Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so what carbon fiber trunk/hood did you end up getting? whats the weight difference?
Awsome build man
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
I spy with my little eye some junk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GYdQ...e_gdata_player
Cant believe I went 9.1 first time out this past season. That was a fun night!

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Hey I know that guy in the black Evo
Spring is right around the corner!!

Originally Posted by GGevo921
Dam Joey!! That engine bay is clean as hell! I cant wait to see it when its done with the new turbo. And nice driving! Your going to be in 8s for sure this year. Looking forward to racing at the track together! Maybe after we achieve our goals we can get the track to set us up a bracket race for a friendly race
Thanks Tyler! The engine bay is even cleaner now lol. That was the first track day of this past season when the car went 9.17. That was a fun night and i couldnt belive i made those times first time out. Looking forward for our cars getting done soon and getting back out to the track!

Originally Posted by domestickillaAR
Joey let me ask you a question bud, with the community favoring 2.3 and now the surge in 2.4 large turbo combinations what made you choose to stick with a 2.0L ? other then the high compression what other specs does ur motor have ? if you dont wana let all your secrets out shoot me a PM.. thanks
As seen now a lot more people are switching and going with the 2.3/2.4 large turbo combinations. But to me i feel a lot of people do 2.3/2.4 for very quick spool obviously. Now my car isnt a DD and is driving a few times a week if that mostly on the weekend. I honestly dont mind it being laggy. With the high compression motor i like the responsiveness and being able to rev 10K if i needed to is nice. My motor really doesnt have any secrets. I did a compression check a couple months back and its 160-170 across the board with the motor only half way warmed up. Devin and I plan on pulling the motor right before the shootout. Motor is still MAnley TT allow rods/ 10:5:1 Weisco HD 1400 pistons. Evo 8 head full ported with supertech valve train STM 650 cams. Thats pretty much it man, no secrets in the motor

Originally Posted by blackgsx01
so what carbon fiber trunk/hood did you end up getting? whats the weight difference?
Awsome build man
Thanks Bud! I havent purchased the Carbon Fiber trunk because im stuck on which one to buy. I have a little while left before i have to choose but im leaning towards seibon and 1 other company. To me i want it to be as light as possible but fitment has to be A+

Ill have pics up early next week or the diff and turbo kit parts. Then turbo is off to precision for the 6766 upgrade and ordering my NRG Carbon Seat!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!!!!

I got some good news!! Devin and Kristin sent me a txt this morning saying my Shep Rear Diff came in. Good start to the weekend lol. Looks awesome and im glad its back ready to go back into the car Below is a quick pic of the diff, nothing special. Early next week when my parts come back from the powder coater ill post up some more pics. Monday i am sending my 6765 into precision for the 6766 upgrade. They say that takes about a week, so hopefully in the next couple weeks the car will be off to Boostin to get fired up 4.11 gearing is in as well. Spring is near and im getting ready!! Stay tuned for more! Thank to Devin and Shep for the quick service and cant wait to get the car over to Boostin to finish it up!

Last edited by Evosick2332; Jan 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
UPDATE!!!!

I got some good news!! Devin and Kristin sent me a txt this morning saying my Shep Rear Diff came in. Good start to the weekend lol. Looks awesome and im glad its back ready to go back into the car Below is a quick pic of the diff, nothing special. Early next week when my parts come back from the powder coater ill post up some more pics. Monday i am sending my 6765 into precision for the 6766 upgrade. They say that takes about a week, so hopefully in the next couple weeks the car will be off to Boostin to get fired up 4.11 gearing is in as well. Spring is near and im getting ready!! Stay tuned for more! Thank to Devin and Shep for the quick service and cant wait to get the car over to Boostin to finish it up!

Looks like things are starting to come together bud! Diff Looks great! Time to pull some 1.299 60fts now! Want to let me borrow the diff
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:11 PM

Great car man. Just read the whole post. Amazing read we have nothing like this here in Australia.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:27 PM

Im glad everything is coming together for you man. I have watched alot of your videos lately and you are a DAMN good driver Ima have to start taking notes haha. Good luck with the rest of the build and keep us updated.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Joey! Man that pass was nuts, Im starting a build called the (turd bucket) haha
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoixman
Great car man. Just read the whole post. Amazing read we have nothing like this here in Australia.
Thanks Man!

Originally Posted by redrocket03
Im glad everything is coming together for you man. I have watched alot of your videos lately and you are a DAMN good driver Ima have to start taking notes haha. Good luck with the rest of the build and keep us updated.
Thanks Bud, I appreciate the kind words! Finally getting stuff together for the car. Turbo goes out this week, then trans rebuild then she will fire up! Itching to get out there to try for that 8 sec pass!

Originally Posted by Collin@ToxicFab
Hey Joey! Man that pass was nuts, Im starting a build called the (turd bucket) haha
Hey Collin! Thanks Man! Cant wait to get back out there in April. Then you need to get the plate for it as well. (TRD BCKT) Hahahaha
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

The junk box build... "balling on a budget". :O
Old Jan 30, 2012, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!!!

Quick update for this week. Will have some better pics of the diff and coated turbo kit parts today/tomorrow. Sending in the 6765 tomorrow to precision to get the 6766 conversion. I was told it takes about a week for the conversion. Will have some pics to update you with this week. Stay tuned!!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

what main/rod bearings are you running joey?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight
what main/rod bearings are you running joey?
We built his motor with ACL Race Series Rod and Main bearings. These bearings can take the high horsepower/high RPM abuse.

Devin
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

^ A ton abuse hahaha. Cant wait to get the car over to you guys in a couple weeks!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!!

Quick update. The 6765 is on its way to precision to get the 6766 conversion. Also getting the compressor cover polished to match the rest of the coated turbo kit. I hope to see the turbo back into my possession in a week to two. After i get the turbo back, it is off to Devin @ Boostin place to Build the trans, fresh clutch, and get the car running again.

Next week i am ordering my new seat. I have decided to go with the NRG Carbon seat. I was thinking about going to a kirkey, but i plan on driving the car a decent amount this summer when i can and i feel the NRG seat will be more comfortable. After the seat gets in, I will throw it in the car then shes off to the chassis shop. Stay tuned for pics. I will have some more pics up this week!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
UPDATE!!

Quick update. The 6765 is on its way to precision to get the 6766 conversion. Also getting the compressor cover polished to match the rest of the coated turbo kit. I hope to see the turbo back into my possession in a week to two. After i get the turbo back, it is off to Devin @ Boostin place to Build the trans, fresh clutch, and get the car running again.

Next week i am ordering my new seat. I have decided to go with the NRG Carbon seat. I was thinking about going to a kirkey, but i plan on driving the car a decent amount this summer when i can and i feel the NRG seat will be more comfortable. After the seat gets in, I will throw it in the car then shes off to the chassis shop. Stay tuned for pics. I will have some more pics up this week!
Thanks for the update Joey sounds like things are rolling for you and the 2012 season i'll be waiting for more updates that for sure!

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!