Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011 | 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=evodan2004;9802261]
Originally Posted by GGevo921

how about coated and wrapped hahah .. DP is wrapped as well.

Where did you get that done and how much did it cost?

Last edited by s.e.a.n.; Dec 7, 2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2011 | 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
Joey when you do it you will notcie a difference in under hood temps drastically. its a win win with ceramic coatings.
Ceramic coating is what im def going with. I heard the same thing as well. Before on my Shearer stock replacement mani i had that coated and I noticed a difference. I plan on doing it all over in the next month or so.

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Dan how well have your coatings held up so far?
I'd like to do a before and after but that is so much work and down time.

We gonna see 170mph traps out the junk box?
I will be out in April ready to rock Last season i wanted to be out in April but wasnt out till June. So this year im going to be 100 percent ready 8 sec pass and 170MPH trap is my goal. If not 170MPH traps, ill be happy with my 8 sec pass lol
Old Dec 7, 2011 | 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

I will be out in April ready to rock Last season i wanted to be out in April but wasnt out till June. So this year im going to be 100 percent ready 8 sec pass and 170MPH trap is my goal. If not 170MPH traps, ill be happy with my 8 sec pass lol
170 and 8 sec passes You trying to give Devin a run for his money at the track this year?
Old Dec 7, 2011 | 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

170 and 8 sec passes You trying to give Devin a run for his money at the track this year?
I sure hope so man! Cant wait till April! Na im not trying to go after Devins record or anything. His car is amazing and it would take me a lot of work to get down to the 8.50s area haha not to mention about 200-300 more pounds of weight reduction. Im just going to be happy with a 8 sec pass. But i want to run 8s consistently when i go. I dont wanna be those people who run 8s once and then thats it. I wanna be consistent. Just like Devin and Emery. It will take some work, but i will be ready when the time comes
Old Dec 7, 2011 | 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
I sure hope so man! Cant wait till April! Na im not trying to go after Devins record or anything. His car is amazing and it would take me a lot of work to get down to the 8.50s area haha not to mention about 200-300 more pounds of weight reduction. Im just going to be happy with a 8 sec pass. But i want to run 8s consistently when i go. I dont wanna be those people who run 8s once and then thats it. I wanna be consistent. Just like Devin and Emery. It will take some work, but i will be ready when the time comes
If i see 8s at 170 while im going down the track next you i might forget about driving lol I wasnt saying trying to take his records, i just meant give him some door to door racing down the track! and i have no doubts bud i think you will be 8s all day every day you go to the track. I think once you break into the 8s for the first time youll be fine PS ceramic wheel bearings might help
Old Dec 7, 2011 | 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

If i see 8s at 170 while im going down the track next you i might forget about driving lol I wasnt saying trying to take his records, i just meant give him some door to door racing down the track! and i have no doubts bud i think you will be 8s all day every day you go to the track. I think once you break into the 8s for the first time youll be fine PS ceramic wheel bearings might help
Man that would be great! I hope it happens! Oh no yea me and devin will do some door to door racing for sure. That will be pretty sick not going to lie. Like you said once you hit 8s, i think it is easier from there on. Not saying its going to be easy but i am up for the challenge! Ceramic wheeel bearings will definetly help. There around 2 grand and that makes me rethink hahahaha
Old Dec 7, 2011 | 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Man that would be great! I hope it happens! Oh no yea me and devin will do some door to door racing for sure. That will be pretty sick not going to lie. Like you said once you hit 8s, i think it is easier from there on. Not saying its going to be easy but i am up for the challenge! Ceramic wheeel bearings will definetly help. There around 2 grand and that makes me rethink hahahaha
I expect to see you win a couple of those races against Devin. U better get a good jump off the line to make up those 300 pounds Def not going to be easy but with how close you were last year, i think it will only be a matter of time before we will be celebrating 8s. ANd i know i wanted the ceramics too, but not enough $$ for them, putting it into the trans, special trans setup. ps more pics in my build thread if you want to see!

Last edited by GGevo921; Dec 7, 2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2011 | 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Ceramic coating is what im def going with. I heard the same thing as well. Before on my Shearer stock replacement mani i had that coated and I noticed a difference. I plan on doing it all over in the next month or so.

Hell ya.

That is my goal is to have the car 100% ready when the tracks start to open. Would be the first year it has happened lol.
Old Dec 7, 2011 | 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Dan how well have your coatings held up so far?
I'd like to do a before and after but that is so much work and down time.

We gonna see 170mph traps out the junk box?

it has held up perfectly. i did it over the winter because the car is parked from the 1st snow fall to april.

the coating is Swain tech coatings. call for pricing. the coating i have is called white lightening. it truly works great
Old Dec 7, 2011 | 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Hell ya.

That is my goal is to have the car 100% ready when the tracks start to open. Would be the first year it has happened lol.
Im hoping to make it on time. Going to be pushing it, but i got these next two months to really push out some progress! Hoping to see you in March Joey!
Old Dec 8, 2011 | 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Hope you come out and race with us in march/April too! The weather will just be breaking nice for racing. Thats why i want to be out in April
Old Dec 8, 2011 | 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Hope you come out and race with us in march/April too! The weather will just be breaking nice for racing. Thats why i want to be out in April
Me 2 bud! schools out for the next 2 months so i just have work which gives me more free time to get the car done. Installing the Double Pumper today so im hoping to be ready by March. So i can make it out for some racing! PS ordered my rota slipstreams today!
Old Dec 8, 2011 | 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Me 2 bud! schools out for the next 2 months so i just have work which gives me more free time to get the car done. Installing the Double Pumper today so im hoping to be ready by March. So i can make it out for some racing! PS ordered my rota slipstreams today!
Nice dude! Thats a long break! Time to work on the Evo Rota slips cant go wrong with them, did u get them in black?
Old Dec 8, 2011 | 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Nice dude! Thats a long break! Time to work on the Evo Rota slips cant go wrong with them, did u get them in black?
Yea so work and work on my car cant complain. and working on the car is fun. i dont mind it. And yup i got the rota slips and they are black now they are ready for those nice M/T slicks
Old Dec 9, 2011 | 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

I'm going to be diffrent and get my slippers in gunmetal

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!