for a Colt, but wasn't able to find a clean one that wasn't 24 hrs+ away, haha. Everytime I came across one someone else picked it up quick. There are a bunch in Cali! haha...
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LGshow19
He needs to make more videos of the colt
I think there will be more this year, he didn't take it out a lot last year.

Originally Posted by antilag_200
Definitely isn't cheap, but nothing is at this level. Right now I am building the fuel lines and system in my evo , Already I am at 400 bucks just in AN fittings and lines excluding the regulator and double pumper.

Aarons colt is awesome, is he putting his on a diet as well Matt ? My colt weighed in at just 2450 with gas, hoping to shave another 200 out of it, My regards to aaron

There really isn't much to put on a diet in his car. It has a mild steel 6 point and a stockish drive shaft so it pretty much is where it is unless he changes either one of those things. It doesn't have rear interior and has kirkeys but the weight of those cars is mostly in the structure. I think his is 2250 but I could be wrong. He is just trying to clean everything up with the old wiring that's in the car and do some other things to get the power up. It should be pretty nasty and have more potential than he will run it at due to being stock block.

Depends how you go about it, things add up quickly if you want to do things properly. You can do it for that but probably shouldn't esp if you want it nhra legal. Aarons car everything has been done so it will be nhra legal other than the "trunk" made to cover the cell but I think he is doing that this year.

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
A little over a year ago I was hardcore looking for a Colt, but wasn't able to find a clean one that wasn't 24 hrs+ away, haha. Everytime I came across one someone else picked it up quick. There are a bunch in Cali! haha...
Aaron had a pretty clean turbo gt he sold to eric jones of ams. I know a clean one was crush in ohio for no reason. They are out there but you just have to look for them.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 03:57 PM

Lot of colt talk in this evo build .

With Wheatley doing a bit of weight reduction it got me on a weight reduction kick, I have a few things I'm working on but nothing much I realized most of my weight reduction at this point is going to be more dollars.

Back on topic I'm loving all the upgrades on da Evo this year. I like weight reduction and safety equipment!
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Someone donate a 6466 to this man.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Once I get my trailer issues sorted out and get a winch on it I'll start saving for a 6466 and supporting mods. I added it all up the other night and with all the house projects I want to get done I doubt I have it done for this year. I spent a little too much on safety equipment this year. Also wore new helmet during some carting today and I'm really happy with it for the lower end impact helmet.

I have a seat updateI'll post once I get to a computer.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Seat bracket out of aluminum, I wanted it as low as possible.

Kirkey Pro mounted.

Quick Reply: Wheatley's 6262 build