Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evosick2332
UPDATE!!

Hey everyone,

Well ive been in absence the last week and I apologize. I havent had any real updates to give with pictures and info so i kinda stepped away. But since then, yesterday i dropped off the diff to be sent to shep and my turbo kit is getting coated. We have decided to make another dump tube to go through the hood vent and get that coated as well. Turbo will be going Monday or next week and that takes about a week. When the turbo get backs the car is going to Devin @ Boostin for him to build my Trans and put a fresh clutch in it and to put everything back together.

I finally stopped being lazy and got the parts out and get the Junk Box back together for 2012. Also next week i am ordering my NRG Carbon seat along with the CF trunk. That shouldnt take that long and installing should be fairly quick. I am also going to the 24.5" M/H slicks and getting the Slipstreams powdercoated gloss black. Ill get the slicks ordered up in the next week or too. Everything is coming together. I have a quick pic of some of the parts i shipped out. Stay tuned for more!!

Looks great bro! and i feel you time to start working and get the car done. i finally feel better but i am busy with work so time is limited but its time to get my tcase and trans pulled here. Looking forward to updates when you get the seats and turbo back!! Im ready to go racing with you!!
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

You plan on going to the shootout this year?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GGevo921
Looks great bro! and i feel you time to start working and get the car done. i finally feel better but i am busy with work so time is limited but its time to get my tcase and trans pulled here. Looking forward to updates when you get the seats and turbo back!! Im ready to go racing with you!!
Thanks Bud! Yea we dont have that much time before that track opens lol. Time is flying. Going to have some more updates in the week to come! Cant wait! Chicago drag strips better be ready for me u and jason haha

Originally Posted by lude2evo
You plan on going to the shootout this year?
Absouletly!!! This will be my 3rd year in a row and im getting down there a day early. Had issues at the shootout last year but ill be prepared for this one. Im hoping by then ill have the 8 sec pass under my belt and there i would like to make a couple more
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:26 PM
Account Disabled

Which cf trunk did you decide to go with? I am trying to decide on one as well, I don't want the keyhole as I never open my trunk with the key anyway.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Glad to see you got the ball rolling

I ordered my M & H slicks a couple of weeks ago. I should be getting them today. Buschur is an M & H dealer just a FYI. When speaking to a rep awhile back he made mention that tire prices are planned to go up in 2012 sometime in January for the first time in 5 years. I bought mine before they went up.

I'd suggest the Seibon cf trunk. Mine fits damn near perfect and doesn't have the key hole, etc..
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
Which cf trunk did you decide to go with? I am trying to decide on one as well, I don't want the keyhole as I never open my trunk with the key anyway.
I talked to Emery @ STM and it looks like im going to go with the Seibon through him. Its a little expensive but i hear they are great quality and the fitment is pretty much perfect. Planning on ordering it next week!
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
Glad to see you got the ball rolling

I ordered my M & H slicks a couple of weeks ago. I should be getting them today. Buschur is an M & H dealer just a FYI. When speaking to a rep awhile back he made mention that tire prices are planned to go up in 2012 sometime in January for the first time in 5 years. I bought mine before they went up.

I'd suggest the Seibon cf trunk. Mine fits damn near perfect and doesn't have the key hole, etc..
I know right I finally stopped being lazy lol.

I didnt know Buschur was a M/H Dealer. I talked to Emery @ STM and he's going to get me a set. Im just looking for the best price and time wise ya know.

Yea seibon is what im going with. Im going to order it next week. Cant wait!
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Bought these also to complete the Engine bay a little bit!

Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

i like those bolts. i have the stm valve cover kit now along with some green fender washers. finally got ahold of some rpf1's with nitto 555r drag radials so im looking foward to the track this year. i want to go to the shootout but also tx2k12. however the shootout is going to be a lonnnnnngggggggg drive so ill play it by ear
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
verry nice
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lude2evo
i like those bolts. i have the stm valve cover kit now along with some green fender washers. finally got ahold of some rpf1's with nitto 555r drag radials so im looking foward to the track this year. i want to go to the shootout but also tx2k12. however the shootout is going to be a lonnnnnngggggggg drive so ill play it by ear
Nice man, Cant go wrong with the RpF1s. RpF1s are one of my favite rims out there for an Evo. I want to make it to the Tx2k12 event also but it will be hard to get out there in March. My car will be done before that if everything goes as planned but that will be a long drive and it depends on funds. So im playing it by ear also.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

im in dallas so the tx2k is really close.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i would use a fiber images truck. it fits damn good and weighs 6lbs. i been using it for a year and its held up great
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Sounds and looks good Joey. It will be a fun and hopefully a problem free year
Old Jan 11, 2012, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

I love part updates keepem coming man!

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!