Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Wheatley's 6262 build

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by honey on boost
They've done hondas and nissans as well but like you said it's a breeze compared to the evo.

Thank you it's getting there. I refuse to put anything on 'credit' so I've been taking it slow lately. Head studs should be here by the time we get back from NY next week. Gonna install the valvetrain/cams/fuel system and tune it on e85 in the meantime. Then time to save up to build the motor.

Keep up the great work

Sounds good, e85 was probably one of the cheapest mods that added a LOT of fun factor. It was a completely different car on e85.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump for wire tuck info!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Spent sometime on the wiring this weekend. I replaced my stewart warner gauges with all AEM gauges and removed the wideband from the steering column down to the dash. Also removed 15 or so feet from the gauge wiring that aem sends with them and got a chance to use my new DTM Deutsch connectors.

Getting ready to build the Milspec connector, all raychem is on but not shrank.

Close up of the pins for those that have never seen them.

Most of the wire removed from the engine harness. 8lbs or so.

Still not finished but done for the night. I still have a ton of cleanup to do but my back couldn't take it any longer.

Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

i love builds haha good luck and cant wait to see the final product
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:52 PM

congrats nice build!!!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

very nice work. Its nice to see quality builds on here and this is definitely one. I have a friend with supra who also did a milspec connection. It is a headache and so much work but very clean and worth it in the end. Good luck!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks bud. I'm not all that happy with the harness but for my first one I don't think its too terrible.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

great job...im really impress with your work... ...keep it up...
Old Mar 28, 2011, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Spent some more time tonight out in the garage.

Mounting plate I made from the oem ring and some sheet metal from a civic wagon roof. Painted it flat black for the time being just to prevent any surface rust from forming. It bolts to the firewall like oem and the milspec jam nuts to it as well.

Pic of the engine harness in my dusty bay, I cant wait to get the engine in this thing.

Mess inside, the wires hanging from the ecu still have to be tied into the gauge cluster harness I made and the long wires hanging over the bar are the original wiper wires. It has since been shortened 3 feet and ran through the firewall and to the wiper motor.

Pic of the coil harness rerouted. I had to drill the mounting plate to change the orientation of the coils. Ill just have the aluminum plate welded up and send it out for powder coat when I have the vc and other stuff done.

Once its in the car Ill have all of this mounted up under the water neck. I also changed my mind last minute on the starter solenoid wire. Ill have to shorten and loom it once the engine is back together and in the car. The raychem wasn't shrank here yet and shouldn't be a big deal.

Once its mounted for the last time Ill have it mounted to the bottom of the intake manifold for support as well.

My buddies awd 4g63 colt we are working on.

Last edited by Wheatley; Mar 30, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
awesome update i think the harness turned out great what dont you like about it ?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:18 AM
Evolved Member

Subscribed! Sick build man... I didnt really pay attention to it before, but after seeing that wire tucking and your whole dash apart i have to.

Good work man, keep it up.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrboost05
awesome update i think the harness turned out great what dont you like about it ?
Thanks, I don't know really I think I just expected a little better out of myself. I know if I ever do another one what I want to changed about it.

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Subscribed! Sick build man... I didnt really pay attention to it before, but after seeing that wire tucking and your whole dash apart i have to.

Good work man, keep it up.

Thanks, the dash area looks super messy, but they kinda do stock as well. Everything fits nicely under the dash and isn't noticeable once the glove box is reinstalled.

I'm not going to finish installing anything until after the cage is installed. How I have it right now I only have to remove 4 bolts and the milspec jam nut and the entire bar and harness come out as one piece.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Thanks, the dash area looks super messy, but they kinda do stock as well. Everything fits nicely under the dash and isn't noticeable once the glove box is reinstalled.

I'm not going to finish installing anything until after the cage is installed. How I have it right now I only have to remove 4 bolts and the milspec jam nut and the entire bar and harness come out as one piece.
That Wire tucking setup you did really cleaned up the engine bay. Seems like everything will be more accessible. Clean man.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

It will be a lot easier to work with now. I hated having all the bunched up wires under the intake manifold. In doing this harness I also removed all of the basic emission wiring that wasnt being used any longer.

I wanted to give props to my buddy for his feature in the May issue of Honda Tuning. If anyone reads it check the blue wagon out!

Quick Reply: Wheatley's 6262 build