Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
STM's car was also dynod in 4th gear
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long till you hit the track bud? I can't wait to see what it runs! Ill be ready in june!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ I'm hoping i can get to the track next weekend if weather cooperates. I'm painting the interior this whole week after i pick up the car so im sure ill have enough time before the weekend it just comes down to weather. Ill keep everyone updated this week, plus with pics of the car complete with cage and shute!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
Remember spool up goes hand and hand with when the dyno pull was started.

Good point

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
^ I'm hoping i can get to the track next weekend if weather cooperates. I'm painting the interior this whole week after i pick up the car so im sure ill have enough time before the weekend it just comes down to weather. Ill keep everyone updated this week, plus with pics of the car complete with cage and shute!
Excited to see results!

Last edited by jeffbeagley; Apr 22, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Stay Tuned everyone!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 07:57 PM

This is worse than waiting for Christmas to get here damn I can't wait to see this thing go down the track
Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffbeagley
First off, just read this entire thread and this build is just beautiful! Looks like our setups may be quite similar.. Dropping my car off at Toxic Fab in a few months to get a few things done. I do have a question for you though.. I noticed on the STM 6766 kit their graph shows the turbo spooling around 4-5k but yours is 5-6k. Is that due to maybe a larger hotside, tuning or the FF manifold? Just curious.. Either way I'm still going with the 6766!

Good luck shooting for 8s man and keep it up!
The STM car was running a Skunk 2 manifold compared to Joey’s AMS F1. The Skunk 2 manifold would make for better spool, along with the fact that Joey’s car was dynoed in 3rd compared to STM's pulls in 4th.
Devin
Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redrocket03
This is worse than waiting for Christmas to get here damn I can't wait to see this thing go down the track
LOL same here man, im getting anxious to get the car back from the chassis shop. I was watching some videos last night and made me want to get to the track ASAP! Car will be back to me mid this week then interior and cage painting begins. Im hoping the weather is decent next weekend to make it to the track. If not, the following weekend 100 percent i will be there ready to roll!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL same here man, im getting anxious to get the car back from the chassis shop. I was watching some videos last night and made me want to get to the track ASAP! Car will be back to me mid this week then interior and cage painting begins. Im hoping the weather is decent next weekend to make it to the track. If not, the following weekend 100 percent i will be there ready to roll!
Skip the paint bro.. just adds more weight Just throw the seat back in and go
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
Skip the paint bro.. just adds more weight Just throw the seat back in and go
The painting might have to hold off for a little bit so i can get to the track lol Will see how things go, it shouldnt take that long to do the interior. I just want it to come out nice and not looking all jacked up. Ill keep everyone updated this week with pics and what not. Ill be sure to let everyone know the first track day
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

The painting might have to hold off for a little bit so i can get to the track lol Will see how things go, it shouldnt take that long to do the interior. I just want it to come out nice and not looking all jacked up. Ill keep everyone updated this week with pics and what not. Ill be sure to let everyone know the first track day
I hear ya on not wanting the interior to look jacked up but you drive RACE CAR now!! You don't need no stinkin' interior!!!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

I hear ya on not wanting the interior to look jacked up but you drive RACE CAR now!! You don't need no stinkin' interior!!!
+10000000 You trailer it to the track any way might as well go full race car. Lol. jk bud, cant wait to see it in action at the track!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Some can say i dont need an interior but the car will still have most of the interior. Headliner, carpeting, panels etc. I will be driving this car on the street a lot this year. To me its race car/street car

Originally Posted by GGevo921
+10000000 You trailer it to the track any way might as well go full race car. Lol. jk bud, cant wait to see it in action at the track!
Dont make me drive it to the track and run 8s and drive back Tyler lol. Im stoked man, should have a bunch of pics shortly of the car with the cage and shute. Getting anxious to get out to the track already lol.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Some can say i dont need an interior but the car will still have most of the interior. Headliner, carpeting, panels etc. I will be driving this car on the street a lot this year. To me its race car/street car

Dont make me drive it to the track and run 8s and drive back Tyler lol. Im stoked man, should have a bunch of pics shortly of the car with the cage and shute. Getting anxious to get out to the track already lol.
You need to do this at least once just to say you did it To me, that's one of the coolest things about the Evo- it doesn't have to be a trailer queen in order to run amazing times. That's not true for a lot of cars.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

You need to do this at least once just to say you did it To me, that's one of the coolest things about the Evo- it doesn't have to be a trailer queen in order to run amazing times. That's not true for a lot of cars.
I plan to do it sometime this year Last year i drove the car on the street all the time. One night I even drove it all the way down to downtown Chicago for a cruise and the car was perfectly fine. Sometime this year, ill try to make it happen. Byron and GLD are about 1 hour and 20 minutes away from me. But thats towing the car, im sure i can make it faster driving there.

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!