Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=Evosick2332;9775695]Thanks Man! Im checking yours as well, cant wait for the new season Im about to post some pics of the progress today. Starting to send stuff out nextg week!

You and Jason work fast. Looking forward to meeting you guys this year, probably at the Buschur Shootout or maybe ill drive out there for a weekend of racing in the spring Want to lend me your motor for my build lol But looks great, i cant wait to see the new turbo and diff. BTW what size Intercooler piping are you running, i noticed the end tanks on the intercooler alot bigger than the piping and how big of a filter can you fit on that turbo with the toxicfab FF manifold? Updates on my build coming soon!
Old Nov 26, 2011, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who says racecar drivers do not work on their own cars

Tyler, we do work fast! We got the Rear diff out, turbo kit off and even mocked up some shutters for Evo 9s All before dinner hahaha. The Intercooler is a 2.5in Licp in 3in uicp out.

Glad I could help you out Joey, cant wait to see the Junkbox with some new parts!
Old Nov 26, 2011, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

fastest junk ive ever seen lol nice ride
Old Nov 26, 2011, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8

Tyler, we do work fast! We got the Rear diff out, turbo kit off and even mocked up some shutters for Evo 9s All before dinner hahaha. The Intercooler is a 2.5in Licp in 3in uicp out.

Glad I could help you out Joey, cant wait to see the Junkbox with some new parts!
Thanks for the help today Jason! We got the diff and turbo kit off real quick! Can't wait for the 6766 to get here

Originally Posted by danextreyes7
fastest junk ive ever seen lol nice ride
Lol Thanks man
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Here another pic of me launching at the Shootout. This was on the Mivec Head when i was having issues there. But still had a great time!

It looks like you were on your way to get some 8s right there! lol. Go get em next season Joey.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8

I cant wait for those shutters Jason Going to have to clean up my front bumper now for some nice pictures since its covered in dust. lol. I get to pull my turbo kit again since i decided to change to Toxicfab FF manifold. Wish i had you and Joey to help id be done before breafeast lol. Why the diference the in the intercooler pipe size and not have both be the same?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lillev23
It looks like you were on your way to get some 8s right there! lol. Go get em next season Joey.
Thanks Bud! At the shootout the car came out decent. But it was having mis firing issues. Still was a good time. Best pass at the shootout was 9.6@153. Cant wait for the spring!

Originally Posted by GGevo921
I cant wait for those shutters Jason Going to have to clean up my front bumper now for some nice pictures since its covered in dust. lol. I get to pull my turbo kit again since i decided to change to Toxicfab FF manifold. Wish i had you and Joey to help id be done before breafeast lol. Why the diference the in the intercooler pipe size and not have both be the same?
You will like the shutters alot. Jason does a great job on them. We would come out and help, it just sucks that your so far away hahaha. The filter size on the turbo i forgot the exact size. Its K&N but I forgot the size. Ill get you the size in a few. The intercooler pipe size doesnt have to be the same on both sides. Mine is 2.5" lower outlet and 3" Upper oulet. You can order it like that. I ordered mine straight from Mike @ ETS and it included the couplers and everything
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

You will like the shutters alot. Jason does a great job on them. We would come out and help, it just sucks that your so far away hahaha. The filter size on the turbo i forgot the exact size. Its K&N but I forgot the size. Ill get you the size in a few. The intercooler pipe size doesnt have to be the same on both sides. Mine is 2.5" lower outlet and 3" Upper oulet. You can order it like that. I ordered mine straight from Mike @ ETS and it included the couplers and everything
Do you notice any differences with it like that way Joey. Does having 2.5 in and 3 out make any differences in how the powerband shifts or peak numbers or under the curve? Just curious, as im going to be doing some experimenting myself. And i know i wish it wasnt a 13 hour drive. I timed my trip home from when i bought my car from kunal and he was about a hour west of chicago. And that was with only 3 stops no longer than 5 mins. But it was also pooring the whole way home and people were going like 40. lol. But maybe i can make it out for some racing in spring for a weekend. And Joey i appreciate the info on the filter, i want to be able to drive the car on the road as well. And i cant wait for the shutters they look amazing from the photos. Keep me posted on the build, cant wait to see the new numbers you put down!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Do you notice any differences with it like that way Joey. Does having 2.5 in and 3 out make any differences in how the powerband shifts or peak numbers or under the curve? Just curious, as im going to be doing some experimenting myself. And i know i wish it wasnt a 13 hour drive. I timed my trip home from when i bought my car from kunal and he was about a hour west of chicago. And that was with only 3 stops no longer than 5 mins. But it was also pooring the whole way home and people were going like 40. lol. But maybe i can make it out for some racing in spring for a weekend. And Joey i appreciate the info on the filter, i want to be able to drive the car on the road as well. And i cant wait for the shutters they look amazing from the photos. Keep me posted on the build, cant wait to see the new numbers you put down!
I honestly dont see any differences in it. Maybe the lower pipe but a lot of fast cars do not run a 3" upper compared to the 2.5". I just got it because i got a awesome deal on it. But i guess i can say it cant hurt ya know.

