Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats great power!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW Joey BIG power you got at your disposal that's for sure!

8's on the way.....
Old Apr 9, 2012, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332

Its a solid setup, you will be happy!

haha thats what i hope lol.. is this the same piston/rod setup you ran with the fp black setup right?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

I bet, being that Stricly Modified set up this car originally, your double pumper has the feed line kit, meaning -6 feed and bigger return line as well. To the other guys point if you were on stock lines still I dont think you could have hit 850 on a tough reading Mustang dyno and yours appears to be.

Last edited by asubennett; Apr 9, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 07:46 PM
B^t

nice updates..........
Old Apr 9, 2012, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo03Rt
Congrats Joey.....
Thanks Bud!

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
Nice power man! I think I see myself selling my 3586 ff kit mid summer and buying a new setup

Going to the 4.11 probably helped boost the numbers up quite a bit from the added load too. You should have ZERO problem going 8's man. I'm excited to see you hit the 1320!

I am waiting on my transmission to be finished up right now. I hate waiting haha. Our local track opens in 4 days
Thanks Chris! The 6766 is insane, the crazy part is we could have went for more lol. But its safe to say this is plenty of power to clock off a 8 second pass. Im excited to get back out there as well When do you plan to get out to the track?

Our local track opened a couple weeks ago :/ Car is going to the chassis shop Monday then off to the tracks i go

Originally Posted by BOOSTINJAE
Congrats great power!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
WOW Joey BIG power you got at your disposal that's for sure!

8's on the way.....
I sure hope so man, Track day in a couple weeks!

Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight
haha thats what i hope lol.. is this the same piston/rod setup you ran with the fp black setup right?
On my Fp Black setup I ran the Map Rods/ Weisco HD1400 9:1 Motor. Different motor thats in the car now. Still was a solid setup, but nothing beats this motor

Originally Posted by asubennett
I bet, being that Stricly Modified set up this car originally, your double pumper has the feed line kit, meaning -6 feed and bigger return line as well. To the other guys point if you were on stock lines still I dont think you could have hit 850 on a tough reading Mustang dyno and yours appears to be.
A lot has been changed man lol, Rebuilt and done some things different. But yes feed line kit and bigger return line. Saw your car on the SM facebook, looks awesome! Good luck this year

Originally Posted by B^t
nice updates..........
Thank you!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Took the car out on the street a little while ago for a pull and man this thing is nuts! lol. Car is definetly ready for the track. Car sounds and pulls so much better/faster then the 6765. Its a beast and a blast to drive. Cant wait to bring it to the track

Heres the Dyno sheet from Friday night:

Old Apr 9, 2012, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Took the car out on the street a little while ago for a pull and man this thing is nuts! lol. Car is definetly ready for the track. Car sounds and pulls so much better/faster then the 6765. Its a beast and a blast to drive. Cant wait to bring it to the track

Heres the Dyno sheet from Friday night:

Congrats man that powerband is sick!!! Hows she feel on the street? You should have no problems grabbing that 8 sec slip. Best of luck to you and the junkbox
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Joey can't wait to get the car on the track, it's gonna be rowdy. Can't wait to see the Junkbox with her chute on
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Curious what shop you have doing the cage? Is it going to be certified to 8.50? I hate to do it, but I may eventually need to get a cage as well. Post plenty of pics once its done
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redrocket03
Congrats man that powerband is sick!!! Hows she feel on the street? You should have no problems grabbing that 8 sec slip. Best of luck to you and the junkbox
Thanks Man! Car is ridiculous on the street. What a difference from the end of last season. Car just spun all 4 up to about 8800 lol. It was only 50 degrees outside and i was on my somewhat bald Nitto 555R drag radials but it was nuts. Shes definetly ready for the track!

Originally Posted by powered4B11
Joey can't wait to get the car on the track, it's gonna be rowdy. Can't wait to see the Junkbox with her chute on
Thanks Chris! I cant wait either, track day real soon!

Originally Posted by Creamo3
Curious what shop you have doing the cage? Is it going to be certified to 8.50? I hate to do it, but I may eventually need to get a cage as well. Post plenty of pics once its done
A local shop is doing it for me. It will be a 10 point chromale cage with shute mount. I believe it is going to be certified to 8.50. I hate to do it to, but how fast im going if something happens i can be in trouble. Ill still take it out on the street and stuff, ill just have the cage in the car. Ill take plenty of pics when its done
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Congrats on the new found power. Boostin Performance is doing a great job!

Glad to see you make a safety conscious decision and get the car caged. I know it's not an easy decision but if something happens at 160+ it will give you a chance at survival. Good luck on hitting your goals, we have no doubt you will get there. Once you do then set another one
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SparkTech
Congrats on the new found power. Boostin Performance is doing a great job!

Glad to see you make a safety conscious decision and get the car caged. I know it's not an easy decision but if something happens at 160+ it will give you a chance at survival. Good luck on hitting your goals, we have no doubt you will get there. Once you do then set another one
Thank you Sir! Devin and Boostin has done a great job. Hard work and dedication is paying off and I can't thank them enough. We cant wait till first track day.

I needed to get some safety equipment. The track officials were looking at me like i was nuts and i dont want to get hassled and tracks anymore. Got a great deal on a 10 point chromale cage with the shute mount so decided to get it done. Im going to paint the interior and the cage so its going to come out pretty awesome. Stay tuned for pics of it and all next week!

Last edited by Evosick2332; Apr 10, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
This is out of left field but what spark plug gap are you running?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
that beast is over 800whp for a long time.. i bet the top end feels wild.

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!