Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Thanks Brotha! Iphone does take some sick pics! I need to invest is a nice camera, maybe that will be a christmas present to myself haha!

Im building both hahaha To me a drag car should be clean and not hacked up. Theres way to go fast but be in style ya know. Outside will pretty much look the same in the spring. There will be just a shute hanging off the back

The shutters are from 9sec9.com. I have had them since last year. But i do have Jasons mirron block off plates I think i was the first one to have them on a car lol. They look sick in person, u will like yours!
Yea your going to need that camera to watch my car cross the traps in front of you lol its good to have dreams. And i agree i wish i could have kept the interior with my car, but with my goals it had to go to have any chance possible. Maybe since youll have an interior i could get a possible ride in it when i come out in spring. Dont hate on mine to much for being gutted, she still clean as a whistle, car will never be dirty again after it leaves the shop.

My chirstmas present is soon to be slicks and a small radiator to fit that toxicfab FF mani.

And i already know about the chute just dont put writing on it that says nice try! lol

And the plates look great, looked very similar to the pics Jason sent me. I cant wait. I convinced him to make stickers and start advertising! I just need to move out there and join the illnois evo club.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GGevo921
Yea your going to need that camera to watch my car cross the traps in front of you lol its good to have dreams. And i agree i wish i could have kept the interior with my car, but with my goals it had to go to have any chance possible. Maybe since youll have an interior i could get a possible ride in it when i come out in spring. Dont hate on mine to much for being gutted, she still clean as a whistle, car will never be dirty again after it leaves the shop.

My chirstmas present is soon to be slicks and a small radiator to fit that toxicfab FF mani.

And i already know about the chute just dont put writing on it that says nice try! lol

And the plates look great, looked very similar to the pics Jason sent me. I cant wait. I convinced him to make stickers and start advertising! I just need to move out there and join the illnois evo club.
U never know my friend, I could miss a gear haha But I hear ya man, the goal you set for your self is going to be tough. But it is def possible no doubt. I hope you can do it!

That sounds like a good christmas present haha! Im going today after work to see how much shipping would be for ya on the slicks! Ill get you a answer later today

Yea Jason is going to get stickers made and i hope to start to advertise them. He honestly does a great job with them, and take his time and pays attention to detail. I know there will be more and more people in the Evo community who wants the shutter and block off plates! Escpecially in the Spring time!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

U never know my friend, I could miss a gear haha But I hear ya man, the goal you set for your self is going to be tough. But it is def possible no doubt. I hope you can do it!

That sounds like a good christmas present haha! Im going today after work to see how much shipping would be for ya on the slicks! Ill get you a answer later today

Yea Jason is going to get stickers made and i hope to start to advertise them. He honestly does a great job with them, and take his time and pays attention to detail. I know there will be more and more people in the Evo community who wants the shutter and block off plates! Escpecially in the Spring time!
Lol i highly doubt you miss a gear, but i dont mind losing if i see 8s on the board.

Yup i will be advertising them as well for him! I def agree i think more and more people will want them as well. And i appreciate his help and support from the frist time i spoke with him. Wont hurt that we are running them either, especially if we reach our goals with them.

And yea i know its a tough goal, but i think i with the setup im going to have its going to happen. Im willing to push the car beyond the limit. So either its going to make it or brake, and then ill be coming after you goal.

But awesome that will be my favorite christmas gift yet
Old Dec 1, 2011, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Lol i highly doubt you miss a gear, but i dont mind losing if i see 8s on the board.

Yup i will be advertising them as well for him! I def agree i think more and more people will want them as well. And i appreciate his help and support from the frist time i spoke with him. Wont hurt that we are running them either, especially if we reach our goals with them.

And yea i know its a tough goal, but i think i with the setup im going to have its going to happen. Im willing to push the car beyond the limit. So either its going to make it or brake, and then ill be coming after you goal.

But awesome that will be my favorite christmas gift yet
I normally dont miss gears but there always a couple times where u get locked out and it happens. I dont mind losing to see a 9s on the board. I can really witness the record then hahaha

Yea same here, people will see them and get interested in them. Not to mention they will be a good deal price wise. You cant beat them for that. My shutter new i think were $250-275 Bucks haha.

