Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012 | 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

It really is like blue ***** man.
Old Jan 17, 2012 | 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

^ Pics will come soon. Everythinig is slowly coming together. Its only Mid January. We all have some time. But pics and more updates will come soon
Old Jan 17, 2012 | 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
^ Pics will come soon. Everythinig is slowly coming together. Its only Mid January. We all have some time. But pics and more updates will come soon
Good update bud. I cant wait to see this carbon fiber trunk. Mad jealous, i wish i could afford one for my build. Maybe later in the season! Cant wait to see the turbo when it comes back, your going to have the king of drag turbos!

And i know it seems like we all have some time but it seems to be creeping by faster than i can accept. Im just hoping to be ready in March! And then we will terrorize your local track when i come visit! Keep the updates coming!
Old Jan 18, 2012 | 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GGevo921
Good update bud. I cant wait to see this carbon fiber trunk. Mad jealous, i wish i could afford one for my build. Maybe later in the season! Cant wait to see the turbo when it comes back, your going to have the king of drag turbos!

And i know it seems like we all have some time but it seems to be creeping by faster than i can accept. Im just hoping to be ready in March! And then we will terrorize your local track when i come visit! Keep the updates coming!
Thanks man! Im excited to get the car finished. Like you said clock is ticking and its already getting towards February. Hoping to have everything completed minus the cage in a month. 6766 is going to be bad a**. I cant wait to see the difference betwee the 66 and the 6765.

When do you plan on making the trip out here?
Old Jan 18, 2012 | 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Thanks man! Im excited to get the car finished. Like you said clock is ticking and its already getting towards February. Hoping to have everything completed minus the cage in a month. 6766 is going to be bad a**. I cant wait to see the difference betwee the 66 and the 6765.

When do you plan on making the trip out here?
The clock is def ticking, faster than i thought it would. And you'll have to let me know what you think between the 65 and 66 and which you like better.

And im not sure im thinking march or april. but not until i have the car together and dialed in. i want to make sure its all ready to run all out before i drive out so we can do some real racing!
Old Jan 18, 2012 | 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GGevo921
The clock is def ticking, faster than i thought it would. And you'll have to let me know what you think between the 65 and 66 and which you like better.

And im not sure im thinking march or april. but not until i have the car together and dialed in. i want to make sure its all ready to run all out before i drive out so we can do some real racing!
Ill let you know the differences and my opinion on the 66 compared to the 65. I'm guessing from what ive heard the 66 is a whole new beast and i cant wait!

April or May the weather will just start to break and should be good temps wise. Keep me posted when you plan on coming out. Will figure out a good weekend
Old Jan 20, 2012 | 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!!!

Hey Everyone,

Got a quick update from Shep and Devin @ Boostin. Shep took my diff apart and there was nothing broke or wrong with it. Which is a good sign. He is going to schim everything and put some stronger clutch plates for the LSD to make it stronger! Diff will be back monday or tuesday. Cant wait Also Devin informed me that my stuff is pretty much done being coated. That will be here early next week as well. Stay tuned for pics. Thanks to Devin and Shep for getting it down quickly. Now moving on to the next piece of the puzzle. Trans rebuild and 6766
Old Jan 20, 2012 | 09:02 PM

Man your definately aint playing around haha I love it. Im just hoping to get into the 9s but I gotta get my tires and suspension dialed in. LOL i need to borrow some of your secrets. Keep up the updates Im eager to see your 8 sec pass and good luck
Old Jan 20, 2012 | 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redrocket03
Man your definately aint playing around haha I love it. Im just hoping to get into the 9s but I gotta get my tires and suspension dialed in. LOL i need to borrow some of your secrets. Keep up the updates Im eager to see your 8 sec pass and good luck
I have seen him race plenty of times to know his secret is him. He is a dam good driver. Thats all there is to it.
Old Jan 21, 2012 | 08:16 AM

this car is just awesome
Old Jan 21, 2012 | 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redrocket03
Lol thanks man, Yea im trying to get her done asap and get the car off to the chassis shop. I dont have many secrets, but at this point with me its just getting the car dialed in right and driving it. Which i do pretty good. Mostly just practice and seat time to get where im at. Thanks for kind comments and im going to update this next week with some more news!

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
I have seen him race plenty of times to know his secret is him. He is a dam good driver. Thats all there is to it.
Thanks Bud! U ready for spring to get here!?

Originally Posted by akley88
this car is just awesome
I appreciate it man!
Old Jan 26, 2012 | 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

I spy with my little eye some junk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GYdQ...e_gdata_player
Old Jan 26, 2012 | 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Hey I know that guy in the black Evo
Old Jan 26, 2012 | 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
I spy with my little eye some junk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GYdQ...e_gdata_player
Dam Joey!! That engine bay is clean as hell! I cant wait to see it when its done with the new turbo. And nice driving! Your going to be in 8s for sure this year. Looking forward to racing at the track together! Maybe after we achieve our goals we can get the track to set us up a bracket race for a friendly race
Old Jan 27, 2012 | 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

Joey let me ask you a question bud, with the community favoring 2.3 and now the surge in 2.4 large turbo combinations what made you choose to stick with a 2.0L ? other then the high compression what other specs does ur motor have ? if you dont wana let all your secrets out shoot me a PM.. thanks

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!