Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Wheatley's 6262 build

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great!

I am in the process of tearing everything out aswell, looks great1
Old Mar 31, 2011, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Damn bro. I love what you are doing with the wiring harness and the car in general. You got me really thinking about cleaning up my wiring harness as well when I start on my build. Do you have a link to where you got all of your materials for the harness?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, its very time consuming and somewhat tedious. I couldn't tell you how many hours I have in the harness since I have been doing it over time and in between other projects. I would guess over 50 hours in the harness alone. We have some good stuff local sources since a lot of big race teams and other stuff are out of Indy. Its a TON of bs work and is time consuming but if your serious just pm me sometime.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lillev23
Damn bro. I love what you are doing with the wiring harness and the car in general. You got me really thinking about cleaning up my wiring harness as well when I start on my build. Do you have a link to where you got all of your materials for the harness?
http://www.ismotorsport.com/home.html

THE best, one-stop shop for everything you could possibly need for this stuff. Talk to Deb!

http://www.apexspeedtech.com/phpbb/v...p?f=4&t=438viv

This is the route we are going with our wire harnesses/tuck on my project. Each sensor, injector, etc. getting its own Deutsch AS connector and each sensor and connection being potted (sealed).

Wheatley was very helpful pointing me in the right direction for this stuff. It seems complex at first to figure out the connectors, but once you get it, it is very easy to grasp.

Last edited by RunThat; Apr 1, 2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

What a great build! I was also considering cleaning up the engine bay. Can't wait to see the final result!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks, I wish it were moving faster but things are out of my control at the moment. Finally got some info from Oliver so I'm hoping the rods will be back in my hands within the next two weeks.

I noticed you're from KY will you be at IA in TN this summer? Ive had my car down there a few years but the evo showing is very small, Id like to see that go up lol.

I got everything buttoned up this weekend and got a chance to test it all. It all works great like it did before but now with a lot less clutter in the engine bay and in the center console. Once the engine is back in it I will have a chance to test it as well.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome Build and progress man!!! I cant believe i missed this thread lol. Loving the updates! looks like its going to be a awesome season this year
Old Apr 4, 2011, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

THanks! As long as I get some passes it'll be awesome lol. I only got to the track one day last year and a total of 8 or so passes out of the entire season on a new setup. Ill be watching for your updates btw. Your goal is NO joke!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Np dude! and im sure u will make it to the track more then once this year! One weekend we should meet at No limit dragstrip the old US41. Is that far from you? I never been there, been wanting to try it out.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Yea I took off work every Friday event at my local drag strip lol.

Ive raced at us41 before. Its 150 miles from me. If I went I wouldn't be racing without a truck and trailer, as of right now I have neither.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Yea I took off work every Friday event at my local drag strip lol.

Ive raced at us41 before. Its 150 miles from me. If I went I wouldn't be racing without a truck and trailer, as of right now I have neither.

lol damn so u do plan on going to the track alot hahaha Yea I never been to US41. Heard its pretty good. I didnt know u were that far from there. Thats kinda of a hike. Yea im glad I have the truck to tow. Last year i was using SM shop trailer pretty much the whole season last. I was thankful because the beginning of the season in 2010, I blew my motor the first pass on the stock block. If i didnt have the trailer, that would have been a big pain in the a**.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Its been several years since Ive been up there but my local car group rented it out and ran an event there. It wasn't too bad but its a decent drive. Back then it wasn't a big deal to drive that far and race but with making decent power my comfort zone is about 50 miles racing without a truck or trailer. I'm planning on having a truck and trailer next year but I can decide on a slightly older diesel or a newer smaller gas truck.

They have some pretty badass racing up there from what I hear. Not really strict on safety, big money grudge matches without the signs on etc etc. I know I'm planning on just going up there to watch one of those this year. Serious 8 second and faster cars for big money is always fun to watch.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wheatley
I noticed you're from KY will you be at IA in TN this summer? Ive had my car down there a few years but the evo showing is very small, Id like to see that go up lol.
Wish I could make it. But I'm in the military and will be deployed during that time.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

i want you garage.......
Old Apr 4, 2011, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

I don't have the ***** to do that to my harness as bad *** as it is. Mad props to you. That really is impressive. I have so many connectors that aren't used anymore. Someday maybe lol.

Quick Reply: Wheatley's 6262 build