Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
haha, I finally got a set of 9 gsr seats.....finally, only took me a year to locate a set.

I really want to go with a 35r or fp black setup. I want a turbo that moves some air, make my passengers grab the oh **** bar lol. All this on stock block, mind you.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tsidrift1
haha, I finally got a set of 9 gsr seats.....finally, only took me a year to locate a set.

I really want to go with a 35r or fp black setup. I want a turbo that moves some air, make my passengers grab the oh **** bar lol. All this on stock block, mind you.
Nice man! Patience pays off

35R or Fp Black setup is your best bet. I really liked the Fp Black. Got me consistent 9.70 passes all day long. Not to mention awesome to drive on the street. Either turbo will def have your passengers grabbing the oh **** bar Stock block FTW!!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love the car, amazing build.. keep it up
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by domestickillaAR
love the car, amazing build.. keep it up
Thanks Man! Im sending out the diff next week as well as the turbo. I just wanted to wait till the 1st of the year to get everything out and get past the Holidays. Cant wait!!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

I'll be chasing you this year joey. I'm painting my engine bay and then my build will be complete! Not looking forward to adding all the safety equipment though.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Ger er done!!

It's close enough to the start of the new year. Send that **** out!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chu's Mom
I'll be chasing you this year joey. I'm painting my engine bay and then my build will be complete! Not looking forward to adding all the safety equipment though.
Im ready man Bring it on! haha Yea i wish i didnt have to put the cage and all that in the car but my life is more important then a car. As much as i plan on going to the track this year, if something goes wrong going over 160MPH it will prolly not end good. Its a little extra weight but its being made up with some other weight reduction. All i want is a 8 sec pass and that will make me more then happy

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
Ger er done!!

It's close enough to the start of the new year. Send that **** out!
This week my friend! Getting every ready to send out this week
Old Jan 1, 2012, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Glad to see some updates Joey! hoping to see some pictures soon! and hope you are feeling better! This is overhaul week for me so hopefully i get close to being done putting the car together
Old Jan 1, 2012, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GGevo921
Glad to see some updates Joey! hoping to see some pictures soon! and hope you are feeling better! This is overhaul week for me so hopefully i get close to being done putting the car together
Pics coming soon! thanks bud I am feeling better. Still not 100 percent but im getting there. Get Er done man, can't wait to see it finished
Old Jan 1, 2012, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Pics coming soon! thanks bud I am feeling better. Still not 100 percent but im getting there. Get Er done man, can't wait to see it finished
sounds good bud. and lmk about the slicks, i had to send collin some money for parts so i have to add funds again to paypal. ps new part coming
Old Jan 3, 2012, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

sounds good bud. and lmk about the slicks, i had to send collin some money for parts so i have to add funds again to paypal. ps new part coming
Slicks are ready to go, still trying to locate the 10mm spacers. Im sure they will turn up, im going to look more today after work. Ill txt u hopefully with some good news
Old Jan 3, 2012, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Slicks are ready to go, still trying to locate the 10mm spacers. Im sure they will turn up, im going to look more today after work. Ill txt u hopefully with some good news
awesome! thanks bud! and they are 20mm right? ill have money in my paypal on thursday!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

awesome! thanks bud! and they are 20mm right? ill have money in my paypal on thursday!
No Prob! And thats my fault, there are 20mm spacers
Old Jan 3, 2012, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

No Prob! And thats my fault, there are 20mm spacers
thanks bud! im looking forward to some good news, just got the double pumper figured out and when i get those pics from you and solve my small radiator install issues ill be golden Looking forward to seeing the parts when they get back!
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!!

Hey everyone,

Well ive been in absence the last week and I apologize. I havent had any real updates to give with pictures and info so i kinda stepped away. But since then, yesterday i dropped off the diff to be sent to shep and my turbo kit is getting coated. We have decided to make another dump tube to go through the hood vent and get that coated as well. Turbo will be going Monday or next week and that takes about a week. When the turbo get backs the car is going to Devin @ Boostin for him to build my Trans and put a fresh clutch in it and to put everything back together.

I finally stopped being lazy and got the parts out and get the Junk Box back together for 2012. Also next week i am ordering my NRG Carbon seat along with the CF trunk. That shouldnt take that long and installing should be fairly quick. I am also going to the 24.5" M/H slicks and getting the Slipstreams powdercoated gloss black. Ill get the slicks ordered up in the next week or too. Everything is coming together. I have a quick pic of some of the parts i shipped out. Stay tuned for more!!

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!