Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

R/TErnie's Evo 9 2.2L 4G64 EFR7670

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie

NOTES: Pass through grommit comes from the Evo X. The thread pitch on the ACD pump is a 14mm x 1.5 INVERTED FLARE

Sorry if I missed it, I did look but couldn't find any more info on your ACD pump relocation. Can you share more info on how you routed the electrical connections for the ACD pump? Did you cut and lengthen the leads? Also what hardware/plumbing did you use for the line to the transfercase? Did you run hardline or something like AN-6 braided?

I am working on the same setup. I plan on having a Staubli dry-break connector at the T/C so I can remove and reinstall it without needing to bleed the ACD fluid.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Sorry if I missed it, I did look but couldn't find any more info on your ACD pump relocation. Can you share more info on how you routed the electrical connections for the ACD pump? Did you cut and lengthen the leads? Also what hardware/plumbing did you use for the line to the transfercase? Did you run hardline or something like AN-6 braided?

I am working on the same setup. I plan on having a Staubli dry-break connector at the T/C so I can remove and reinstall it without needing to bleed the ACD fluid.
I used a banjo fitting at the t-case to a -6AN pro lite that went down to about where the subframe ends. Then connected it to a 3/8" SS .035" wall hardline and ran that under the car. I have pictures in this thread that show it... sorry it's not all together.

I then ran the -6 Pro-lite from where the trailing arm connects to the chassis, around the subframe and then to where I mounted the pump in the rear. That's where you need the 14mm inverted flate fitting.

for the mounting bracket, I thought of making an aluminum one or something lighter than the steel OEM one, but in the end I just modified the OEM steel bracket that was used up front and modded it to bolt to the pre-existing 10mm nuts that are already in the chassis. Took some cutting and welding, so it's not PnP by any means, but if you have a saw, welder, and a drill... you can reproduce my ACD bracket that mounts to the rear. I personally think that my mounting in the rear is "inadequate" as I only use 2-3 bolts IIRC and they're 10mm. That's a lot of weight that goes through a lot of acceration...

IF I re-make this one I'll have it re-produced for you guys using OEM mounting locations so you can mount your ACD pump in the rear. I really should get on that.

I'll also try and put all the ACD relocation pictures in 1 post.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Alternator came in time to install!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow that was fast! Nice and shiny parts make my day...
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

ernie, are you worried at all about corrosion on the ayc pump due to it being exposed right by that rear wheel? I know its a fairly common issue with the Xs and the pump is in the same location
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

I don't drive in salt covered roads. I intend on making a carbon cover for it. But thanks for the heads up. I'm not too concerned
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

^ I don't even have ACD but that I want to see!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Bump for results
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

By the way you were the topic of discussion at a cars and coffee meet this morning. I was telling some guys how you're always pushing the limits with wheel setups while retaining the stock body.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Because I plan on modifying the pan to solve the problem with a wet sump pan and then sell it to all you slackies. I have to first get a data log on a particular corner showing the oil pressure drop, then modify the pan to improve it...and show a quantitative improvement.

And because as my wife said... the cost of the dry-sump systems are equivalent to her buying 30 jackets. I don't think a dry-sump oiling system meets my definition of a street car.

All of the western cars are complete. From 43, 46, 48, and 51. We build a complete new car every year. Some parts have been borrowed from other cars, but the cars stay complete and they get driven every year. 43 had a suspension point fail this year while it was running. That car is almost 5 years old now.

Oh yeah...these fsae cars are only eligible for racing in the series for 1 calendar year. Every year the team has to make a whole new car.
So have you looked at this lately?

Last edited by mullen; Dec 2, 2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: trolling 68 pages of your thread and I don't have a life.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

^ I still have it. I have some data from Porsche Club Autocross, and it all looked good, but there were no sweeping right handers. Maybe when I do some skidpad testing or go out to a bigger track I'll have more data.

I really like the idea too! Also... I went and told Moroso how much their Evo pan sucks at SEMA. I told them (and I quote) "I HAVE YOUR MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION OIL PAN... IT FITS LIKE ***." I then went into detail about it.... when we were walking away I could hear them saying to each other "fits like ***." I chuckled.

This weekend was dedicated to my DD (Dodge Neon) it got some new Koni shocks (much needed) and I fabricated 3 spring compressor clamps because I don't have a proper spring compressor. Huge pita. I lost a small part of my left hand index finger to the car...

Neon needs a new RF wheel bearing, new headlights, and I need to reseal the tail lights. Some times I hate that car... but then again. It's cheap and it gets good mileage. I pray for the day I replace the neon with something else.

Evo gets work this coming week.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

You can be like Robi and buy every Suzuki Swift in the U.S. and have spare parts galore for cheap commuter that's über good on gas... :P

BTW, thanks for the PM...
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

^ I'm like that but with Neons. I've owned 5 neons so far... Most I've had at any given time was 3. My current one has proven to be the most problematic.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Simple, buy a honda lol
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:58 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=R/TErnie;10537018I really like the idea too! Also... I went and told Moroso how much their Evo pan sucks at SEMA. I told them (and I quote) "I HAVE YOUR MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION OIL PAN... IT FITS LIKE ***." I then went into detail about it.... when we were walking away I could hear them saying to each other "fits like ***." I chuckled.

[/QUOTE]

we have installed 6 of them without issue -

you are using the wrong sealer-

hee he

cb

Quick Reply: R/TErnie's Evo 9 2.2L 4G64 EFR7670