Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011 | 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Nice joey, I can't wait to see it again next spring. I told Jason I'm gonna have to meet up.with you guys next year. my car will finally be done. I get my 6266 on Friday. :-) keep us updated.
Old Nov 30, 2011 | 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GGevo921
Dam Joey does that mean not only am i going to have to look at the back of your car the whole way down the track but now you can throw a shute at me. lol i better launch early so i make you run me down. lol I guess ill be buying the beer in spring.

NRG seats i wanted those, there awesome, you still going to be running full interior? Cant wait to see more pictures especially of the cage and New Turbo. LMK on the slicks. look forward to more updates!
Cant wait man for spring man. Def need to get a lot of videos of our cars going down the track NRG seats i hear are awesome. I decided to go with them because everyone who has them say they love them.

I will still be running full interior besides the back seats. But i am still going to have the door panels, carpet, glass, etc. I believe the car will go 8s the way it sits weight wise. Its still pretty light. When i get home from work i need to take out the seats. Ill get the filter measurements and freight cost on the slicks

Originally Posted by Wickedwhite8
Nice joey, I can't wait to see it again next spring. I told Jason I'm gonna have to meet up.with you guys next year. my car will finally be done. I get my 6266 on Friday. :-) keep us updated.
Nice bud! Looks like me you and jason will be tearing up the tracks next season along with Tyler I cant wait till i get the 6766. Ill keep you guys updated for sure!
Old Nov 30, 2011 | 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Joey, no rush though my car cant move any faster than yours can at the moment even if it has slicks on it I guess im going to have to pic up a go pro camera to get some good shots at the track.

And def need to do some racing against each other, competition always pushes me to be better at anything especially racing. Might just give us both the edge we need to reach our goals and set some records. Just hope your local track is ready to handle all our evos in spring
Old Nov 30, 2011 | 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Joey, no rush though my car cant move any faster than yours can at the moment even if it has slicks on it I guess im going to have to pic up a go pro camera to get some good shots at the track.

And def need to do some racing against each other, competition always pushes me to be better at anything especially racing. Might just give us both the edge we need to reach our goals and set some records. Just hope your local track is ready to handle all our evos in spring
No Prob bud! Both our cars are crawlin right now lol even with the slicks on it But its all good, will be back up and running soon!

Competition pushes me to do better also. Helped me in sports my whole life and i can say racing does the same for me too. So maybe the pass we race each other we reach our goals of 9 and 8 sec passes The tracks better be ready hahaha
Old Nov 30, 2011 | 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Don't forget about me!!! haha
Old Nov 30, 2011 | 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dtrackstar
Don't forget about me!!! haha
And Demetri haha How did ur last track day go bro?
Old Nov 30, 2011 | 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

haha Thanks!

Not too good. :/ All-seasons did not grip at all. I was spinning all of 1st and a little of 2nd. It was way too cold and had 20+mph headwind. I probably should have not gone between the wind and cold. Best run was an 11.8 at around 119. (PR in MPH) with a 1.8x 60 foot

To put in perspective, I ran an 11.6 at 116 or so with a 1.64 60 foot at the shootout. So the car is definitely making more power now, even on e70 compared to the e85 times at the shootout.

I think at this power and weight with the addition of the qtps I should be hitting 10s and that's my goal
Old Nov 30, 2011 | 12:01 PM
Account Disabled

I have a pair of NRG seats in my car, no sliders. They are bolted to the car with BR seat lowering brackets. NRG seat with BR lowering brackets come in at 15 lbs each. Sliders add a couple lbs to that. Hard to beat NRG seats for the weight savings & price. I enjoy the NRG seats, I drove 8 hrs each way down to North Carolina for the Southeast Faceoff & I have no complaints.

Joey, delete that damn PS cooler tube behind the FMIC. And get rid of that PS hardline that runs around the passenger side motor mount. Just run 3/8 fuel line from the bottom of the PS res to the steering rack.
Old Nov 30, 2011 | 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dtrackstar
haha Thanks!

Not too good. :/ All-seasons did not grip at all. I was spinning all of 1st and a little of 2nd. It was way too cold and had 20+mph headwind. I probably should have not gone between the wind and cold. Best run was an 11.8 at around 119. (PR in MPH) with a 1.8x 60 foot

To put in perspective, I ran an 11.6 at 116 or so with a 1.64 60 foot at the shootout. So the car is definitely making more power now, even on e70 compared to the e85 times at the shootout.

