Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

2.2L Forward Facing 3794

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
I am having fun planning this build. The parts are picked out obviously, but some of the stuff I want to incorporate isnt up quite yet
This just made my day. The build is in your hands I really havent been on lately cause everyone and their mother wants to keep planting IED's and keeping my *** busy. Hopefully sometime within the next month or two everything will fall into place and this build will come together...Its just a matter of time now lol
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dscevo8
This just made my day. The build is in your hands I really havent been on lately cause everyone and their mother wants to keep planting IED's and keeping my *** busy. Hopefully sometime within the next month or two everything will fall into place and this build will come together...Its just a matter of time now lol
i'm not sure if i should laugh at this? or thank you...but i'll do both!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoforstevo
i'm not sure if i should laugh at this? or thank you...but i'll do both!
Haha I am not even kidding. This place goes from boring and nothing happening to non stop craziness.

Well I cant stop spending money lol I just purchased some coilovers and soon some rpf1s in 18x9.5 +15 SBC. I miss my car. I really think I have bought more **** for my car over here than my wife
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ta-3586-a.html
my parts list is a couple posts down this is a perfect set up imo. I made 775/650
Old Apr 17, 2012, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

well change of plans lol It looks like a got a good deal on an HTA 3794 so that is the route I will be taking. I am looking forward to coming home more and more now
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well change of plans lol It looks like a got a good deal on an HTA 3794 so that is the route I will be taking. I am looking forward to coming home more and more now
Nice man, good luck with the 3794
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Get ready to make some big boy power!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Im hoping it will make good power I was going to have to pay $750 to convert my HTA82 to a HTA86 anyways, so I opted to pay a little bit more and buy a used HTA94 from lilev23 who was selling it at a great price with less than 1k miles on it. I was boarderline whether I should go this big, but the car has always been a dyno queen and will be a weekend warrior when I get back. Everytime it has seen a track, it has broken something last time the oil pump seized and my timing belt snapped. Im hoping it wont be too laggy but I figure this will be the last time I have to upgrade turbos I have already been through a stocker, green, black, and hta82.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Hta 3794
Attached Thumbnails 2.2L Forward Facing 3794-turbo.bmp  
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:36 AM
Evolving Member

A couple updates on the build. I am currently still in Afghanistan and will be returning to prep the car for English in late August. Since I have been gone, I have bought some goodies as a present to myself lol I just purchased an oem JDM rear from Driveline, Tein Flex coilovers with EDFC, Enkei RPF1s in Matte Black 18x9.5 +15, and IX seats. The build is still consisting of a ER 2.4LR, forward facing hta 3794, magnus, ect. This is probably the last update until the car goes into the shop in August. Wife is fed up with all these parts that just happen to arrive at the house haha
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

My boy keath just finished getting his evo ix built and tuned with ER and made some ridiculous numbers...I am sure your car will be a beast as well
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:25 PM

Have you considered the STM 650 cams? They are having another limited run of them. STM has also had a lot of success using the skunk 2 intake manifold that they massage. I'm sure Aaron will point you in the right direction.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Update: The garage opener was dropped off to English last week since I will be back in Afghanistan next week. They will be picking it up when they get a chance.

A couple changes that will most likely be taking place. After talking to Myles and having them discuss my goals/build, the engine will probably be changed from a LR 2.4 to a 2.2L build. We feel that this engine will compliment the HTA3794 and make the car a beast top end wise. We were also thinking about the compression ratio and changing it from a 9:1 to a 10.5:1 since the car has only seen E85 over the last year. Any thoughts on a 2.4 compared to a 2.2 build? And any thought on changing the compression ratio? Just trying to get an idea of what everyone else was thinking...personally, I feel a 2.2L will benefit the HTA94 due to being able to take the RPMs out a bit more than a 2.4 and the HTA94 being such a big turbo.

The car will be a weekend/sunny day car as I already purchased a truck to DD from now on.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Update: The garage opener was dropped off to English last week since I will be back in Afghanistan next week. They will be picking it up when they get a chance.

A couple changes that will most likely be taking place. After talking to Myles and having them discuss my goals/build, the engine will probably be changed from a LR 2.4 to a 2.2L build. We feel that this engine will compliment the HTA3794 and make the car a beast top end wise. We were also thinking about the compression ratio and changing it from a 9:1 to a 10.5:1 since the car has only seen E85 over the last year. Any thoughts on a 2.4 compared to a 2.2 build? And any thought on changing the compression ratio? Just trying to get an idea of what everyone else was thinking...personally, I feel a 2.2L will benefit the HTA94 due to being able to take the RPMs out a bit more than a 2.4 and the HTA94 being such a big turbo.

The car will be a weekend/sunny day car as I already purchased a truck to DD from now on.
that c/r will be awesome, until you PCS to somewhere without E85. Then you're pretty much screwed. Look forward to seeing your build complete!
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

i agree, im surprised he suggested it, when i had them build my block, they advised against it

Quick Reply: 2.2L Forward Facing 3794