That would be a good christmas present!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

You guys speak such kind words Thanks!! I wanna make a build thread but I'm afraid ill have nothing cool to put in it
Old Dec 1, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
You guys speak such kind words Thanks!! I wanna make a build thread but I'm afraid ill have nothing cool to put in it
No prob man! U need to make a build thread ASAP
Old Dec 1, 2011, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

I normally dont miss gears but there always a couple times where u get locked out and it happens. I dont mind losing to see a 9s on the board. I can really witness the record then hahaha

Yea same here, people will see them and get interested in them. Not to mention they will be a good deal price wise. You cant beat them for that. My shutter new i think were $250-275 Bucks haha.

That would be a good christmas present!
Yea im right there with you, my old evo would always want to lock me out of 2nd but i showed it who was boss most the time. But this one i will have NLTS, anit-lag, etc, you know the deal.

And thanks bud im hoping to see 9s i really want to make it into the industry, whole purpose of my build. You know what be sick a 8 and 9 sec pass side by side with matching time slips! now that would be sick

Maybe i can give Jason a run for his money lol

I cant wait for the parts bud. Im going to put up about 20+ pictures of them for you as soon as i get them. Ill also do some testing for you, and compare my times and mph with and without them. and dam Jason you really hooked me up with the price you quoted me. I think i should def be one of your sponsored cars, be happy to return the favor since you have helped me out so much. And +1 to what joey Said, MAKE A BUILD Thread, dying to see what your car looks like.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by dtrackstar
Don't forget about me!!! haha
Ill be there too but not in the 8s. Ill be happy with some low 10s
Old Dec 1, 2011, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Same hear
Old Dec 1, 2011, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

He honestly does a great job with them, and take his time and pays attention to detail. I know there will be more and more people in the Evo community who wants the shutter and block off plates! Escpecially in the Spring time!
I got a set and they look and fit nice. Too bad I didnt get to test them out this year
Old Dec 1, 2011, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=GGevo921;9788965]Yea im right there with you, my old evo would always want to lock me out of 2nd but i showed it who was boss most the time. But this one i will have NLTS, anit-lag, etc, you know the deal.

And thanks bud im hoping to see 9s i really want to make it into the industry, whole purpose of my build. You know what be sick a 8 and 9 sec pass side by side with matching time slips! now that would be sick

Maybe i can give Jason a run for his money lol

I'm sure you will get that 9 sec pass. If you put the effort in it will happen!. That would be sick, a 8 sec pass and a 9 sec pass on video with the timeslips haha. We would have to get Those framed haha

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Ill be there too but not in the 8s. Ill be happy with some low 10s
For sure man! U don't see that many low 10 sec evos around town
Old Dec 1, 2011, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sure you will get that 9 sec pass. If you put the effort in it will happen!. That would be sick, a 8 sec pass and a 9 sec pass on video with the timeslips haha. We would have to get Those framed haha
I got my frame ready for the slip and pictures of both our cars! Im prepared, i have i expectations for your car and my car. BTW bud whats it like to hit 163mph in 9.1 seconds? One hell of a ride i bet

Im working on my tuning as we speak, always learning something new! it nevers ends, but i love it!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Keep it up man..Good Luck!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

I got my frame ready for the slip and pictures of both our cars! Im prepared, i have i expectations for your car and my car. BTW bud whats it like to hit 163mph in 9.1 seconds? One hell of a ride i bet

Im working on my tuning as we speak, always learning something new! it nevers ends, but i love it!
Its crazy man, its a huge adrenaline rush! Its kinda scary though because i only raced with the stock seatbelt and a helmet. Going that fast in the car with not that much safety equipment makes you think. But its awesome man, theres nothing like inching up to the tree to make a pass! Hopefully in April, will both have those slips we want!

Originally Posted by Revo15
Keep it up man..Good Luck!
Thank you!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

[quote=Evosick2332;9790226]Its crazy man, its a huge adrenaline rush! Its kinda scary though because i only raced with the stock seatbelt and a helmet. Going that fast in the car with not that much safety equipment makes you think. But its awesome man, theres nothing like inching up to the tree to make a pass! Hopefully in April, will both have those slips we want!

I have no doubts that we will Might take a few passes but well be there. How much does your car weigh in at? Im trying to get to 2500 or less.

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!