If you make it out to Chi-town let me know man! Go bring our cars to the track and have some fun! The Filter is a must. It will protect your turbo and motor. I forgot to get the size for you but when i get home from work tomorrow ill get you the size. I hope to have some more updates shortly!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

I honestly dont see any differences in it. Maybe the lower pipe but a lot of fast cars do not run a 3" upper compared to the 2.5". I just got it because i got a awesome deal on it. But i guess i can say it cant hurt ya know.

If you make it out to Chi-town let me know man! Go bring our cars to the track and have some fun! The Filter is a must. It will protect your turbo and motor. I forgot to get the size for you but when i get home from work tomorrow ill get you the size. I hope to have some more updates shortly!
Thanks for all the info bud. I appreciate it. And i know i was like i dont want to have to tow my car everywhere. I will do my best to make it out. Going to do some testing and and track days with Adam @ dynotech in spring. Great crew out there but ill get my schedule together and hit you up and see if we can coordinate a weekend of racing fun Who knows maybe even Jason will have his car done.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the info bud. I appreciate it. And i know i was like i dont want to have to tow my car everywhere. I will do my best to make it out. Going to do some testing and and track days with Adam @ dynotech in spring. Great crew out there but ill get my schedule together and hit you up and see if we can coordinate a weekend of racing fun Who knows maybe even Jason will have his car done.
Sounds good to me man! Jasons car will be done by April as well. He told me parts are coming in! I'll be checking your thread daily as well, cant wait to see more updates!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 07:24 AM

freaking siiiccck
Old Nov 28, 2011, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yellowcr
freaking siiiccck
Thanks Bud!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!

Well last Friday i sold my new 6765 that i had laying around for a while. Im glad to see that go. Also today I sold my Stock Seats to a local buddy of mine. I am going to the NRG Carbon seats Very light, comfortable and from what i hear a lot of people like them.

Im sending the diff and turbo out next week to get refreshed/redone. The new seats hopefully ill be picking up this weekend! Everything is starting to come together slowly. After the 1st of the year the car goes in for the 10 point chromale cage and shute mount. That will take about a week or 2. After the cage is done, then it goes to Devin @ Boostin to build the trans with the 4.11 gearing with a fresh clutch. Then finish up the car and fire it up. I can have the car running asap if needed to, but since its winter i dont want to rush it. Car will be running early march near my birthday which gives me a month before the track opens! Stay tuned!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!

Well last Friday i sold my new 6765 that i had laying around for a while. Im glad to see that go. Also today I sold my Stock Seats to a local buddy of mine. I am going to the NRG Carbon seats Very light, comfortable and from what i hear a lot of people like them.

Im sending the diff and turbo out next week to get refreshed/redone. The new seats hopefully ill be picking up this weekend! Everything is starting to come together slowly. After the 1st of the year the car goes in for the 10 point chromale cage and shute mount. That will take about a week or 2. After the cage is done, then it goes to Devin @ Boostin to build the trans with the 4.11 gearing with a fresh clutch. Then finish up the car and fire it up. I can have the car running asap if needed to, but since its winter i dont want to rush it. Car will be running early march near my birthday which gives me a month before the track opens! Stay tuned!
Dam Joey does that mean not only am i going to have to look at the back of your car the whole way down the track but now you can throw a shute at me. lol i better launch early so i make you run me down. lol I guess ill be buying the beer in spring.

NRG seats i wanted those, there awesome, you still going to be running full interior? Cant wait to see more pictures especially of the cage and New Turbo. LMK on the slicks. look forward to more updates!

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!