Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Full-Race Geoff's Evo8 (daily-driver project build)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Yeah, he does, and it's impressive to say the least on a 2.0L (spools up earlier than my current 50 trim setup - what??). I'd bet an 8374 would absolutely kick *** on your 2.2L.

l8r)
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
Had a busy sunday: installed the Walbro 416 in tank, put on the evoX front brakes, made a beefy splitter mount/bash bar and replumbed my oil cooler lines... and then the dyno arrived
Congrats on the new dyno Geoff!
Did you pick up a new DTS/Superflow Dyno? Or a DTS Red/Green Dyno from Australia?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Had a busy sunday: installed the Walbro 416 in tank, put on the evoX front brakes, made a beefy splitter mount/bash bar and replumbed my oil cooler lines... and then the dyno arrived
whats involved in swapping evo x brakes?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
Actually is pretty straith foward!! You have to drill a little bit your steering knuckle for the bigger bolt. The rest is install back like the o.e.m.!!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Geoff do you have a dynojet run file from your tuning session? can you email it to me? eurness at gmail dot com
Dynojet runfiles emailed - Im not a dynojet pro so even though I had a bad alternator at the time Im interested to know what you figure out!

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
^ Yeah, he does, and it's impressive to say the least on a 2.0L (spools up earlier than my current 50 trim setup - what??). I'd bet an 8374 would absolutely kick *** on your 2.2L.
I am sooo happy how well everything worked out on my evo... ecstatic is an understatement. considering all the suspension/chassis and driveline work I did, the powerband is icing on the cake and compliment each other perfectly. there are 2 WIDE turns at our industrial park entrance. On early sunday morning i was practicing some low speed 2nd gear 4-wheel drifts, clutch kicking it was smooth, predictable and all 4 slicks roasting controllably. im ecstatic, its like a full size RC touring car with brushless motor .. .and the AC was blasting cold

Originally Posted by h22gordo
a DTS Red/Green Dyno from Australia?
^^this

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
get a 9/16" unibit (a normal drillbit will try and break your wrist) and drill thru!

Originally Posted by jo evo
Actually is pretty straith foward!! You have to drill a little bit your steering knuckle for the bigger bolt. The rest is install back like the o.e.m.!
^^yep and the pads are a direct drop-in replacement. the rotors are heavy tho! going to get some lighter weight alu hats at some point, wait till i trash these tho

Marshall and I are going to SEMA again so we'll be hunting you guys down.
right on guys, looking forward to it! our ecoboost f150 is getting ready for the big show:

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Sep 26, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

right on guys, looking forward to it! our ecoboost f150 is getting ready for the big show:

Man, if some of that translates to a Flex Ecoboost, you may have a future customer in a couple of years (when my warranty expires, lol). What turbos are going on the Ecoboost kit, and how do they compare to the stockers? Please post a dyno chart of the F150 if you guys end up dynoing it.

l8r)
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:41 PM
Account Disabled

Man, if some of that translates to a Flex Ecoboost, you may have a future customer in a couple of years (when my warranty expires, lol). What turbos are going on the Ecoboost kit
Our turbo kit philosophy has always been that the same kit should fit the smallest EFRs all the way to the largest... These ecoboost kits are no different, if you want to go drag racing you can run a 9180, if you want to TOW we have something in store for that (i expect the powerband will make diesel guys ) no plans for the flex yet, but depending on how things go with the unveiling of our build at SEMA we might have a lot more work lined up from FoMoCo!

Please post a dyno chart of the F150 if you guys end up dynoing it
that is the plan!!

will be setup and operational in about 2 weeks, lots of interesting things will be going down in the back of F-R real soon
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Damn that trailer is long!
Old Oct 9, 2012, 07:33 AM
Account Disabled

our EcoBoost F-150 is getting ready for SEMA!

the evo is still kicking butt! The slicks are getting a little tired after the hot summer we had so i cant wait to start DD-ing the F150 and do a little refresh on the Ct9A!
Old Oct 9, 2012, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ LMK if you want some more slicks. I've got a pretty good deal on them
Old Oct 9, 2012, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Cool article on the EcoBoost engine. Thanks for the link. I posted it on the FordFlex.net forums.

l8r)
Old Oct 9, 2012, 08:48 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL I have an F150 ecoboost- made an intake for it lol

cb
Old Oct 9, 2012, 04:26 PM
Account Disabled

Cool article on the EcoBoost engine. Thanks for the link. I posted it on the FordFlex.net forums.
glad you liked the article! The truck comes out of paint tomorrow, the color came out soooo awesome. im excited to put everything together

^ LMK if you want some more slicks. I've got a pretty good deal on them
whatcha got? ive got a bunch of hankook C91's on the side, but ive been running the 275/35/18 BFG R1's because they last longer on the street

Originally Posted by CBRD
I have an F150 ecoboost- made an intake for it
nice! did you dyno it or notice any gains? Personally I like the stock airbox for trucks, since there is so much dirt in the engine bay
Old Oct 9, 2012, 06:39 PM

I just read through your whole thread. the whole time I've just been at a loss for words. You're build isn't one of the best I've seen but it's the most user friendly/information filled build I've ever seen. You built a sick *** daily and I might have to go ahead and copy a lot of your build. lol. I'm so stoked to see the ECOBoost at SEMA this year. My teacher has one and maybe you guys can convince him to get the kit. lol see you at SEMA!
Old Oct 9, 2012, 06:57 PM

subscribed, I had a Full Race Kit on my RSX Type S and wow this build is epic!

Quick Reply: Full-Race Geoff's Evo8 (daily-driver project build)