Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2011 | 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
No worries man! Were talking about Evos so to me i dont care haha Im excited to man, after the 1st of the year will talk about a weekend where it would work for all of us to have this track day here in Chitown! It will be here quick, cant believe it almost Christmas already!!
I know i cant either. All i want for christams is for my cams to come in. only been 3 months since i ordered them. I have a feeling my car wont start until Feb or March earliest with my parts being delayed, hard to finish my build without the cams Also be nice to have a extra set of hands for that. But yes let me know what days you are thinking and ill look at my schedule to figure something out! Track day of the evos!
Old Dec 3, 2011 | 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tsidrift1
You ditching the 9 interior, Joey?
Yes sirr man, 9 interior i sold local to my buddy. Going with NRG seats. Time to get something different and lighter

Originally Posted by GGevo921
I know i cant either. All i want for christams is for my cams to come in. only been 3 months since i ordered them. I have a feeling my car wont start until Feb or March earliest with my parts being delayed, hard to finish my build without the cams Also be nice to have a extra set of hands for that. But yes let me know what days you are thinking and ill look at my schedule to figure something out! Track day of the evos!
I hear ya man, 3 months for a order of cams is def a long time. Feb or March is still early enough. By me the season really doesnt start to early-mid April! Ill check my schedule as well for the spring and will figure it out!
Old Dec 3, 2011 | 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

I hear ya man, 3 months for a order of cams is def a long time. Feb or March is still early enough. By me the season really doesnt start to early-mid April! Ill check my schedule as well for the spring and will figure it out![/quote]

Sounds good bud! Ill keep you posted as well. Im almost at the point of saying screw it and droping the FP4Rs and maybe trying your FP5R or the GSC S2's. what do you think bud? BTW i updated my thread today! Did you get your seats in yet?
Old Dec 3, 2011 | 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Is it March yet? I missed the whole season. I need to hit the track already
Old Dec 3, 2011 | 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
+1 me 2 man. I missed the whole season as well. my car has been in pieces since June due to part delays. But ill be ready in Spring.
Old Dec 3, 2011 | 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

+1 me 2 man. I missed the whole season as well. my car has been in pieces since June due to part delays. But ill be ready in Spring.

me too, well that and money lol
Old Dec 3, 2011 | 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

I'm with you guys. My car was being built all summer and I picked it up after the break in tune and they ran it lean and the car died 600 miles later. Round two is almost complete and WIll be ready for spring. Lol.
I'm ready to meet up with you local guys in 2012. It should be fun.
Old Dec 4, 2011 | 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

I hear ya man, 3 months for a order of cams is def a long time. Feb or March is still early enough. By me the season really doesnt start to early-mid April! Ill check my schedule as well for the spring and will figure it out!
Sounds good bud! Ill keep you posted as well. Im almost at the point of saying screw it and droping the FP4Rs and maybe trying your FP5R or the GSC S2's. what do you think bud? BTW i updated my thread today! Did you get your seats in yet?[/quote]

Either one is great cams. I would suggest going to the most aggresive cam available for your setup. GSC S2, Fp5R, or Kelfords would be a good choice!
I just checked your thread! Parts are rolling in, im liking the progress. Couldnt get a price for you on the shipping of the slicks, but tomorrow i will once its open. Did not get my seats yet. Planning on it in the next week or so

March is coming! Season will be here before we know it!

Originally Posted by Wickedwhite8
I'm with you guys. My car was being built all summer and I picked it up after the break in tune and they ran it lean and the car died 600 miles later. Round two is almost complete and WIll be ready for spring. Lol.
I'm ready to meet up with you local guys in 2012. It should be fun.
2012 is going to be a blast. We should have have a spring meet or something once the weather breaks then plan for a track day or something
Old Dec 5, 2011 | 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Bump for a great guy and awesome build. I want more updates!! Quit Slacking Joey

BTW heres a great video i found of Joey's car over the year. Dont know how to put up videos but heres the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRBaAQPFLfk
Old Dec 5, 2011 | 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Bump for a great guy and awesome build. I want more updates!! Quit Slacking Joey

BTW heres a great video i found of Joey's car over the year. Dont know how to put up videos but heres the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRBaAQPFLfk
Thanks bud! updates coming soon!

Thanks for postin the video. This was the one we made early in the season. Can't wait for more videos man, getting that itch already lol
Old Dec 5, 2011 | 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks bud! updates coming soon!

Thanks for postin the video. This was the one we made early in the season. Can't wait for more videos man, getting that itch already lol
You and me both im about to start racing my 240 at this point. lol. but i dont think it would make it down the track. lol
Old Dec 6, 2011 | 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

So close its not even funny! It'll get in the 8's no problem. First pass out I see an 8.90 at 162
Old Dec 6, 2011 | 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

You and me both im about to start racing my 240 at this point. lol. but i dont think it would make it down the track. lol
Im about ready to start racing the truck lol. But before you know it, spring will be here. Its already almost Christmas

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
So close its not even funny! It'll get in the 8's no problem. First pass out I see an 8.90 at 162
Thanks man! Yea I really close last season. I just ran out of time. I planned to put a fresh clutch it in and head back but i went on vacation and the weather wasnt cooperating. But at least i have something to look forward to for the spring. 8.90 @ 162 on the first pass i would have a heart attack haha
Old Dec 6, 2011 | 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

[quote=Evosick2332;9800102] Im about ready to start racing the truck lol. But before you know it, spring will be here. Its already almost Christmas

I think your truck would beat my 240 Its just happy to be the DD and nothing more, cant expect a ton out of 1989 all stock 240sx. But cant complain allows me to have the evo in pieces! PS my cams came in! Im way behind on the christmas stuff got to catch up
Old Dec 6, 2011 | 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

[quote=GGevo921;9800255]
Im about ready to start racing the truck lol. But before you know it, spring will be here. Its already almost Christmas

I think your truck would beat my 240 Its just happy to be the DD and nothing more, cant expect a ton out of 1989 all stock 240sx. But cant complain allows me to have the evo in pieces! PS my cams came in! Im way behind on the christmas stuff got to catch up
Gets you from A to B and thats all that matters. The Evos are the the toys hahaha Finally the Cams came in, those are the Fp4R right? Those are sick cams, not to mention they sounds nasty too!

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!