Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012 | 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Il never be able to beat you in the 1/4 mile, but il beat your azz in golf. lol. Good luck with the car.
Old May 10, 2012 | 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RLLN247
Il never be able to beat you in the 1/4 mile, but il beat your azz in golf. lol. Good luck with the car.
Thank you sirr! Golf is my first passion. I played in high school, went to state, full ride to a D2 school in Florida. I have played all around the country and was ranked 5th in the country for my age division. I dont play in that many tournaments anymore. Next spring, i am actually going to try to qualify for a couple nationwide tournaments. I want to be a pro, but i will never know unless i try right? Dont ask me how i got into Evos lol. A friend told me about them and the rest is history hahaha.
Old May 10, 2012 | 11:17 AM
Account Disabled

Cage looks great man! I am definitely interested in seeing the weight of the car once everything is done!
Old May 10, 2012 | 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
Cage looks great man! I am definitely interested in seeing the weight of the car once everything is done!
With the weight savings im doing plus the weight of the cage when everything is done im looking forward to seeing what it is also. I am weighing the car at the first track day if it is open. Same place where i weighed the car last season. Anywhere is the low 2600s or high 2500s is fine by me (without me in it)
Old May 10, 2012 | 04:11 PM

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! This is incredible!!!
Old May 10, 2012 | 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Thank you sirr! Golf is my first passion. I played in high school, went to state, full ride to a D2 school in Florida. I have played all around the country and was ranked 5th in the country for my age division. I dont play in that many tournaments anymore. Next spring, i am actually going to try to qualify for a couple nationwide tournaments. I want to be a pro, but i will never know unless i try right? Dont ask me how i got into Evos lol. A friend told me about them and the rest is history hahaha.

i think my friend played at a D2 school in florida.. his name is Jeb buchhanan.. know him?

lookin good tho brotha!!
Old May 10, 2012 | 04:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Weather Friday is supposed to be 77 Degrees and sunny so im taking the car out for a little cruise.
Stop by tomorrow Joey, and I'll cruise with you.
I wanna check out the cage
Kristin
Old May 10, 2012 | 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YoungGrunt
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! This is incredible!!!
Thank you sir!!

Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight
i think my friend played at a D2 school in florida.. his name is Jeb buchhanan.. know him?

lookin good tho brotha!!
Thanks Bud! I have not heard of him. What part if Florida is he from? I played in a ton of tournaments all over in Florida. I might know him, but the name doesn't sound familiar.

Originally Posted by Boostin Perform
Stop by tomorrow Joey, and I'll cruise with you.
I wanna check out the cage
Kristin
Kristin I might make the Trip up to u guys tomorrow. I'll keep ya posted
Old May 10, 2012 | 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Joey the cage looks great. Can't wait to go for a cruise tmrw in the Junk Box . Can't wait to see what times the car lays down
Old May 10, 2012 | 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by powered4B11
Joey the cage looks great. Can't wait to go for a cruise tmrw in the Junk Box . Can't wait to see what times the car lays down
Cant wait either man, track real soon!

More pics to come tomorrow of the car. Im going to clean it up and take a few more snaps. Stay tuned!
Old May 10, 2012 | 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Looking great so far, cage looks good.

But my god your signature is excessive. Quite annoying in fact...
Old May 10, 2012 | 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Lookin good!!!
Old May 11, 2012 | 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Looking great so far, cage looks good.

But my god your signature is excessive. Quite annoying in fact...
Thank you! My signature was kinda big, i made it a little smaller. I dont know why it would be annoying. It's all of my times and goals i have done in the past. 8s to be on there also

Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
Lookin good!!!
Thank you sirr!
Old May 11, 2012 | 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for sharing the pics Joey!

Please don't take this the wrong way but is there a reason for the extensive bars in the rear of the car? I don't think i've ever seen a cage done like that? Looks like a road race style lol but i'm sure it's very safe back there.

I would think that you would be keeping things to a minimum for weight savings.......either way it came out nice and i'm anxious to see the rest of it (front section and chute mount) when you have it all done up!

I too will be making a note of what Chris said about the M&H slicks as i may try mine out when the car is ready.....thanks again for the heads up Chris
Old May 11, 2012 | 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Thanks for sharing the pics Joey!

Please don't take this the wrong way but is there a reason for the extensive bars in the rear of the car? I don't think i've ever seen a cage done like that? Looks like a road race style lol but i'm sure it's very safe back there.

I would think that you would be keeping things to a minimum for weight savings.......either way it came out nice and i'm anxious to see the rest of it (front section and chute mount) when you have it all done up!

I too will be making a note of what Chris said about the M&H slicks as i may try mine out when the car is ready.....thanks again for the heads up Chris
Hey Pat,

Since this was the first cage i have ever done in a car. I really to be honest didnt know what to expect. The company who did my cage only does certified cages. He works on mostly muscle cars, dragsters, pro-stock everything. I got asked the same question but to me it doesnt look excessive compared to others ive seen. If im doing a cage, i am doing it right ya know.

The excess bars by the rear windows i guess is just how they do it. I asked them there what do they think this cage weighs in the car and he told me 65 pounds. It is chromeoly and is certified to 8.50s. I think all companies do it a different way. I will say though it turned out amazing. I am leaving actually right now to go pick it up. I am going to give it a bath and will take some pics for you guys Stay tuned!!

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!