Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Anti-Lag build Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly stock turbo is the first goal im going for. then stock block, and then fastest evo period. thats the goals for this car.

And yes stock block for now. it will be a stock block untill i get the records im after or the block lets go. After that youll have to wait and see. I have a few ideas.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo7_8u
wow that motorbay is clean , good work man
Thanks! Today the wire tuck begins. Have my plywood all ready to go and lay it out on and then i will be happy with the engine bay. But just simple break cleaner and a little bit of time and amazing what can come about as a result. Thanks for the kind words.

Originally Posted by Marylin175
Honestly stock turbo is the first goal im going for. then stock block, and then fastest evo period. thats the goals for this car.

And yes stock block for now. it will be a stock block untill i get the records im after or the block lets go. After that youll have to wait and see. I have a few ideas.
??? I'm not sure what you are referencing here but i cant see the pictures nor get what you are trying to say.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Mini Update Double Pumper, Clean up, Dash removal beginsJust another minor update today as i did the whole BR double Pumper install, routing the hobs switch to the engine bay. (If anyone has questions on this please feel free to pm me, happy to help and save a few headaches that can catch you if you aren't sure). Also i began to clean the lower control arms today, and the crap off the wheel wells. NOT FUN! Every pound counts though. And lastly i began the dash removal today. Here is a couple pictures of the process today, dash pictures will come later with a whole compilation start to finish. Stay tuned updates will be coming fast.

Lower Control arm and wheel well junk cleaning.

BR Double Pumper Install

Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:03 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking good Tyler!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
Looking good Tyler!
Thanks bj! Hoping if all goes well to have the new toxicfab race fmic installed and the front bumper on with the toxicfab bumper latch kit this weekend.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

was the double pumper install easy ?? cause im getting one soon to , and want to know if its a mission .. no doubt it'll be simple
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks great! Lets get this thing done!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo7_8u
was the double pumper install easy ?? cause im getting one soon to , and want to know if its a mission .. no doubt it'll be simple
Yea it is pretty easy and straight forward, running the y lines can be confusing the first time on how to get them down the side of the gas tank. but yea very simple to do. If you have a specific question send me a pm and i will tell you how to do it.

Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
Looks great! Lets get this thing done!
Thanks! We are almost there, looking forward to hitting the track shortly
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Wow, look at all of that heavy undercoating under that car

-Jamie
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
Wow, look at all of that heavy undercoating under that car

-Jamie
I'm going to have some raw fingers after i finish removing all that. lol Curious to see how much that weighs when i pull it all off.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Imagine how many cans of rubberized undercoating you think it would take to apply that much to the ENTIRE car. Quite a few cans!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Dash Removal, Blower/Heater Core removal and Complete car rewire and tuck beginning, Mini Rad and STM Overfill can installWell since having some extra time on my hands due to a certain delayed part I began the dash removal today (contemplating making a how to thread, lmk i there is interest and i will take pictures and make one if there is enough interest in it). All that's left under the dash is the heater core which is ready to drop out tomorrow. Then its onto the wiring, being a perfectionist and having some extra time i have decided to not only re-wire the engine bay as well as do a wire tuck, but do all the wiring under the dash and wiring running to the back of the car. Going to be a lot of work but interested to see how much weight i save and having a almost wire free engine bay! Onto just a few pictures for now.

Mini Rad and STM Overflow Can

Dash Removal

Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry for the crappy pics, just using my camera on my phone.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joey Trejo
sweet build man
Thanks! Alot of hours in on this build. Im about to hate wires for the next couple of days!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:04 PM

Wow man your going thru this whole build like a mad man not leaving anything behind. All your hard work will pay off in the end when you get that 9 sex pass. I was thinking about this earlier but what kinda trap speed do you think it's going to take to get a 9 sec pass? I know there's alot of factors but when I ran my stock 8 9.8 hotside near full weight on toyo ra1s the best I could get was an 11.42 at 127 on 26 psi. I know that's no where even close to how fast you will be going and I anxiously await videos of this bad *** Evo making its goals. Best of luck to both you and the beer can.

Quick Reply: Anti-Lag build Thread