Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012 | 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo03Rt
Sick cars man we definitally got to cruise when i get mine from boostin!!!!!!
For sure man! Im down anytime just let me know!
Old Jul 6, 2012 | 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!!!

Been awhile since ive brought any new updates to this thread. Yesterday, i fired up the Junk Box and drove it around my neighborhood. It has been sitting in the garage for some time just started often and thought i should take it for a spin. After driving it around for a little bit that got me thinking that its time to bring her back to the track!

Sunday I might be heading out to GLD which is the same track i went 8s at a few weeks ago. There's an even going on, but there is T&T and weather is supposed to be a high of 81 degrees which isnt bad at all. There will be a few of us going and it looks like im going to make it. Im going back to the track with NO changes to the car. Get a little bit more seat time in the car and hope for some more 8 second passes! I took a quick pic of the car, nothing special! Thought i would share. Stay tuned for more results!

Old Jul 6, 2012 | 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

**** yea man. Let me know what time you go I'll be there for sure OT...what was the best time you pulled with the fp black?
Old Jul 6, 2012 | 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by white8
**** yea man. Let me know what time you go I'll be there for sure OT...what was the best time you pulled with the fp black?
Will do man ill keep everyone posted. On the Fp Black setup i ran the best time of 9.76@142 and the best MPH of 147. I was on a 9:1 motor with the FP5R cams on E85. Fp Black was a fun turbo, it was good at the track and on the street
Old Jul 7, 2012 | 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!!!

Going back to the track tomorrow everyone. I am going back the same exact way when i ran 8.9 a few weeks ago. I havent got around to doing the changes i want to do but plan on doing them before the shootout. I'm just looking forward to getting the car out again and have some fun and launch the car lol. Car has a lot more room to go but rather push it more at the Shootout. I am still going tomorrow in plan on going quicker. Ill keep everyone updated as much as possible. Stay tuned!!

Old Jul 8, 2012 | 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck bro, hoping to see some videos of some 8 second passes.

Old Jul 8, 2012 | 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Well i just got back from the track. I first have to say it was a fun day. We were pretty much there all day at GLD. It was cool because they had the FD Nationals there and got to see some crazy fast hondas and FWD cars go down the track. The temperture was a lot warmer then they said it was going to be. Sun was beating all day but it was still a fun day to go. Now onto the Junk Box.

With it being hot today, the track temperture was a 128 degrees which is pretty hot on that track. There was about a 20-30MPH headwind. I made a total of 4 passes throughout the day. Kristin @ Boostin has the videos which we will get uploaded soon so i can share with everyone.

First pass right off the trailer: 9.15@157. Took it easy first pass off the trailer, kinda short shifted 2nd.

Second pass: 9.14@161.

Third pass: 9.19@161. Out of the groove on this pass, but stayed in it.

Final pass: 9.10@157. Switched lanes, car was all over the place but still managed a decent pass.

Overall it was a consistent and fun day. The car is still have bouncing issues and the car is spinning. The last couple passes there was smoke just pouring for the slicks. The car on most of the passes was all over. I honestly just think it was the track. Im going to maybe get some different rear springs for the car to try something different but maybe it was just the temp and track conditions today. Track conditions change each day along with the temp but it was still fun to get out and launch the car. Thanks to Devin and the Boostin crew for the support and help today. Car is a blast and consistent as hell. Cant wait for us to get back to the track!

Going to go back in a couple weeks to a different track. I know the car will go 8.8s. But at least i got the 8 second pass monkey off my back Cant wait to get back out there soon. Shootout cant come soon enough! Stay tuned everyone!
Old Jul 8, 2012 | 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Damn that sounds like a fun day. Four 9sec passes and nothing broke. I'd kilk for that kind of reliability lol
Old Jul 9, 2012 | 05:59 AM

Hey Joey,

Was awesome getting to meet you, Devin & Roman yesterday & see the car in person tear up the track! Sick ride and you will defiantly get your 8.8 run once you get the suspension sorted out. Good luck at the shootout!

Dan
Old Jul 9, 2012 | 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lude2evo
Damn that sounds like a fun day. Four 9sec passes and nothing broke. I'd kilk for that kind of reliability lol
lol I guess its true, you have to admire consistency lol It was fun yesterday. I dont think the track liked me. Car was all over the place but i still had a blast and managed some good consistent times. We are going back out soon

Originally Posted by SlyMR8
Hey Joey,

Was awesome getting to meet you, Devin & Roman yesterday & see the car in person tear up the track! Sick ride and you will defiantly get your 8.8 run once you get the suspension sorted out. Good luck at the shootout!

Dan
Hey Dan,

Thanks man and it was nice to meet you as well! I think with some tweaks and a little suspension adjustments 8.8s are in the car as well. Plus the car is no where near maxed out. There is room and boost and in the tune. Cant wait to get back out there!
Old Jul 9, 2012 | 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

You sure are consistent! Have you ever thought of using STM's drag coil overs?
Old Jul 9, 2012 | 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIIIAj
You sure are consistent! Have you ever thought of using STM's drag coil overs?
I am running the AWD D2s Coilovers right now and were thinking about changing the rear springs to something different. I am going to back out to a different track and see if it was just bad track conditions yesterday but i highly doubt it. Me and Devin@ Boostin agree on the same thing so will take plan of action ASAP.
Old Jul 11, 2012 | 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Here's a compilation video of the Junk box and the Red Demon Boostin made from the track this past Sunday! Thanks Guys!

Best pass of the day 9.10@157. Car was spinning and all over the place this day but still managed some good consistent times. 128 track temps and 25MPH head wind. Ill take being this consistent. Going to make a few tweaks and go back to the track once more before the EVO/DSM Shootout! Stay tuned!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0uXi...ature=youtu.be
Old Jul 11, 2012 | 01:39 PM

This is rad!
Old Jul 11, 2012 | 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Here's a compilation video of the Junk box and the Red Demon Boostin made from the track this past Sunday! Thanks Guys!

Best pass of the day 9.10@157. Car was spinning and all over the place this day but still managed some good consistent times. 128 track temps and 25MPH head wind. Ill take being this consistent. Going to make a few tweaks and go back to the track once more before the EVO/DSM Shootout! Stay tuned!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0uXi...ature=youtu.be
Cool to see it again sick!!!! Once that beast sticks it straight back to running 8's!!!

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!