I think at this power and weight with the addition of the qtps I should be hitting 10s and that's my goal
Thats still great times for the weather being bad and the running the 18s QTPS will make the difference in getting that 10 sec pass for sure. Cant wait for next season man!

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
I have a pair of NRG seats in my car, no sliders. They are bolted to the car with BR seat lowering brackets. NRG seat with BR lowering brackets come in at 15 lbs each. Sliders add a couple lbs to that. Hard to beat NRG seats for the weight savings & price. I enjoy the NRG seats, I drove 8 hrs each way down to North Carolina for the Southeast Faceoff & I have no complaints.

Joey, delete that damn PS cooler tube behind the FMIC. And get rid of that PS hardline that runs around the passenger side motor mount. Just run 3/8 fuel line from the bottom of the PS res to the steering rack.
Yea i hear nothing but good things about these seats. This weekend or next weekend they will be ready to go in. I just need to get the lowering brackets and the sliders and the seats haha. My stock recaros are leaving today so im excited to get them. Im worried about what size i should get the seats. I hear there is small, medium, and large. I want to make sure there not too small ya know.

Yea i need to delete the PS cooler tube and hardline. Thats on my list also to do this winter!
Old Nov 30, 2011 | 12:19 PM
Account Disabled

I am 5'10" & 185-190lbs...I am pretty positive my seats are Medium...
Old Nov 30, 2011 | 01:15 PM
Account Disabled

You forgot one thing to add to your list joey, JDM Rear Bumper
Old Nov 30, 2011 | 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
I am 5'10" & 185-190lbs...I am pretty positive my seats are Medium...
Im the same weight but im 6ft but that should be good. I was leaning towards the medium anyway Thanks for the Info man.

Originally Posted by 1NastyMR
You forgot one thing to add to your list joey, JDM Rear Bumper
lol That too, that will be the last thing
Old Dec 1, 2011 | 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!

The Stock seats are sold! They were picked up from my buddy last night and now the car is seatless hahaha. Now i can work on getting the new seats for the Junk Box Im dropping off everything next week that needs to go out to get stuff going. Then after the first of the year. Trans with 4.11 gearin/ fresh clutch and 10 point cage and shute!

Car is in hibernation now untill January untill it goes on to Boostin for the Trans! Snapped a quick pic of the car. It is off my Iphone but im getting a lot of compliments on how sick the pic is. Ill let you guys be the judge of that! Stay tuned for more updates! Plan is to having it look just like that, when it makes it 8 sec pass!! Of course with the slicks on though haha

Old Dec 1, 2011 | 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

^ Joey car looks amazing, Not bad for the I phone, it takes just as good pics as my camera. lol guess time to upgrade that for next season. Ill be deleteing the PS as well, BJ sent me the same tip. lol Thanks for the advice BJ always welcome tips and advice.

Im not sure bud are you building a race car or a Show car to make it on a magazine. JK. Car looks great and i look forward to seeing it run 8s. Im feeling a 8.6 pass bud. PS if you want another advantage check out Curt brown's Ceramic Wheel Bearings.

Btw do i spy Jason's bumper shutters and mirror block off plates?
Old Dec 1, 2011 | 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

^ Joey car looks amazing, Not bad for the I phone, it takes just as good pics as my camera. lol guess time to upgrade that for next season. Ill be deleteing the PS as well, BJ sent me the same tip. lol Thanks for the advice BJ always welcome tips and advice.

Im not sure bud are you building a race car or a Show car to make it on a magazine. JK. Car looks great and i look forward to seeing it run 8s. Im feeling a 8.6 pass bud. PS if you want another advantage check out Curt brown's Ceramic Wheel Bearings.

Btw do i spy Jason's bumper shutters and mirror block off plates?
Thanks Brotha! Iphone does take some sick pics! I need to invest is a nice camera, maybe that will be a christmas present to myself haha!

Im building both hahaha To me a drag car should be clean and not hacked up. Theres way to go fast but be in style ya know. Outside will pretty much look the same in the spring. There will be just a shute hanging off the back

The shutters are from 9sec9.com. I have had them since last year. But i do have Jasons mirron block off plates I think i was the first one to have them on a car lol. They look sick in person, u will like yours!

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!