Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UPDATE!!!

Car is still at the chassis shop getting the cage done. I got a call from them yesterday saying they will be a couple days delayed. Which is not that big of a deal because the weather in Chicago this weekend wont be the best and probably wont be able to prep and paint the interior. Car might be ready Friday, but if not it will be for sure early next week. I am going to take a ride over there tomorrow to see the progress and ill make sure i take some pics! Stay tuned!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian0611
I hear ya on not wanting the interior to look jacked up but you drive RACE CAR now!! You don't need no stinkin' interior!!!
Hey, this is what separates just another gutted drag car, vs a nice, well put together drag car that can run on the street, somewhat comfortably lol.

Take your time Joey, but def. paint the interior. Thats what I enjoy, is cars that move fast, yet are still a pleasure to look at.

You bringing your drag radials to the shootout? You should let me throw them on for a pass that weekend! haha
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tsidrift1
Hey, this is what separates just another gutted drag car, vs a nice, well put together drag car that can run on the street, somewhat comfortably lol.

Take your time Joey, but def. paint the interior. Thats what I enjoy, is cars that move fast, yet are still a pleasure to look at.

You bringing your drag radials to the shootout? You should let me throw them on for a pass that weekend! haha
I am def taking my time with painting the interior and making it look good. It shouldnt take to long, but i will get it done before next weekend and it will come out awesome. I will take a bunch of pics!

And i agree with you 100 percent, my car will be comfortable and well put together for a drag car/street car. Cant wait to finish it up and get to the track next weekend

I might be selling the CCWs actually with the Nitto Drag radials, you interested?? If i do end up keeping them, im not sure ill bring them to the shootout. Maybe ill theow them in the trailer!
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!!!

Well its been a little while since i gave everyone some updates. The car was delayed a few days at the chassis shop but i am picking it up Wednesday night or Thursday. I havent been there to check it out at all from being busy and gone a whole week for work. After picking up the car, its going straight to my house to get the interior ready for paint. I will be painting the interior myself with a couple buddies. We are going to take some time on it and make sure it comes out perfect. The cage doesnt come painted so were doing the cage, floor, and trunk area Gloss Black. It will all flow pretty nice since my car is black

My tires should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. My goal is to get everything done and hoping to hit the track this weekend. I still need my carbon fiber trunk which im ordering next week. I would like to go this weekend to make a few passes. There's still some minor weight reduction i want to do along with the trunk but im anxious to get out there. If the weather cooperates I plan to go for a few hours to get the car dialed in and make some passes. I'm stoked to go and if I go i am going for that 8 second pass no matter what. If it doesnt happen, ill do the things i planned to do and go back the next weekend Stay tuned for before and after pics in a few days!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

We will paint the cage saturday-race sunday
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
Race Sunday! Who needs paint, go race it Saturday and paint sunday Things are coming along nicely joey, can't wait to finally see junkbox put and 8 on the board Keep the pictures coming!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
Yes sirr!! I am going to start on it Thursday night and Friday. Its going to take me awhile to mask everything off lol.

Originally Posted by GGevo921
Race Sunday! Who needs paint, go race it Saturday and paint sunday Things are coming along nicely joey, can't wait to finally see junkbox put and 8 on the board Keep the pictures coming!
Lol at first I wasnt going to do the interior until after the track but I would rather go to the track when its 100 percent ready. It will look a lot nicer Thanks for the kind words Tyler! 8s coming soon stay tuned!!
Old May 2, 2012, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

QUICK UPDATE!!!

I ordered my new slicks on Monday. I was told they were shipping out Yesterday (Tuesday). They said they will arive in 3-4 days so im hoping i get them before the weekend. I ordered the M/H 24.5" Slicks. Since i went with the 4.11 drive trans, it was time for me to get the 24.5" slicks.

I was planning on going to the track to make a few passes thus weekend it just all depends when i get my slicks in. The car is still at the chassis shop but i am picking it up tonight or tomorrow. I will be sure to post up plenty of pics.

So far that is the newest update. This friday i will be painting the cage and interior for the car. If the weather is nice Saturday night i will take it for a little cruise. Stay tuned till tomorrow!
Old May 6, 2012, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Joey can't wait to see the car finished. The car is going to look sick with the cage in it. Time to do some painting this week
Old May 9, 2012, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!!!

This is a long overdue update. I stepped away from the thread because there was no new updates to give. The car has been at the chassis shop for about a month. Its been delayed 2 weeks and was getting kind of frustrated. However, i went to the shop today and the car is almost done! I am picking up the car tomorrow night and im excited to get the car back. I snapped a few pics off my iphone but nothing special. I will have more pics when i get the car back to my house. When i got home from work today, my new 24.5" M/H slicks were there waiting for me! This weekend i am going to start the painting of the cage and interior. Weather Friday is supposed to be 77 Degrees and sunny so im taking the car out for a little crusie. Saturday after im done playing golf in the morning, i will start masking everything off and get it ready to go Here's a few pics of the cage and the last pic is a quick pic of the Slicks. Stay tuned for more, track next weekend!

I had them put on some aluminum in the back of the car. The aluminum is not wavy at all it is just the paper on it and the pic. That will be painted black as well and should look really nice.

Slicks:

Old May 9, 2012, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cage is looking good
Old May 9, 2012, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Remember the slicks are directional when you have them mounted

Looking great man. I should have my car up and running Sunday. My new trans is finally done!
Old May 10, 2012, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Cage is looking good
Thanks Bud! Ill have final pics of it painted real soon. Ill take a couple more snaps later today with the chute on the car

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
Remember the slicks are directional when you have them mounted

Looking great man. I should have my car up and running Sunday. My new trans is finally done!
Thanks for the heads up Chris! Knowing me i probably wouldve totally ignored that haha.

Good to hear man! Time for us to get to the track, nice weather is here!
Old May 10, 2012, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Cage Looks awesome and the Aluminum Firewall came out nice! Ill be putting one of those in shortly. Looks like it is almost time for JunkBox To hit the track! Keep the updates coming! Glad to see everything coming together for you!
Old May 10, 2012, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GGevo921
Cage Looks awesome and the Aluminum Firewall came out nice! Ill be putting one of those in shortly. Looks like it is almost time for JunkBox To hit the track! Keep the updates coming! Glad to see everything coming together for you!
Thanks Tyler! Appreciate it man! Cage came out awesome, im anxious to get everything painted and complete. Stay tuned!

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!