Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012 | 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

id get a dog box trans. ive been in one. They are awesome! not as consistent as a Auto trans but 10x's more fun to drive. The price is $$$$$ tho but i guess if your going to make it just a drag Evo its so worth it. Best of luck next season too you. I no someone is going to hit 7's in 2013 with BR sending out theses auto trans and stuff.
Old Oct 23, 2012 | 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
id get a dog box trans. ive been in one. They are awesome! not as consistent as a Auto trans but 10x's more fun to drive. The price is $$$$$ tho but i guess if your going to make it just a drag Evo its so worth it. Best of luck next season too you. I no someone is going to hit 7's in 2013 with BR sending out theses auto trans and stuff.
I hear nothing but awesome things about the Dogbox trans. Ive never driven one. They are def not cheap but to me there worth the money if you dont want to have lock out issues.

Thanks for the kind words man. Buschur Auto im looking forward to seeing more updates on it. Cant wait till Dave and the Buschur crew get that car out to the track. I would like someone to bring back the Record to the states for the Quickest EVO!
Old Oct 24, 2012 | 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
It was good to see you again man. lol I do want a rematch though next season Yea it was frustrating with the second gear lock out but thats all part if it on a stock syncro transmission. I dont get that many passes out of it but it happens. Maybe time for a DogBox next season. That will solve the issue its just not cheap at all lol. Im hoping to get out one more time this season to give it another shot. I am going to turn the 2-step down and see if that calms the car in first gear. All i was doing was spining and in the rev limiter trying to slam 2nd gear. Will see what happens, but im glad i made a couple low 9 second passes again
It was good to see you too. Rematch as long as I get a 3 second head start! Lol
That thing flies off the line tho. Once you work out the spinning and gears, I'm sure you'll be consistent 8s. Still exciting to watch you go low 9s too!
Old Oct 25, 2012 | 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE 10/25/12

Well everyone, my season has come to an end. With it being cold this weekend and snow in the forecast for this area next Tuesday, ive decided to be done for the season. I couldnt have asked for a better year. I had 2 goals in mind for this season. Make an 8 second pass and have a good showing at the Shootout. I went 8.98@167 and took 2nd place at the shootout. I have probably made over 40 low 9 second passes with the car or more. Its seen 9.0s, 9.1s consistently all year. There are some changes to be made. My car is still somewhat "heavy" weighing in just shy of 2700lbs without me in it. I think the exact weight is 2675. There's a lot of weight reduction to be done and it will all start in the off season.

I want to thank Boostin Performance for all their hard work and help with the Junk Box this year. I couldnt have done these goals with out them. We had a great season and cant wait for next year. BP FTW!! I have some changes planned for next season and will most likely get started after the first of the year more towards the middle of January. I dont want to spill the beans yet, but look out for Part 3 of the Junk Box thread soon My goal is to get the car done by Spring. Get the car out at the end of April and be at the Sport Compact @ Norwalk at the end of May Also, thanks to the support from friends, family and EVOm for your encouragement and help. Stay tuned!!
Old Oct 25, 2012 | 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Great job Joey! Can't wait to see what accomplishments you make next year!
Old Oct 25, 2012 | 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Baxtersevo
Great job Joey! Can't wait to see what accomplishments you make next year!
Thanks man! I appreciate it. We got a long way till spring
Old Oct 25, 2012 | 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome stuff man! Testiment to the engine builders enabling you to make 40 consecutive passes and not one problem! Great stuff bro and can't wait to see what next year brings.
Old Oct 25, 2012 | 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jeffbeagley
Awesome stuff man! Testiment to the engine builders enabling you to make 40 consecutive passes and not one problem! Great stuff bro and can't wait to see what next year brings.
Thank man i appreciate it! Car was consistent all year and I couldn't have asked for a better season. I am stoked for next season. There will be some changes made to the junk box for 2013. I'll have a new thread posted soon
Old Oct 29, 2012 | 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

LAST UPDATE!! 10/29/12

This is going to be my last update of the 2012 season on this thread. As i said, ive had a great year this season. Went 8s and had a great showing at the 2012 EVO Shootout. Car was solid and consistent all year and a BIG thanks goes out to Boostin Performance, Friends, Family for all the help and support this season.

Awhile back, I thought this would be my last season racing. Get away from it for a little while. It does get expensive, especially not being a mechanic and not owning a shop. I enjoy this hobby very much. I get that adrenaline rush pulling up to the tree each time i make a pass. Golf and racing are my biggest two hobbies. With that being said, I am continuing my journey with the Junk Box. I am going to come out even better next season with some changes. Now its time to make it a dedicated drag car. I dont want to post to much and give anything away because i want to save it for my new build thread. However, I will leave a quick pic of the car. Nothing special but there is a lot more to come. I dont have a plan on when the new thread will come out, but im think towards the end of November like i did last year. Thanks EVOm

Old Oct 29, 2012 | 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

It was surely a successful year for you man!!! Look forward to next year.
Old Oct 29, 2012 | 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
It was surely a successful year for you man!!! Look forward to next year.
Thanks Bud! A lot is in store for next season and cant wait. Keep an eye out for the new thread in the weeks to come!
Old Oct 29, 2012 | 12:39 PM
Former Sponsor

It's been one hell of a year Joey, CONGRATS on your accomplishments, and we're glad we could be a part of it.

I've got some plans in mind for my Evo, and am definitely looking forward to the start of the 2013 season as well!

Kristin
Old Oct 29, 2012 | 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostin Perform
It's been one hell of a year Joey, CONGRATS on your accomplishments, and we're glad we could be a part of it.

I've got some plans in mind for my Evo, and am definitely looking forward to the start of the 2013 season as well!

Kristin

Thanks Kristin! It was an awesome season and looking forward till spring 2013. The season just ended, and im already getting that itch to hit the track again hahaha.

Big plans for the Junk Box and cant wait till we get started on it!
Old Oct 29, 2012 | 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Nice headlight covers. Can't wait to see what the junkbox does next year. Have a nice winter break.
Old Oct 29, 2012 | 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Nice headlight covers. Can't wait to see what the junkbox does next year. Have a nice winter break.
There not covers. We got a long winter ahead, hoping it goes by fast. Have a good winter break also Man

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!