Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

The evolution of my Evo IX RS Wicked White

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015 | 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Well then, that makes it even better!
Old Jan 29, 2015 | 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

That's sucks mang. Some shops are shady... Chalk Agile up as one of them.
Old Jan 30, 2015 | 04:57 AM

Dang Honda-guy dat suks. I was planning on using Agile when I get an evo one day. But thinking they ain't the right kinda peeps for me now.
Old Jan 30, 2015 | 05:23 AM

Honda-guy do you think if I gave Agile the specs I wanted my engine built to they could do that? Or are they just worthless?
Old Jan 30, 2015 | 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Watermelon e46
Dang Honda-guy dat suks. I was planning on using Agile when I get an evo one day. But thinking they ain't the right kinda peeps for me now.
they are mainly a subaru shop but have worked on a few evos. both my buddy and i didn't have a very good experience there.
Old Jan 30, 2015 | 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Honda-guy do you think if I gave Agile the specs I wanted my engine built to they could do that? Or are they just worthless?
i'm sure they could build a motor to your specs but they'll probably wont stand behind the work because it's not their specs. or come up with some other excuse why the engine failed (if it does).

why not go with a reputable shop like CBRD. they built my 2.2 and and i've ran 6 event's so far and it's running great. i'll post some info on the CBRD 2.2 later.
Old Jan 30, 2015 | 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Dang OP, that sucks. Sorry to hear about this.

After OP's experience with them you still want to give them a chance? Good luck.
Old Jan 30, 2015 | 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IzzyRS
After OP's experience with them you still want to give them a chance? Good luck.
+1

It was not just a failed motor build, it was also how they handled their customer's issues. Agile not only denied it was their fault, but they charged the customer to tell him things he already knew without informing him up front they might do that.
Old Jan 30, 2015 | 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by honda-guy
i'm sure they could build a motor to your specs but they'll probably wont stand behind the work because it's not their specs. or come up with some other excuse why the engine failed (if it does). why not go with a reputable shop like CBRD. they built my 2.2 and and i've ran 6 event's so far and it's running great. i'll post some info on the CBRD 2.2 later.
That's great to hear!
I hope my CBRD 2.3 lasts a long time!
Old Jan 30, 2015 | 12:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Thai

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Hoping you get this corrected & put it behind you

Often wonder, when that time comes, where I should get my first built motor from?

MAP / CBRD / Buschur ?

Joe
Old Feb 2, 2015 | 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Thai

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Hoping you get this corrected & put it behind you

Often wonder, when that time comes, where I should get my first built motor from?

MAP / CBRD / Buschur ?

Joe
yeah, it sucked that it happened. it will never be corrected because they dont think they did anything wrong, but i'm already over it. i just want to let people know so they can stay away from that shop.

of my track buddy didn't really have a good track record with his MAP 2.4 either. didn't last one event.
Old Feb 2, 2015 | 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious View Post

Thai

MAP / CBRD / Buschur ?

Joe

yeah, it sucked that it happened. it will never be corrected because they dont think they did anything wrong, but i'm already over it. i just want to let people know so they can stay away from that shop.

of my track buddy didn't really have a good track record with his MAP 2.4 either. didn't last one event.

Anything Map touches and puts their "brand name on" will not last and is not a quality item. Don't waste your time. speaking from first hand experience.

For engine builds at this point; I would recommend CBRD, Buschur, or TScompusa but the choice is yours at the end of the day.

Cheapest is not always best
Old Feb 9, 2015 | 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Great thread! Enjoyed reading and amazed at the similarities of our cars and experiences. I have a WW IX RS with 2.4, added ABS, and need a new 5th gear synchro after a recent trans rebuild, and I run in NASA TT1. Car has been amazing. Enjoyed reading and seeing your success.
Finally got around to dropping the engine and drivetrain yesterday. Still plenty of work needs to be done before the first TT event the first week of April.

- dropped the spare short block off at Agile Automotive Performance to hopefully get a 2.3L stroker. They build several of my competitors cars also.

- rebuild tranny with new 5th gear synchro. tranny was completely rebuild about a year ago with new gears but started to get some grinding into 5th towards the end of last season.

- install ABS, include new hard lines, master cylinder and engine harness.

- install new suspension bushings, front and rear.

- maybe drop 20-30 lbs off the car.

- make new front splitter that's larger and easier to remove and able to raise and lower.

- make rear diffuser

Old Feb 9, 2015 | 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

I had Mr. Curt Brown to my 2.3 & head for me. Will break the motor in on a maxed out stock turbo then upgrade to a BB-BBK-B. Currently in the middle of moving but will hopefully have the car relocated & backed together/running in a couple months. Very excited about the setup.
Old Feb 9, 2015 | 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Driv200
Great thread! Enjoyed reading and amazed at the similarities of our cars and experiences. I have a WW IX RS with 2.4, added ABS, and need a new 5th gear synchro after a recent trans rebuild, and I run in NASA TT1. Car has been amazing. Enjoyed reading and seeing your success.
thanks. what nasa region do you run with? i run mainly northeast and some mid-atlantic. i'll have to post some more updates of the car. new suspension setup, turbo setup and more earo.
The following users liked this post:
Driv200 (Aug 16, 2019)

Quick Reply: The evolution of my Evo IX RS Wicked White