Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rotas?!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Yes, Rota Slipstreams 15"
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!!!

Hey Everyone. Well its been awhile since ive updated my thread. Not much has been going on. Been taking it easy for awhile planning on going back to the track with the Junk Box. I actually plan to be out this weekend at the track either Saturday or Sunday. Weather forecast looks very good with temps in the mid 80s and sunny. I want to go for a few passes. I am going to a diferent track this time where last year I ran my fastest and quickest time. I think the car will go 8.8s this weekend. But dont want to get to ahead of myself, i just like this track a lot and the car always hooks up and goes here. After this weekend the car will go back to Boostin for the trans and clutch job to re fresh before the DSM/EVO shootout in a few weeks. Cant wait to get down there

Got a few goodies done to my RS. Car has a MBC,Intake,Turboback exhaust, wideband. I ordered my new rims last week (RPF1s) and they came in today. My tires will be here tomorrow and there getting mounted and balanced. Ill have them on the car tomorrow and ill snap a couple pics. I also bought some Tein Lowering springs from my close buddy and im going to put these on the car as well. I know they are the lowest spring out there but i got a great deal on them and i might as well try it. Stay tuned for pics of the RS and results this weekend from the Junk Box!

Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

A few pics of the Junk Box from this past weekend!

Old Aug 8, 2012, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!! 8/8/12

It's been awhile since I was last in this thread. Havent had many updates with the Junk Box lately but i have a few now. Boostin and I are getting it ready for the Shootout. Devin is pulling the trans and we are going to re-fresh it along with a new re-build for the QM twin 8 leg!

We are going over the whole car to make sure its 110% ready for the shootout. Car has been running consistent. Car was down on power the last couple track outings and were getting that taken care of as well. Car will be running better then ever and were excited to bring it back to the track! My next track day will be next weekend at the Shootout. I dont have enough time before hand to get out there 1 last time.

I have a lot to do, bought some new tools for the trailer, a new cabinet for it and a bunch of new stuff. I am going to wash and wax the trailer and completly clean the inside of it. It needs it before this road trip! I made a list so i dont forget anything lol. I am going a day early to the Shootout. I will be there Wednesday night I have a new video that slanted J (jason) is putting together for me. I already seen a preview of it and man he knows what he's doing with a video camera lol. Cant wait to show everyone it, its a awesome video! Adding a few things and will make it public here shortly! Stay tuned everyone. Some pics below with more coming this next week!

Here's my DD IX RS. Put the new rims and suspension on a couple weeks ago!

Last edited by Evosick2332; Aug 8, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 08:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Car looks great Joey!

See you at the Shootout Wednesday night
Old Aug 8, 2012, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Andrew@AMS
Car looks great Joey!

See you at the Shootout Wednesday night
Thanks Andrew!

See you Wednesday night
Old Aug 8, 2012, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

I see a new personal best in your future SOON! Like maybe in Ohio 8 days!!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
I see a new personal best in your future SOON! Like maybe in Ohio 8 days!!
I sure hope so man! Thats where i plan on doing it! Next week man, cant wait!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get em Joey!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:17 AM

Are you going to be at the BW? I'm looking forward to seeing the Junk Box at the SO again!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Collin@ToxicFab
Get em Joey!

Originally Posted by edpettit_TSI
Are you going to be at the BW? I'm looking forward to seeing the Junk Box at the SO again!
Yes sir, ill be at the BW again. Will be there Wedneday, going a day early. Cant wait till next weekend man, been looking forward to the shootout for months now lol
Old Aug 8, 2012, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Been awhile since ive been through your thread bud, but the car looks like it is coming along nicely and i cant wait to see the changes you made for the shootout espicially if there is any weight coming out! Looking forward to seeing you go 8s in person! See you at the shootout in 8 days well be getting there thursday mid day!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GGevo921
Been awhile since ive been through your thread bud, but the car looks like it is coming along nicely and i cant wait to see the changes you made for the shootout espicially if there is any weight coming out! Looking forward to seeing you go 8s in person! See you at the shootout in 8 days well be getting there thursday mid day!
Thanks Tyler! Cant wait for the shootout man! Excited to meet you guys and check out your RS. I'll be there Wednesday night but I'll see you guys Thursday. Where are you staying at? Junk box will be running better than ever. It might be a little bit lighter but no where near your car or others. Didnt have the time to do that before the shootout. Hoping I set my new PB best at the shootout. I'm stoked to see your car runs 9s on the stock turbo!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Evosick2332

Yes sir, ill be at the BW again. Will be there Wedneday, going a day early. Cant wait till next weekend man, been looking forward to the shootout for months now lol
Stop on over and say hi . We'll have the red evo 8 out there again. And, possibly my brother's black auto (all RedJack Racing stickers on them).

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!