Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Wheatley's 6262 build

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, Im over excited how everything is coming together. Ive had some help from some really talanted and hard working friends for sure. I blame every over priced purchase in the name of weight on Dan.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Looking good man.

When do you plan on hitting the strip? I'm personally going to hit one local test and tune to dial things in before heading to Sport Compact Shootout
Old Apr 22, 2013, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

I doubt I have time before sport compact to hit the track. I'm going to hit Mexico a few times to dial the tune in with the new fuel system and hope I'm not too rusty to bang gears and try to keep up with you guys.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Another busy weekend, had some help finishing some odds and ends up which just about wraps it up until parts arrive. Had most of the local car guys in my garage Sunday night which was a nice sign that everyone is out of hibernation and summer is around the corner. I waited to long to order my pump, found out today its on back order until at least the 10th of may which is a huge hit. It was in stock just the other day from both summit and jegs but I was finishing the fuel system up in my head before I pulled the trigger. I'm still waiting on other parts and have things to do but I hope it doesn't become the one thing that keeps it from making it to Ohio in May.

I'm pretty happy with how everything is turning out, it feels way less like a race car than I was thinking it would, which for me is great news. Before it left to be caged I searched the internet of every single picture of a cage in a ct9a platform, I saved every picture of ones with interior. I picked the angles of the parts I liked and sent them to Ben at Fatfab to get an idea of how I wanted it all to lay out. IMO, putting it in as tight as possible is the only way to still retain any safe street ability and they did just that. They also made the seat brackets for the kirkeys which I wanted as low as possible being that I'm 6ft and didn't want my helmet hitting. I had to make some small adjustments once the carpet was in but overall they turned out great and are very sturdy.

I can sit in the back seat being 6ft tall, its not the most comfortable but more so then an F body car any day.

This picture was terrible, trying to show the fitment but the overhead light and light colored roof were reflecting off the freshly cleaned glass. I didn't notice it until I brought it in as I was trying to just snap some quick shots before dinner.

Old Apr 22, 2013, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks so clean man, nice work. You honestly cannot even tell there's a cage in the car unless you look inside. Take a pic from the outside with the windows down, I want to see how it looks.

Question, I cant really see in the pics but where did you bolt down your harness?

Last edited by LGshow19; Apr 22, 2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Looks so clean man, nice work. You honestly cannot even tell there's a cage in the car unless you look inside. Take a pic from the outside with the windows down, I want to see how it looks.

Question, I cant really see in the pics but where did you bolt down your harness?
Thanks, I will once its clean and outside.

The sub belt is bolted to a plate welded to the floor, the outside lap belt is bolted to the oem bolt hole by the B pillar and the inner part of the lap belt is bolted to the big seat mount bolt under the console. The shoulder straps are wrap around of course.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Not gonna lie, that is one of the cleanest cage installs I have ever seen. Wow.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that looks amazing wheatley.

For the aluminum seat bases did you use 1/4 inch aluminum ? or was it mostly channel
Old Apr 23, 2013, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Wheatley
Thanks, Im over excited how everything is coming together. Ive had some help from some really talanted and hard working friends for sure. I blame every over priced purchase in the name of weight on Dan.
haha, I agree!!

Maybe I missed it, but how quick is the cage certified for?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Not gonna lie, that is one of the cleanest cage installs I have ever seen. Wow.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by antilag_200
that looks amazing wheatley.

For the aluminum seat bases did you use 1/4 inch aluminum ? or was it mostly channel
Thanks. Mix of flat and rectangle stock

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
haha, I agree!!

Maybe I missed it, but how quick is the cage certified for?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Interior and cage looks awesome man! Very clean
Old Apr 23, 2013, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
nice cage work!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very clean looking, even with the cage. Never liked cages in cars but that one looks nice.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
wow she came out supper supper clean. very nice
Old Apr 23, 2013, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

WOW the cage turned out GREAT!

Kudos to Jeremy and his crew on the fab work everything is nice and tucked up to the headliner and very functional......when i see that i kick myself for not going through the dash with mine

I'm diggin those Kirkey's that you and Chris have i may pick some up would you mind shooting me some pics of the seat brackets if you have more detailed pics of them?

Sucks to hear about the FP being on backorder......

Quick Reply: Wheatley's 6262 build