Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

R/TErnie's Evo 9 2.2L 4G64 EFR7670

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
Tyco Electronics

It seems Mitsubishi makes their own connectors, but most of them seem to be TE designs. I've also sourced the majority of the engine connectors as well as the connectors on the sides of the car near the door jamb. The interior connectors are mostly the "multi-lock" stuff. The connectors under the hood are all different styles and a PITA to figure out.
Thanks.

Wish it was easier to find this stuff.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Tyco Electronics

It seems Mitsubishi makes their own connectors, but most of them seem to be TE designs. I've also sourced the majority of the engine connectors as well as the connectors on the sides of the car near the door jamb. The interior connectors are mostly the "multi-lock" stuff. The connectors under the hood are all different styles and a PITA to figure out.
You're my new best friend. PM Coming!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tyco Electronics

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
You're my new best friend. PM Coming!
Share the wealth! I would love to be able to get some new connectors for some 1G DSM harnesses that are falling apart.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

sick build man
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by batty200
Share the wealth! I would love to be able to get some new connectors for some 1G DSM harnesses that are falling apart.
I can't comment on the 1G stuff at all, as I wouldn't be surprised if Mitsubishi changed connector suppliers in that time frame. I can only comment ont he EVO stuff.

To clarify, I said I sourced them, meaning I found who makes them and found a part number. Getting them is an entirely different story as typically there is a massive minimum order requirement.

The next option is to try and get the pins. That also will turn up as hit or miss for the most part. You can get a lot of them, but there are a few that you would need to order a 10,000 piece roll. At like $0.03 a piece, it's not super expensive, but I'm not spending $300 for a couple contacts. Now, if you wanted to manufacturer harnesses like ChaseBays, then it would be worth it. I imagine that is why their price is high, they simply had to buy several rolls of different pins and they are trying to recoup the price of initial investment. Looks like they dropped the EVO harness from their website though. I imagine it was probably hard to get the pieces and they weren't selling many harnesses?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:26 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That and every single person that received a harness was wired incorrectly
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

^^ haha. That's what I was thinking.

Evo is parked at the new shop. I'm finishing the move tomorrow then I'll be setting up shop Tuesday. Then I'll be working on other peoples projects until the weekend.

My mivec setup isn't perfect, but im getting closer. I timed the engine with the timing light... Everything looks good

More work to be done.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Are you going to eventually run a HUD?

I bought my computer right when windows 7 was released. I didn't want to have any problems with tuning software (what the computer is used for) as the EMS mfgrs didn't have windows 7 support. So I opted to get the XP and bypass any issues related to a new software product. I used windows 7 at work for the past 3 years. So... I'm familiar with both. I may upgrade this OS to 8 after a few months, but everything works now... so why fix it if it isn't broken? (purpose of this thread then?) haha.

If you want to try Win 8 let me know, as I have a few WTG sticks laying around. You will need to set primary boot order to USB or have a boot option selection (usually F12 or F10) on your splash screen. Has to be in a 2.0 port or better. They're pretty cool.. You never have to install windows as your PC will run straight off the usb stick.

If you decide to upgrade your comp in the future or that one takes ad ump on you, VPC is another viable option to run XP, it's very simple to setup and configure.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Freddie@Spec-Ops
That and every single person that received a harness was wired incorrectly

I'm in the same boat... I should receive it back from them this thursday and I'll give it a try to see if it works. If not, im not trying again and I'll put a OEM one. I want to see what my EFR can do!

Car is getting modified the lower and upper radiator supports to have extra clearance for the dump tubes, that way I won't be smashing any radiator.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

i have most of the mitsubishi engine connectors and contacts sitting in drawers at my place... had to source these for an old project a while back... let me know if you are interested.

-franz
I can't comment on the 1G stuff at all, as I wouldn't be surprised if Mitsubishi changed connector suppliers in that time frame. I can only comment ont he EVO stuff.

To clarify, I said I sourced them, meaning I found who makes them and found a part number. Getting them is an entirely different story as typically there is a massive minimum order requirement.

The next option is to try and get the pins. That also will turn up as hit or miss for the most part. You can get a lot of them, but there are a few that you would need to order a 10,000 piece roll. At like $0.03 a piece, it's not super expensive, but I'm not spending $300 for a couple contacts. Now, if you wanted to manufacturer harnesses like ChaseBays, then it would be worth it. I imagine that is why their price is high, they simply had to buy several rolls of different pins and they are trying to recoup the price of initial investment. Looks like they dropped the EVO harness from their website though. I imagine it was probably hard to get the pieces and they weren't selling many harnesses?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Picked up a Toxic Fab Clutch Pedal stop from Collin. Looks great. I took some pictures of it installed that I need to host. I really like how he made it. Nice wide base to give the stud on the firewall support...and the adjustable stopper is well made.

I'm buying a magnetic base and a dial indicator so I can degree my cams (and most likely find that I want to retard my intake cam one tooth on the timing belt) I'm in the process of installing my Shorai Lithium battery... which IS NOT a direct replacement for the PC680 battery that I had. Pisses me off a bit.

After I get those two things tackled...I'll be going to get some E85 to do some street tuning.

The new shop and the work I have has been consuming my time so far. Work is coming along well and I'm quite happy with the setup.

Wife is 31 weeks preggers. She's getting HUGE. I can't wait to see how big her belly gets when she's 39/40 weeks. Very excited to see my son for the first time. I've got my eyes on the Recaro baby seat. Need to order that soon. Need to get my pdap shot (whooping cough sp?)

Reminds me... I took a 3/4" long splinter from my parent's deck in my foot this weekend. I ALMOST passed out after I pulled it out. I ended up on their kitchen floor panting. I don't think I'll be able to watch the kid come out. I'll be at the head of the bed!
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Picked up a Toxic Fab Clutch Pedal stop from Collin. Looks great. I took some pictures of it installed that I need to host. I really like how he made it. Nice wide base to give the stud on the firewall support...and the adjustable stopper is well made.

I'm buying a magnetic base and a dial indicator so I can degree my cams (and most likely find that I want to retard my intake cam one tooth on the timing belt) I'm in the process of installing my Shorai Lithium battery... which IS NOT a direct replacement for the PC680 battery that I had. Pisses me off a bit.

After I get those two things tackled...I'll be going to get some E85 to do some street tuning.

The new shop and the work I have has been consuming my time so far. Work is coming along well and I'm quite happy with the setup.

Wife is 31 weeks preggers. She's getting HUGE. I can't wait to see how big her belly gets when she's 39/40 weeks. Very excited to see my son for the first time. I've got my eyes on the Recaro baby seat. Need to order that soon. Need to get my pdap shot (whooping cough sp?)

Reminds me... I took a 3/4" long splinter from my parent's deck in my foot this weekend. I ALMOST passed out after I pulled it out. I ended up on their kitchen floor panting. I don't think I'll be able to watch the kid come out. I'll be at the head of the bed!
Glad the pedal stopper worked out for you

Collin
Old Aug 7, 2012, 03:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So you probably dont want to hear how they removed a rusty sliver from my eye, eh?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Need to get my pdap shot (whooping cough sp?)
TDap haha. sorry im in the medical field and i get a good laugh out of the stuff like that.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:47 PM

damn i love it great build

Quick Reply: R/TErnie's Evo 9 2.2L 4G64 EFR7670