Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Anti-Lag build Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redrocket03
Wow man your going thru this whole build like a mad man not leaving anything behind. All your hard work will pay off in the end when you get that 9 sex pass. I was thinking about this earlier but what kinda trap speed do you think it's going to take to get a 9 sec pass? I know there's alot of factors but when I ran my stock 8 9.8 hotside near full weight on toyo ra1s the best I could get was an 11.42 at 127 on 26 psi. I know that's no where even close to how fast you will be going and I anxiously await videos of this bad *** Evo making its goals. Best of luck to both you and the beer can.
Thanks bro! Yea I'm overhauling right now on the build. And yea leaving nothing out. If I'm already there i might as well do it. Plus wires weight alot. I'm hoping to save alot of weight between the wiring and undercoating removal. Need the car to be as light as possible. 3 years ago on the old school fp red 64mm with a full weight gsr just boltons crappy street tires and a twin disc i went 11.4 @ 116. So im hoping to trap mid to high 130s. Thanks again bro I'm hoping Beer Can can get that 9 second pass!

Last edited by GGevo921; Apr 19, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

im interested in how much crap you take out in under the dash ..
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo7_8u
im interested in how much crap you take out in under the dash ..
Ill weigh everything i pull out under the dash and post up how much it saves. I'm removing everything possible that is not needed.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:43 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should put that dash bar on a diet too, like the guys in the weight reduction thread did. Most of them were able to get 7lbs+ off that bar.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
You should put that dash bar on a diet too, like the guys in the weight reduction thread did. Most of them were able to get 7lbs+ off that bar.
Already planned on it. Every pound counts. hope the shop is doing well!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:56 AM

Ive been following your build and have been using it as a reference point to my research. When i search s2's cams: i refer back to yours and see you have s3's. When i search 4" fmic i refer back to urs and find you have a 4.5" fmic. When i research ported IM and 65m tb i refer back to yours expecting to find either an aftermarket IM or 70m tb. But instead i find a normal sized item now lol. Any reason for staying 'reasonable' seeing as everything else is inrespect 'overkill' for a stock turbo.
Cheers
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:17 AM

Thumbs up

tuning on this is amazing. good work man.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jebiga
Ive been following your build and have been using it as a reference point to my research. When i search s2's cams: i refer back to yours and see you have s3's. When i search 4" fmic i refer back to urs and find you have a 4.5" fmic. When i research ported IM and 65m tb i refer back to yours expecting to find either an aftermarket IM or 70m tb. But instead i find a normal sized item now lol. Any reason for staying 'reasonable' seeing as everything else is inrespect 'overkill' for a stock turbo.
Cheers
Can't reveal all my secrets. Lol. And what may seem like overkill for every stock turbo evo but mine is true. But for my build everything I am running will only benefit my car and my goals. This car is being built for one thing and one thing only to go race and break records. Street driving is not really a concern and as far as s2 vs s3 cams s2 is what i would reccomend for any other stock turbo evo, but for my goals and some other parts im not mentioning as of now that i will be running s3 will greatly help me with drag racing. As far as the 70mm i had thought about it but i already have a stm ported intake manifold and BR 65mm tb no real point in swapping now as both products have prooven themselves time and time again on cars like cessna's evo, dave buschur, emery. HTH

Originally Posted by ben-_
tuning on this is amazing. good work man.
Thanks man! Working hard some more minor updates today! Overhaulling this car right now. Wiring is starting to **** me off lol!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Dash update Just further progress in the dash today. The heater core, blower, etc have been removed. Started Removing wiring today as well as gutted the dash board. Not sure on total weight removed so far but im going to weigh it and post up the amount i removed. Wiring has just begun and all i can say is i hate myself. lol. Anyway onto a few pictures. More updates soon!

Heater Core Removed

Dash

Dash gutted

Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Are you selling a lot of these parts? I need the ACD surround panel.

-Acree
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Acree
Are you selling a lot of these parts? I need the ACD surround panel.

-Acree
Yes i am. shoot me a pm!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't forget to remove any indicator bulbs you don't need in the instrument cluster Weight reduction at the level you will need is all about the details. I'm curious to see how light you make this car!

Looking good Tyler.

-Jamie
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
Don't forget to remove any indicator bulbs you don't need in the instrument cluster Weight reduction at the level you will need is all about the details. I'm curious to see how light you make this car!

Looking good Tyler.

-Jamie
Thanks bud, really trying to overhaul the car. Will be in at 9am tomorrow to work on it for probably a good 6+ hours. And yea i know maybe ill cut half the car off lol. Im trying to remove everything that is not necessary. Im sure ill find more as i go. Need to hack up the dash bar, 7lbs plus there, no sound deadening is in the car at all, but im hoping we make it at least in the 2300lb range or less. Going to be tough but i def think its possible. Looking forward to the dyno day Saturday!

Last edited by GGevo921; Apr 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:05 PM

Are you gonna run a full exhaust? Downpipe only would save you some weight. My buddy just did a full aluminum exhaust weighing in at 12lbs. Every little bit helps like you said haha I'm eager to see how far this goes
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

^I think hes using a dump right after the turbo.

Quick Reply: Anti-Lag build Thread